Windows Explorer crashes when I access certain folders.Ple..

Hi there, I have Windows XP with SP2 integrated for a while now and a very
annoying problem occurs since I've installed it. When I try to access some
directories on my hard drive i get the following error:

Explorer.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0xYYYYYYYY" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
memory could not be "written".
-Close
-Debug
where the second address is constant. After I click -Close win exlporer just
closes.

The Log from event viewer -> system:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26

Application popup: explorer.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
"0x01f4415b" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be
"written".

My system is clean from viruses and malware. Checked my RAM and hard drive
for errors-none. I have tried a lot of things, but this error persists.
Please help me.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer crashes access folders

    Refrence memory problems usually mean a hardware issue,specifically ram or
    the page file on the hd.Try system properties,advanced,performance,advanced,
    virtual memory,change button,L.click the hd,then set to:"let windows manage"
    then click set 2X,close out,a restart will be prompted.

    "Andrew E." wrote:

    > Refrence memory problems usually mean a hardware issue,specifically ram or
    > the page file on the hd.Try system properties,advanced,performance,advanced,
    > virtual memory,change button,L.click the hd,then set to:"let windows manage"
    > then click set 2X,close out,a restart will be prompted.
    >
    > "Lubo" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi there, I have Windows XP with SP2 integrated for a while now and a very
    > > annoying problem occurs since I've installed it. When I try to access some
    > > directories on my hard drive i get the following error:
    > >
    > > Explorer.exe - Application Error
    > > The instruction at "0xYYYYYYYY" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
    > > memory could not be "written".
    > > -Close
    > > -Debug
    > > where the second address is constant. After I click -Close win exlporer just
    > > closes.
    > >
    > > The Log from event viewer -> system:
    > >
    > > Event Type: Information
    > > Event Source: Application Popup
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 26

    > > Application popup: explorer.exe - Application Error : The instruction at
    > > "0x01f4415b" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be
    > > "written".
    > >
    > > My system is clean from viruses and malware. Checked my RAM and hard drive
    > > for errors-none. I have tried a lot of things, but this error persists.
    > > Please help me.

    Thank you for the advice Andrew, but it didn't help. I still receive this
    message. Do you have any other ideas?

Windows Explorer Memory Windows XP