Dell 4700 Desktop extras?

I saw a Dell 4700 on a website a poster was kind enough to share.
However, I noticed that the price did not include the Sound System
(speakers etc.), Anti-virus or Firewall. I tried to call the Dell phone
number but it was closed. Does anyone know what other things are needed
with this system?. On the title page they do not even show a mouse and
keyboard included. Are these all to be purchased extra? I was not aware
they all had to be customized and the price shown did not include many
necessities.

If anyone has purchased this unit would you let me know what actually is
included in the price shown on the Outrageous Deals page? Thank you so
much for your help.

Bea

what is the website?

<bartalo@webtv.net> wrote in message news:22601-42180C42-72@storefull-3252.bay.webtv.net...
> >what is the website?
>
> This is the website:
>
> http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/outrageous_desktops?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd
>
> I am just confused as to what one actually gets for the listed price.

Click on the "Customize It" button for the config you are interested in.
Carefully walk through the following pages, which provide details on
what is included by default and what upgrades/extras you can select.
Choose the options you want, and if you aren't sure, take advantage
of the "Help Me Choose" links. At any time you can click the Update
Price and Ship Date link, toward the bottom of the page, to update
that information. When you are done with a page, click Continue.

The first configurator page is the main and most important one and
when comparing systems you don't have to go beyond it. If you go
there you'll see a basic mouse and keyboard is included. Some
things aren't included unless you pay extra, for example, speakers
and modem. Make sure to pick what you need.

Windows has a built-in firewall which is arguably adequate for
protecting you against outside threats. It isn't designed to protect you
from malware that has somehow made it onto your computer. If that
bothers you, you could grab the Zone Alarm Free firewall or purchase
one. Windows does not include antivirus software to speak of. Here
again, you could opt for something like AVG Free Edition or go for
a commercial product. If you aren't familiar with what's available, this
article will get the juices flowing:

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,115939,pg,1,00.asp

If you are aren't sure what to do about the anti-malware tools, I'd
encourage you to purchase one of the better suites rather than mess
with the free stuff. IIRC Dell offers a McAfee security suite and a
Norton security suite and their Outrageous Deals default to "no
subscription". Not sure if that means you'll get some trial version or
nothing at all. Perhaps someone else knows.

Bea Xxxx wrote:
> I saw a Dell 4700 on a website a poster was kind enough to share.
> However, I noticed that the price did not include the Sound System
> (speakers etc.), Anti-virus or Firewall. I tried to call the Dell phone
> number but it was closed. Does anyone know what other things are needed
> with this system?. On the title page they do not even show a mouse and
> keyboard included. Are these all to be purchased extra? I was not aware
> they all had to be customized and the price shown did not include many
> necessities.

Your page reference is to the Small Business site. Desktop systems from
Small Business do not include speakers or modems, which come with
systems bought from the Home site, because most business users need or
want neither. All Dell desktop systems come with keyboards and mice, or
have them as a no-cost option.

Others have pointed out that the items which are "missing" are available
as options or in some cases free.