application manager, windows update, downloads

HELP.
i am trying to get my windows updates, however, i receive an error stating
that my automatic updates, background intel & events log must be started,
however, when i go to services.msc, they show they are started, however, my
applications manager is not. i try to start it but get a message stating
that there is a module error 126...? also, i try to download, but it stops at
99% and if it does finishes, the window disappears and i do not get the
option to install or run the program i just downloaded... help, i am trying
to get my updates to protect my computer and also, download other programs..
please assist, i have been at it for hours now.. thanks. :)

You cannot install some updates or programs: Go to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798&Product=winxp

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Tasha" <Tasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D88B0C-9679-4092-B344-5F6B36690863@microsoft.com...
> HELP.
> i am trying to get my windows updates, however, i receive an error stating
> that my automatic updates, background intel & events log must be started,
> however, when i go to services.msc, they show they are started, however, my
> applications manager is not. i try to start it but get a message stating
> that there is a module error 126...? also, i try to download, but it stops at
> 99% and if it does finishes, the window disappears and i do not get the
> option to install or run the program i just downloaded... help, i am trying
> to get my updates to protect my computer and also, download other programs..
> please assist, i have been at it for hours now.. thanks. :)

thanks.
what should i do about my applications manager not being able to start? i
believe this is why i cannot download or upload anything, it stops at 99% and
sometimes the window just freezes or disappears.. could you assist with that?
thanks

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> You cannot install some updates or programs: Go to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798&Product=winxp
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "Tasha" <Tasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D88B0C-9679-4092-B344-5F6B36690863@microsoft.com...
> > HELP.
> > i am trying to get my windows updates, however, i receive an error stating
> > that my automatic updates, background intel & events log must be started,
> > however, when i go to services.msc, they show they are started, however, my
> > applications manager is not. i try to start it but get a message stating
> > that there is a module error 126...? also, i try to download, but it stops at
> > 99% and if it does finishes, the window disappears and i do not get the
> > option to install or run the program i just downloaded... help, i am trying
> > to get my updates to protect my computer and also, download other programs..
> > please assist, i have been at it for hours now.. thanks. :)

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm