Turning off Windows Power Management XP Pro S2

I have a Toshiba Satalite 1905-S301 I had to send it in for repair and they
blew away my hard drive info. I had to reinstall XP Pro and update it to
latest Windows fixes.
When I try to change power options in Control Panel, I get the message "To
adjust power management settings, close Microsoft Power Options and use
TOSHIBA Power Management" I have tried everything to find out how to turn it
off but cannot find it.
I have tried in the startup bios, no power management choices
I have tried every device in device manager. Turned off anything with a
power management option.
I tried msconfig with no luck either.
Does anyone know how I can turn it off and use the Toshiba power management
options? The screen TOSHIBA Power Managemnt shows up under the Power Options
Properties, but it is greyed out and non-responsive. My computer keeps
shutting down every 15 minutes which is really annoying.

fvetrovec
1 answer Last reply
More about turning windows power management

    Some laptops have special key combinations to reach functions in the BIOS.
    Example on a Dell laptop I used ages ago you pressed Fn + F9 to reach power
    management properties. See if that helps any. How did those dunderheads
    manage to stuff your hard disk and give it back to you in a non working
    state? I would have had something to say!

    "Lost and bewildered" wrote:

    > I have a Toshiba Satalite 1905-S301 I had to send it in for repair and they
    > blew away my hard drive info. I had to reinstall XP Pro and update it to
    > latest Windows fixes.
    > When I try to change power options in Control Panel, I get the message "To
    > adjust power management settings, close Microsoft Power Options and use
    > TOSHIBA Power Management" I have tried everything to find out how to turn it
    > off but cannot find it.
    > I have tried in the startup bios, no power management choices
    > I have tried every device in device manager. Turned off anything with a
    > power management option.
    > I tried msconfig with no luck either.
    > Does anyone know how I can turn it off and use the Toshiba power management
    > options? The screen TOSHIBA Power Managemnt shows up under the Power Options
    > Properties, but it is greyed out and non-responsive. My computer keeps
    > shutting down every 15 minutes which is really annoying.
    >
    > fvetrovec

Toshiba Management Power Windows XP