linksys set up

I am trying to set up a cable/DSL router and when I run the setup disk it
says the computer is not connected to the internet. I disabled my firewall
and still same problem. Any suggestions?

major_minor wrote:
> I am trying to set up a cable/DSL router and when I run the setup
> disk it says the computer is not connected to the internet. I
> disabled my firewall and still same problem. Any suggestions?

You need a setup disk?

1) Take purchased router (Linksys) and connect it to power.
2) Connect network cable from DSL Modem or Cable Modem (that you had plugged
into your computer for Internet access) and plug it into the port labeled
"WAN" on your router (Linksys).
3) Connect network cable from another port on your router (Linksys) to your
network card of your computer.
4) Shutdown your PC.
5) Unplug your cable modem/dsl modem and your router (Linksys) from power.
6) After 60 seconds, plug the power back into your cable modem/dsl modem.
7) After 60 more seconds, plug the power back into your router (Linksys).
8) Boot up your computer and logon.

Do you now have connection?

--
<- Shenan ->

Shenan Stanley wrote:

> major_minor wrote:
>
>>I am trying to set up a cable/DSL router and when I run the setup
>>disk it says the computer is not connected to the internet. I
>>disabled my firewall and still same problem. Any suggestions?
>

> You need a setup disk?
>
> 1) Take purchased router (Linksys) and connect it to power.
> 2) Connect network cable from DSL Modem or Cable Modem (that you had plugged
> into your computer for Internet access) and plug it into the port labeled
> "WAN" on your router (Linksys).
> 3) Connect network cable from another port on your router (Linksys) to your
> network card of your computer.
> 4) Shutdown your PC.
> 5) Unplug your cable modem/dsl modem and your router (Linksys) from power.
> 6) After 60 seconds, plug the power back into your cable modem/dsl modem.
> 7) After 60 more seconds, plug the power back into your router (Linksys).
> 8) Boot up your computer and logon.
>
> Do you now have connection?

u forgot to Tell him to RUN NEW CONNECTION wizard

IT WORKED! Thank you very much!