So far I've used only desktops, tablets and a MacBook which I liked a lot.
Now I need to buy a long-term durable strong leptop which will be my promary or even only PC at home.
Unlike desktops, I'm not updated with laptop technology so I need your help.
Here I answer the questions:
1. What is your budget? up to ~$1000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? At least 15"
3. What screen resolution do you want? capable of showing FHD
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement, but portatibility is advantage.
5. How much battery life do you need? not the priority but surely the more - the better for convenience.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Not really, I may try and enjoy but that'a not the usage I'm buying it for.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Heavy calculations, especially stock market-related (most of them are based on JVM), though I doubt that can be deemed as "heavy" nowadays. I want the laptop to be responsive even when many windows are open for long time.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? At least ~250GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. no comment
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? as long as possible - this is a priority!
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I don't know but considering prevous question, probably blue-ray unless it compromises other more important elements.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. no comment
13. What country do you live in? soon Israel, buying in USA.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I'm in USA now for a long time but soon I'll return to live in Israel. I'm buying in USA.
I hope I'm clear enough. I aso appreciate the community's help. There are so many types and brands nowadays. The days you could choose from 3 main brands/modules are gone :-)
and I'm starting to feel old ;-)