I am the worst manager in the world!

Yep, I really can't figure it out. I suppose it is my tactics, but whatever
club I choose I always underperform. I have tried experimenting with more
defensive tactics, but either way I lose more than I win. I rarely do any
tweaks with individual player instructions. Could that be it? Does anyone
have a fairly offensive tactic that works well for them? I've tried all the
ones downloaded from the dugout, but can't make it work.

Pete
9 answers Last reply
More about worst manager world

    Petter Natvig wrote:

    > Yep, I really can't figure it out. I suppose it is my tactics, but whatever
    > club I choose I always underperform. I have tried experimenting with more
    > defensive tactics, but either way I lose more than I win. I rarely do any
    > tweaks with individual player instructions. Could that be it? Does anyone
    > have a fairly offensive tactic that works well for them? I've tried all the
    > ones downloaded from the dugout, but can't make it work.
    >
    > Pete

    You`re not alone, lol. I do win more than I lose if I play with werder,
    liverpool or rosenborg, but with grimsby and kidderminster I`M really
    struggling.

    same here, start well first season then start visiting the relegation zones.
    example: first season on fm2005 , took everton to 3rd , next got relegated.
    however, a couple of weeks ago i was a bit bored on a saturday so went
    through all posistions and changed as much as i could to have the players do
    as i wanted them to do even though i knew they never had the ability to do
    what i was asking.
    the result of this was after 2 seasons of mid table ( with tranmere) i came
    second only missing first on goal difference, now half way through my 4th
    season and have been in top three all season easily, i have 2 games in hand
    which if i win will put me 2 points clear.

    "Petter Natvig" <petter.natvig@losmail.no> wrote in message
    > Yep, I really can't figure it out. I suppose it is my tactics, but
    > whatever club I choose I always underperform. I have tried experimenting
    > with more defensive tactics, but either way I lose more than I win. I
    > rarely do any tweaks with individual player instructions. Could that be
    > it? Does anyone have a fairly offensive tactic that works well for them?
    > I've tried all the ones downloaded from the dugout, but can't make it
    > work.
    >
    > Pete

    try corefm

    good tactics there, from some guy called redrabbit

    theres a diablo too, used it a few times it has worked every time

    it is

    FL FR

    ^

    ML MC MR

    DMC

    DL DC DC DR

    GK

    Team Instructions

    Attacking past midway
    Mixed Passing
    Tempo in the middle
    Width, a little way below half way
    creative freedom, a little tiny way below middle
    tackling hard
    defensive line, quite a way past middle
    marking, zonal
    focus passing, down both flanks

    counter attack and tight marking checked

    no individual messing about

    try it see how it fairs up, it works when i loose, reload, loose again and
    reload and use it and win, especially in cup finals against chelski haha

    gd luck

    AJSMITH wrote:

    > same here, start well first season then start visiting the relegation zones.
    > example: first season on fm2005 , took everton to 3rd , next got relegated.
    > however, a couple of weeks ago i was a bit bored on a saturday so went
    > through all posistions and changed as much as i could to have the players do
    > as i wanted them to do even though i knew they never had the ability to do
    > what i was asking.
    > the result of this was after 2 seasons of mid table ( with tranmere) i came
    > second only missing first on goal difference, now half way through my 4th
    > season and have been in top three all season easily, i have 2 games in hand
    > which if i win will put me 2 points clear.

    Let us know how the season ends!

    Christo wrote:

    > "Petter Natvig" <petter.natvig@losmail.no> wrote in message
    >
    >>Yep, I really can't figure it out. I suppose it is my tactics, but
    >>whatever club I choose I always underperform. I have tried experimenting
    >>with more defensive tactics, but either way I lose more than I win. I
    >>rarely do any tweaks with individual player instructions. Could that be
    >>it? Does anyone have a fairly offensive tactic that works well for them?
    >>I've tried all the ones downloaded from the dugout, but can't make it
    >>work.
    >>
    >>Pete
    >>

    > try corefm
    >
    > good tactics there, from some guy called redrabbit
    >
    > theres a diablo too, used it a few times it has worked every time
    >
    > it is
    >

    > FL FR
    >
    > ^
    > |
    > ML MC MR
    >
    > DMC
    >
    > DL DC DC DR
    >
    > GK
    >
    > Team Instructions
    >
    > Attacking past midway
    > Mixed Passing
    > Tempo in the middle
    > Width, a little way below half way
    > creative freedom, a little tiny way below middle
    > tackling hard
    > defensive line, quite a way past middle
    > marking, zonal
    > focus passing, down both flanks
    >
    > counter attack and tight marking checked
    >
    > no individual messing about
    >
    > try it see how it fairs up, it works when i loose, reload, loose again and
    > reload and use it and win, especially in cup finals against chelski haha
    >
    > gd luck

    Diablo on FM???

    anyone interested in knowing my exact tactics/formation i don't mind
    posting, especially as i am only 4 wins away from premiership football next
    season, in fact i might even win the league but need top team to drop points
    somewhere, but they do have to come to me second to last game : )

    AJSMITH wrote:

    > anyone interested in knowing my exact tactics/formation i don't mind
    > posting, especially as i am only 4 wins away from premiership football next
    > season, in fact i might even win the league but need top team to drop points
    > somewhere, but they do have to come to me second to last game : )

    Post what you got. I love reading these "team-stories".

    basically i use a 4-4-2 but change throughout the game to a diamond
    4-1-2-1-2 depending on wether i need a dmc if my defense is under pressure
    or to throw a man forward if i've got them on the run.
    all defender are set to very defemsive play but two full backs are allowed
    running with the ball.
    all four passing set to direct
    dmc is set to defensive even when playing as a normal midfeilder, most
    things that can be changed are set to defensive duties
    l/r midfielders have short arrow upward and set to slightly attacking with
    cross's and through balls set to max
    central midfielder/amc is set fairly attacking but i change him to fully
    attack if needed, allowed full freedom/ free role as poss' useing all
    settings. even though i don't have what you would call a "class" player
    for this role i find a forward as opposed to a amc or striker is perfect for
    this role but you do lose any tracking back ,defensive duties you might need
    from a midfielder.

    two strikers are set to full attack mode, useing all settings inc'
    corners,freekicks etc i have them set so they spend as much time as possible
    sitting around the 18 yard box, i just want them to score goals noting else.

    team set to slightly attacking on the slider bar,counter attacking but if
    i'm playing a team of obvious lower qaulity i untick the counter option.

    the one thing i have found is that you need the very best dmc you can
    afford/find. he makes this formation/options tick, if anyone thinks of
    trying the options i have listed and your team are haveing a bad game check
    your dmc first before making any other changes.

    AJSMITH wrote:
    > basically i use a 4-4-2 but change throughout the game to a diamond
    > 4-1-2-1-2 depending on wether i need a dmc if my defense is under pressure
    > or to throw a man forward if i've got them on the run.
    > all defender are set to very defemsive play but two full backs are allowed
    > running with the ball.
    > all four passing set to direct
    > dmc is set to defensive even when playing as a normal midfeilder, most
    > things that can be changed are set to defensive duties
    > l/r midfielders have short arrow upward and set to slightly attacking with
    > cross's and through balls set to max
    > central midfielder/amc is set fairly attacking but i change him to fully
    > attack if needed, allowed full freedom/ free role as poss' useing all
    > settings. even though i don't have what you would call a "class" player
    > for this role i find a forward as opposed to a amc or striker is perfect for
    > this role but you do lose any tracking back ,defensive duties you might need
    > from a midfielder.
    >
    > two strikers are set to full attack mode, useing all settings inc'
    > corners,freekicks etc i have them set so they spend as much time as possible
    > sitting around the 18 yard box, i just want them to score goals noting else.
    >
    > team set to slightly attacking on the slider bar,counter attacking but if
    > i'm playing a team of obvious lower qaulity i untick the counter option.
    >
    > the one thing i have found is that you need the very best dmc you can
    > afford/find. he makes this formation/options tick, if anyone thinks of
    > trying the options i have listed and your team are haveing a bad game check
    > your dmc first before making any other changes.

    Great...and who have you bought/sold?

Games Video Games