AIM Install.exe is not a valid win32 application

April 30, 2005 2:27:01 PM

I’ve downloaded the recent version of AIM but I’m having troubles installing
it. The message “Install.exe is not a valid win32 application.� Comes up
every time I double click to open it. I have deleted it and downloaded it
again and again, tried saving it into other folders but comes up with the
same error message. Does this mean I need to upgrade something on my
computer? Thanks for any help.
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 1:28:53 AM

Maybe the file is bad on the site you are downloading it from? Are you
trying to download from AOL? That would be the only site I'd halfway trust.
Personally, I wouldn't load anything from AOL - between Symantec and AOL,
they run a close tie in which software package is most intrusive, most
difficult to remove and the most at taking control of your computer.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Louise" <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've downloaded the recent version of AIM but I'm having troubles
> installing
> it. The message "Install.exe is not a valid win32 application." Comes up
> every time I double click to open it. I have deleted it and downloaded it
> again and again, tried saving it into other folders but comes up with the
> same error message. Does this mean I need to upgrade something on my
> computer? Thanks for any help.
May 2, 2005 10:59:35 AM

Thanks for replying, yes i did download or try to download it from the
AOL.com website but it still isn't working. I thought AOL was a trusted site,
are there any instant messengers you would advise? thanks once more

!