Nvidia Tegra: $500-750M Into a $1B Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
I really have a problem with Intel graphics Chipsets. the G945 chipset with Atom netbooks really kept me away from them. They ran a bit too slow for me (not to mention I would like a 14" screen instead of the random sizes they have). That aside I would hope nVidia can boost the graphics of small form factor devices. It don't need to run Crysis but it would be nice if youtube ran properly.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Nvidia is in a really tricky position at the moment both Intel and AMD are developing an all in one chip which can do both graphics and x86 which will be targeted at the mass market. Mean while that leaves Nvidia fighting for scraps in smaller markets (case in point ION), I guess Tegra is Nvidia's way of breaking out of this situation by employing a strategy of diversification.

[citation][nom]timaahhh[/nom]I really have a problem with Intel graphics Chipsets. the G945 chipset with Atom netbooks really kept me away from them. They ran a bit too slow for me (not to mention I would like a 14" screen instead of the random sizes they have). That aside I would hope nVidia can boost the graphics of small form factor devices. It don't need to run Crysis but it would be nice if youtube ran properly.[/citation]

Ummmm atom's are BASIC processors for BASIC use with BASIC graphics - dont expect performance from BASIC components - get the idea?

14'' - something Core 2 based with an AMD video chip (not nvidia as you have seen they still have issues everywhere)

And youtube? works on anything including my iPhone - dunno what your doing wrong

[citation][nom]UnlicensedHitman[/nom]Intel makes crappy intergrate GPUS compared to Nividia.[/citation]

Atleast Intel GPU's dont die LOLZ

Intel = Business and Home sector, not gaming and multimedia sector - thats left for AMD and Nvidia.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]They'll get stepped on by Intel.[/citation]

Intel can't make a powerful integrated chip... what makes you think they can stomp nvidia at their own game?

Status
Not open for further replies.