Which phone has the BEST reception in Fido network (GTA)?

Last response: in Network Providers
May 23, 2004 12:27:20 PM

Hi,

I have been using the Sony Ericsson T300 and I am extremely
dissatisfied with the phone. I have exchanged it 3 times (same model)
and no improvements. In downtown Toronto (King/Bay) at a 3rd floor of
a building I get no reception whatsoever. The reception is really
really really bad.

Can you tell me what is the best phone currently offered by Fido which
has the best reception?

Must have:
- Vibrating ring

Should have
- Color screen

Thanks!!

TheTester
May 23, 2004 6:40:36 PM

"FidoBuyer" <brandyou_2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have been using the Sony Ericsson T300 and I am extremely
> dissatisfied with the phone. I have exchanged it 3 times (same model)
> and no improvements. In downtown Toronto (King/Bay) at a 3rd floor of
> a building I get no reception whatsoever. The reception is really
> really really bad.
>
> Can you tell me what is the best phone currently offered by Fido which
> has the best reception?
>
> Must have:
> - Vibrating ring

V60i. Also nice because it's got a nice druable metal case, and it's a a
very compact flip phone.

> Should have
> - Color screen

You might try the V400, but I can't say how good the recption is. I would
have a hard time exchanging the nice metal body for this plastic one, even
for the bigger colour screen.
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 11:06:52 AM

Lubos Hrasko wrote:
> reception. The M55 is annoying yet it's got incredible reception (in tunnels

I was very impressed with my M55's reception. But that was until the last
couple weeks where I notcied reception decreased significantly: when leaves
came out !

Now, in the basement, I, like with the 6190, need to be in certain areas to
get sufficient service. (But in winter, it was much better signal).

Either that, or Microcell mucked with the local antenna recently.

Oh, and the M55 will almost deplete its battery if you leave it turned on
overnight in an area where it can't see the network. The "network search" mode
eats through batteries very fast.
Related resources
May 26, 2004 3:21:38 PM

"JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
> Lubos Hrasko wrote:
> > reception. The M55 is annoying yet it's got incredible reception (in
tunnels

> I was very impressed with my M55's reception. But that was until the last
> couple weeks where I notcied reception decreased significantly: when
leaves
> came out !
>
> Now, in the basement, I, like with the 6190, need to be in certain areas
> get sufficient service. (But in winter, it was much better signal).
>
> Either that, or Microcell mucked with the local antenna recently.
>
> Oh, and the M55 will almost deplete its battery if you leave it turned on
> overnight in an area where it can't see the network. The "network search"
mode
> eats through batteries very fast.

Which is another advantage of the V60i. Mine will got for more than a week
without a charge at times.
Anonymous
June 2, 2004 12:15:17 AM

I am really desperate. TOday the phone droped 15 calls!!! (yes, I
counted them).

I am almost ready to buy the V600, even if it is so frigging
expensive, but I am hoping that since it is an evolution of the V60,
it would be as impressive as many people are with it.

I appreciate your thoughts, I'm really frustrated with this.

Thanks!!
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 12:47:27 AM

brandyou_2000@hotmail.com (FidoBuyer) wrote in

> I am really desperate. TOday the phone droped 15 calls!!! (yes, I
> counted them).
>
> I am almost ready to buy the V600, even if it is so frigging
> expensive, but I am hoping that since it is an evolution of the V60,
> it would be as impressive as many people are with it.
>
> I appreciate your thoughts, I'm really frustrated with this.
>
> Thanks!!

I moved from Shmelus to FIDO due to drop calls, I have been with FIDO for 3
years and never had a droped call yet, presently I use a Nokia 6600 and a
Nokia 3595 and sometimes a Samsung S300 all have great reception,
I think the Nokia 3595 and the then the 6600 have great RF

My $0.02 cents (Canadian)
!