application manager, windows update, downloads

HELP.
i am trying to get my windows updates, however, i receive an error stating
that my automatic updates, background intel & events log must be started,
however, when i go to services.msc, they show they are started, however, my
applications manager is not. i try to start it but get a message stating
that there is a module error 126...? also, i try to download, but it stops at
99% and if it does finishes, the window disappears and i do not get the
option to install or run the program i just downloaded... help, i am trying
to get my updates to protect my computer and also, download other programs..
please assist, i have been at it for hours now.. thanks. :-)
3 answers Last reply
More about application manager windows update downloads

    You cannot install some updates or programs: Go to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798&Product=winxp

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Tasha" <Tasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D88B0C-9679-4092-B344-5F6B36690863@microsoft.com...
    > HELP.
    > i am trying to get my windows updates, however, i receive an error stating
    > that my automatic updates, background intel & events log must be started,
    > however, when i go to services.msc, they show they are started, however, my
    > applications manager is not. i try to start it but get a message stating
    > that there is a module error 126...? also, i try to download, but it stops at
    > 99% and if it does finishes, the window disappears and i do not get the
    > option to install or run the program i just downloaded... help, i am trying
    > to get my updates to protect my computer and also, download other programs..
    > please assist, i have been at it for hours now.. thanks. :-)

    thanks.
    what should i do about my applications manager not being able to start? i
    believe this is why i cannot download or upload anything, it stops at 99% and
    sometimes the window just freezes or disappears.. could you assist with that?
    thanks

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > You cannot install some updates or programs: Go to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798&Product=winxp
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "Tasha" <Tasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D88B0C-9679-4092-B344-5F6B36690863@microsoft.com...
    > > HELP.
    > > i am trying to get my windows updates, however, i receive an error stating
    > > that my automatic updates, background intel & events log must be started,
    > > however, when i go to services.msc, they show they are started, however, my
    > > applications manager is not. i try to start it but get a message stating
    > > that there is a module error 126...? also, i try to download, but it stops at
    > > 99% and if it does finishes, the window disappears and i do not get the
    > > option to install or run the program i just downloaded... help, i am trying
    > > to get my updates to protect my computer and also, download other programs..
    > > please assist, i have been at it for hours now.. thanks. :-)

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
    2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

    875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
    Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

    --

    "Tasha" <Tasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B14B7063-936F-47AD-BB89-4598D243EFEB@microsoft.com...
    > thanks.
    > what should i do about my applications manager not being able to start? i
    > believe this is why i cannot download or upload anything, it stops at 99% and
    > sometimes the window just freezes or disappears.. could you assist with that?
    > thanks
    >

    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> You cannot install some updates or programs: Go to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798&Product=winxp
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson
    >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    >> ..
    >> "Tasha" <Tasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D88B0C-9679-4092-B344-5F6B36690863@microsoft.com...
    >> > HELP.
    >> > i am trying to get my windows updates, however, i receive an error stating
    >> > that my automatic updates, background intel & events log must be started,
    >> > however, when i go to services.msc, they show they are started, however, my
    >> > applications manager is not. i try to start it but get a message stating
    >> > that there is a module error 126...? also, i try to download, but it stops at
    >> > 99% and if it does finishes, the window disappears and i do not get the
    >> > option to install or run the program i just downloaded... help, i am trying
    >> > to get my updates to protect my computer and also, download other programs..
    >> > please assist, i have been at it for hours now.. thanks. :-)

Windows Update Windows XP