Sign in with
Your question

Monitor enters sleepmode during gameplay

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 12, 2004 10:28:10 PM

This is the problem:

The monitor enteres sleep-mode at some random points when I play 3D games. I cant Alt+Tab out or anything. Its not even regular, might go weeks everything working normal then in one day it might happen more then 2 times.

Only thing to do after the monitor goes into sleepmode is to manually reset the pc. No errors end up in Even Viewers logs. Suggesting its hardware related.

Here is the setup all new hardware:
ASUS P4V800-X mo-bo
P4 2.8Ghz Northwood
1gb ddr 400Mhz (same manufactorer)
Connect3D ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128mb
2 x 80gb harddrives Maxtor 7200rpm
1 x HP DVD-ROM
floppy (like it matters)

Its in a big chieftech chassi, got 2 fans on it, except that cpu and graphiccard has their own. Temperature on cpu and graphic-card are normal, ive checked during gameplay. Ive also run Memory tests with different programs, none found any errors.

The only thing that isnt brand new is the HP MX70 Monitor I use, its about 1 year old.

I have latest ATI drivers + BIOS + Chipset updates.
And energy managment is set so that nothing shuts down after a while.

I had the same problem when I had a GeForce4Ti 4800-SE in, thinking it was faulty I bought this new ATI card. But the problem happens again with monitor going into sleep mode at random occasions during 3d gameplay...

Any ideas are welcome, what can i do?
June 13, 2004 12:55:36 AM

Sounds like maybe it's your PSU, what is it's power rating, and brand?

-----
<font color=purple><b>Update:
AthlonXP 1800+ (1.53GHz) to AthlonXP 300+ (0.55GHz) on air. Underclock successful :) .</b></font color=purple>
June 13, 2004 10:44:17 AM

Im assuming a PSU stands for Power Supply Unit, my best guess.

heres the specs on my chassi:
http://www.styggapojken.com/product.htm?product_id=1173...

Now im no expert but 300W might not be enough...If that is the case, you maybe know. What do you think of me buying this PSU to replace the old one, it has 450W:
http://www.styggapojken.com/product.htm?product_id=1171...
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Cantstandya on 06/13/04 06:46 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
!