I'd like to watch and record freeview TV via my laptop without connecting to the internet and have been advised that I will probably need an external digital TV tuner as my laptop is a couple of years old.
I have access to a freeview-enabled aerial in my room but would prefer to use my existing laptop screen to avoid buying a TV which would just clutter the place up.
I am struggling to find something that meets my requirements (possibly because everything seems to be written in such technical language that I don;t fullt understand) which are:
- allows me to view TV on my laptop via a fixed aerial (rather than satellite dish)
- will allow me to set up recording of programmes in advance
- does not require my laptop to be on / connected to record programmes
- will record programmes on the device itself rather than storing them on my PC
- will let me watch / record a programme when there is already a programme being recorded.
Basically I want a standard digital TV recorder whcih I can view through a laptop. Does such a device exist? And what would you recommend?
More about :watch record laptop internet fixed aerial
Tivo supports PC access, so I am sure you can find an equivalent UK system. You are describing a DVR. It will have to be connected to your network and then you'll access the DVR via the network to manage/watch shows.