Turning off Windows Power Management XP Pro S2

I have a Toshiba Satalite 1905-S301 I had to send it in for repair and they
blew away my hard drive info. I had to reinstall XP Pro and update it to
latest Windows fixes.
When I try to change power options in Control Panel, I get the message "To
adjust power management settings, close Microsoft Power Options and use
TOSHIBA Power Management" I have tried everything to find out how to turn it
off but cannot find it.
I have tried in the startup bios, no power management choices
I have tried every device in device manager. Turned off anything with a
power management option.
I tried msconfig with no luck either.
Does anyone know how I can turn it off and use the Toshiba power management
options? The screen TOSHIBA Power Managemnt shows up under the Power Options
Properties, but it is greyed out and non-responsive. My computer keeps
shutting down every 15 minutes which is really annoying.

fvetrovec

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Some laptops have special key combinations to reach functions in the BIOS.
Example on a Dell laptop I used ages ago you pressed Fn + F9 to reach power
management properties. See if that helps any. How did those dunderheads
manage to stuff your hard disk and give it back to you in a non working
state? I would have had something to say!