  • Microsoft
  • Servers
  • Windows XP
April 30, 2005 9:59:23 PM

Help please.. Bell south says this is is a microsoft sp2 problem. The
FIREWALL IS TURNED OFF. I'm running WinXP Home SP2 on a Dell desktoP 4400
series and using MS Outlook Express 6.00. I can not reach the Bell South
smtp server from outlook express to send mail.
error msg reads:
"The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net',
Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

More about : outgoing mail winxp home sp2 issue

April 30, 2005 11:22:56 PM

Hi ... I'm not sure as to whether this will help but , it worth given a try
, If it doesn't work just undo what I am about to tell you to perform ... If
you open outlook express and click the following >>> Tools >>>Accounts >>>
click the " Mail " tab >> then properties on the right >>> select the "
Server " tab , Now look to see as to whether you have a check mark on " My
server requires authentication " If its not there add a check mark there and
click apply , Now try out and see if you can send emails , If this doesn't
correct your problem , just remove the check mark , hope it works

"CajunRN" <cajunrn1940> wrote in message
news:o 6qXrgdTFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Help please.. Bell south says this is is a microsoft sp2 problem. The
> FIREWALL IS TURNED OFF. I'm running WinXP Home SP2 on a Dell desktoP 4400
> series and using MS Outlook Express 6.00. I can not reach the Bell South
> smtp server from outlook express to send mail.
> error msg reads:
> "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net',
> Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
> Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 1:49:04 PM

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

!