Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

application manager, windows update, downloads

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 10:13:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

HELP.
i am trying to get my windows updates, however, i receive an error stating
that my automatic updates, background intel & events log must be started,
however, when i go to services.msc, they show they are started, however, my
applications manager is not. i try to start it but get a message stating
that there is a module error 126...? also, i try to download, but it stops at
99% and if it does finishes, the window disappears and i do not get the
option to install or run the program i just downloaded... help, i am trying
to get my updates to protect my computer and also, download other programs..
please assist, i have been at it for hours now.. thanks. :-)
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 11:56:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

You cannot install some updates or programs: Go to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798&Product=winxp

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
..
"Tasha" <Tasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D88B0C-9679-4092-B344-5F6B36690863@microsoft.com...
> HELP.
> i am trying to get my windows updates, however, i receive an error stating
> that my automatic updates, background intel & events log must be started,
> however, when i go to services.msc, they show they are started, however, my
> applications manager is not. i try to start it but get a message stating
> that there is a module error 126...? also, i try to download, but it stops at
> 99% and if it does finishes, the window disappears and i do not get the
> option to install or run the program i just downloaded... help, i am trying
> to get my updates to protect my computer and also, download other programs..
> please assist, i have been at it for hours now.. thanks. :-)
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 10:25:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

thanks.
what should i do about my applications manager not being able to start? i
believe this is why i cannot download or upload anything, it stops at 99% and
sometimes the window just freezes or disappears.. could you assist with that?
thanks


"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> You cannot install some updates or programs: Go to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798&Product=winxp
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
> ..
> "Tasha" <Tasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D88B0C-9679-4092-B344-5F6B36690863@microsoft.com...
> > HELP.
> > i am trying to get my windows updates, however, i receive an error stating
> > that my automatic updates, background intel & events log must be started,
> > however, when i go to services.msc, they show they are started, however, my
> > applications manager is not. i try to start it but get a message stating
> > that there is a module error 126...? also, i try to download, but it stops at
> > 99% and if it does finishes, the window disappears and i do not get the
> > option to install or run the program i just downloaded... help, i am trying
> > to get my updates to protect my computer and also, download other programs..
> > please assist, i have been at it for hours now.. thanks. :-)
>
>
>
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 12:58:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
..
"Tasha" <Tasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B14B7063-936F-47AD-BB89-4598D243EFEB@microsoft.com...
> thanks.
> what should i do about my applications manager not being able to start? i
> believe this is why i cannot download or upload anything, it stops at 99% and
> sometimes the window just freezes or disappears.. could you assist with that?
> thanks
>
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> You cannot install some updates or programs: Go to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798&Product=winxp
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
>> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
>> ..
>> "Tasha" <Tasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D88B0C-9679-4092-B344-5F6B36690863@microsoft.com...
>> > HELP.
>> > i am trying to get my windows updates, however, i receive an error stating
>> > that my automatic updates, background intel & events log must be started,
>> > however, when i go to services.msc, they show they are started, however, my
>> > applications manager is not. i try to start it but get a message stating
>> > that there is a module error 126...? also, i try to download, but it stops at
>> > 99% and if it does finishes, the window disappears and i do not get the
>> > option to install or run the program i just downloaded... help, i am trying
>> > to get my updates to protect my computer and also, download other programs..
>> > please assist, i have been at it for hours now.. thanks. :-)
>>
>>
>>
Related resources
!