Quickbooks/Windows Explorer

I installed Quickbooks Premiere 2005 and it messed up my Windows Explorer.
It was working fine the day it was installed. Then I closed down for the
evening and when I started up the next morning, I couldn't open ANYTHING from
my desktop or through Start. I COULD open NON-Windows software through Task
Manager. And, I COULD open everything when I booted up in Safe Mode. Since
all was working well in safe mode, Quickbooks is telling me my challenge has
nothing to do with installing their product. If you have a solution to my
challenge, I would LOVE to hear from you!!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about quickbooks windows explorer

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
    2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Michelle T." <Michelle T.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE391BED-F962-4B99-B73E-416D029A6BBA@microsoft.com...
    >I installed Quickbooks Premiere 2005 and it messed up my Windows Explorer.
    > It was working fine the day it was installed. Then I closed down for the
    > evening and when I started up the next morning, I couldn't open ANYTHING from
    > my desktop or through Start. I COULD open NON-Windows software through Task
    > Manager. And, I COULD open everything when I booted up in Safe Mode. Since
    > all was working well in safe mode, Quickbooks is telling me my challenge has
    > nothing to do with installing their product. If you have a solution to my
    > challenge, I would LOVE to hear from you!!!!

Windows Explorer Safe Mode Windows XP