i have the Realtek AC'97 Audio Controller version 5.10.0.5760
when i go to sound it tells me theres no device, but Device manager says the
driver is working fine. Also under Audio properties it tells me the Driver is
Enabled but has not been started. any idea how to start it?

Did you try "update driver" in Device Manager?

NOTEKY

"brendon" wrote:

> i have the Realtek AC'97 Audio Controller version 5.10.0.5760
> when i go to sound it tells me theres no device, but Device manager says the
> driver is working fine. Also under Audio properties it tells me the Driver is
> Enabled but has not been started. any idea how to start it?

it tells me that windows cant find a better driver for it.

"NOTEKY" wrote:

> Did you try "update driver" in Device Manager?
>
> NOTEKY
>
> "brendon" wrote:
>
> > i have the Realtek AC'97 Audio Controller version 5.10.0.5760
> > when i go to sound it tells me theres no device, but Device manager says the
> > driver is working fine. Also under Audio properties it tells me the Driver is
> > Enabled but has not been started. any idea how to start it?

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Delete all the items related to your sound in device manager and reboot. Any
updated drivers on the realtek site?