Windows XP Native CD Writing Capabilities?

April 30, 2005 4:37:56 PM

Can Win XP home read and write CDR and CDRW disks without any added
software?

My PC came with a vendor software (Veritas DLA) which appears to be
broken and I was wondering whether I could still read/write CD's if I
stopped it from running or removed it.
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 5:18:06 PM

Yes, Windows XP has its own CD recording program.

Description of CD-R and CD-RW recording in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279157

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP