Computer keeps on rebooting itself..

Hi,

This is has already happened before but now its not stopping. Once i turn on
my com, it boots up normally. then after the win xp screen and before the
desktop appears, a blue screen flashes with some text on it. It dissappears
almost instantly so i can't read any of the text. After the screen vanishes,
the com just restarts and this keeps on going, until i just turn off the com.
So i can't use my com now...

any ideas why its happening? and any resolutions?

Hi

If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
BSOD?

Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there may
refer to the problem.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Shishir" <Shishir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This is has already happened before but now its not stopping. Once i turn
> on
> my com, it boots up normally. then after the win xp screen and before the
> desktop appears, a blue screen flashes with some text on it. It
> dissappears
> almost instantly so i can't read any of the text. After the screen
> vanishes,
> the com just restarts and this keeps on going, until i just turn off the
> com.
> So i can't use my com now...
>
> any ideas why its happening? and any resolutions?

I understand what your trying to say..but the com that has the problem can't
even boot up properly. Even before it reaches the desktop screen...it already
reboots. Currently i am using another com, which is why i can post.

any other way to change the 'automatically restart' setting? The blue screen
flashes far too quickly for me to be able to read what is written..

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
> Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
> Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
> you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
> BSOD?
>
> Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there may
> refer to the problem.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Shishir" <Shishir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is has already happened before but now its not stopping. Once i turn
> > on
> > my com, it boots up normally. then after the win xp screen and before the
> > desktop appears, a blue screen flashes with some text on it. It
> > dissappears
> > almost instantly so i can't read any of the text. After the screen
> > vanishes,
> > the com just restarts and this keeps on going, until i just turn off the
> > com.
> > So i can't use my com now...
> >
> > any ideas why its happening? and any resolutions?

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Does the restart always occur at the same point? If not there is a
possibility that your hardware is being overworked. Use the BIOS and try
running your RAM at a slower speed (latency, timings).

"Shishir" wrote:

> I understand what your trying to say..but the com that has the problem can't
> even boot up properly. Even before it reaches the desktop screen...it already
> reboots. Currently i am using another com, which is why i can post.
>
> any other way to change the 'automatically restart' setting? The blue screen
> flashes far too quickly for me to be able to read what is written..
>

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
> > Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
> > Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
> > you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
> > BSOD?
> >
> > Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there may
> > refer to the problem.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Will Denny
> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> > Please reply to the News Groups
> >

> > "Shishir" <Shishir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > This is has already happened before but now its not stopping. Once i turn
> > > on
> > > my com, it boots up normally. then after the win xp screen and before the
> > > desktop appears, a blue screen flashes with some text on it. It
> > > dissappears
> > > almost instantly so i can't read any of the text. After the screen
> > > vanishes,
> > > the com just restarts and this keeps on going, until i just turn off the
> > > com.
> > > So i can't use my com now...
> > >
> > > any ideas why its happening? and any resolutions?

Yes it seems to restart at the same point. After the win xp screen and before
the logon screen..

"Shishir" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is has already happened before but now its not stopping.
> Once i turn on
> my com, it boots up normally. then after the win xp screen and
> before the
> desktop appears, a blue screen flashes with some text on it.
> It dissappears
> almost instantly so i can't read any of the text. After the
> screen vanishes,
> the com just restarts and this keeps on going, until i just
> turn off the com.
> So i can't use my com now...
>
> any ideas why its happening? and any resolutions?

Have you tried the safe mode or the last good configration?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Computer-rebooting-ftopict367523.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1186785

http://www.usenet.com

yes have already tried all the modes. all of them lead to restarts...