Help - no icons, no task bar, just wallpaper

Hello. When I switch on my home PC it goes straight to the Windows wallpaper
but with no icons or task bar and I can't reboot it (have to unplug it). It
displays an error message along the lines of having problems initialising
McAfee Active Shield. I read on the web that I should try doing system
restore at the command prompt.....is this the best way to go or can somebody
suggest any other approaches? Thanks.

Ctrl+Alt+Del, go to "Aplications" tab andv click on "New task" and write without the quotes "explorer.exe". Does it appear?

"kalexs" <kalexs@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:127FBC03-3F70-4557-B92D-517E49D55B27@microsoft.com...
> Hello. When I switch on my home PC it goes straight to the Windows wallpaper
> but with no icons or task bar and I can't reboot it (have to unplug it). It
> displays an error message along the lines of having problems initialising
> McAfee Active Shield. I read on the web that I should try doing system
> restore at the command prompt.....is this the best way to go or can somebody
> suggest any other approaches? Thanks.

José, thanks for your response. I'm not at home just now as I can't get
online. If explorer appears, what should I do?

"José Gallardo" wrote:

> Ctrl+Alt+Del, go to "Aplications" tab andv click on "New task" and write without the quotes "explorer.exe". Does it appear?
>
> "kalexs" <kalexs@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:127FBC03-3F70-4557-B92D-517E49D55B27@microsoft.com...
> > Hello. When I switch on my home PC it goes straight to the Windows wallpaper
> > but with no icons or task bar and I can't reboot it (have to unplug it). It
> > displays an error message along the lines of having problems initialising
> > McAfee Active Shield. I read on the web that I should try doing system
> > restore at the command prompt.....is this the best way to go or can somebody
> > suggest any other approaches? Thanks.

If I apperas, I would uninstall MacAfee to see whether it is the culprit.