Windows XP Native CD Writing Capabilities?

Can Win XP home read and write CDR and CDRW disks without any added
software?

My PC came with a vendor software (Veritas DLA) which appears to be
broken and I was wondering whether I could still read/write CD's if I
stopped it from running or removed it.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows native writing capabilities

    Yes, Windows XP has its own CD recording program.

    Description of CD-R and CD-RW recording in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279157

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Jim" wrote:

    | Can Win XP home read and write CDR and CDRW disks without any added
    | software?
    |
    | My PC came with a vendor software (Veritas DLA) which appears to be
    | broken and I was wondering whether I could still read/write CD's if I
    | stopped it from running or removed it.

CD-Rom Windows XP Microsoft Software