CDROM ICON Missing

XP pro. In My computer it is not showing one of my CDRW icons. Both units
show up in devices and cmos. I have multi users set up on the system. If I
log in on any of the other users the CDRW's show up and work fine. But still
on my Log In (as A administrator) ONe does not show up or Work.Always the
same one. I tried reinstalling it and drivers and still the same thing.
ANYBODY got any Ideas what may be causing this or a website that may help
2 answers Last reply
More about cdrom icon missing

    start>run>diskmgmt.msc
    --
    ---------------------------------------
    http://www.fast-rewind.com

    "jre133" wrote:

    > XP pro. In My computer it is not showing one of my CDRW icons. Both units
    > show up in devices and cmos. I have multi users set up on the system. If I
    > log in on any of the other users the CDRW's show up and work fine. But still
    > on my Log In (as A administrator) ONe does not show up or Work.Always the
    > same one. I tried reinstalling it and drivers and still the same thing.
    > ANYBODY got any Ideas what may be causing this or a website that may help

    Win XP Fixes: Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

    jre133 wrote:
    > XP pro. In My computer it is not showing one of my CDRW icons. Both
    > units show up in devices and cmos. I have multi users set up on the
    > system. If I log in on any of the other users the CDRW's show up and
    > work fine. But still on my Log In (as A administrator) ONe does not
    > show up or Work.Always the same one. I tried reinstalling it and
    > drivers and still the same thing. ANYBODY got any Ideas what may be
    > causing this or a website that may help

Windows XP