Needing 'Control-Alt-Delete' to log on

I used to need to enter 'Control-Alt-Delete' before logging on, but a few
days ago that disappeared. On the Microsoft Help Site it says I should go
to Control Panel > User Accounts > Advanced tab and tick the required box
...... but my 'User Account' page hasn't got an Advanced tab ! (This problem
refers to my lap-top, but I've looked on my Desktop computer and that hasn't
got one either)

Brian Frith

"Brian Frith" <frith@shrublands.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>I used to need to enter 'Control-Alt-Delete' before logging on, but a
>few
> days ago that disappeared. On the Microsoft Help Site it says I
> should go
> to Control Panel > User Accounts > Advanced tab and tick the required
> box
> ..... but my 'User Account' page hasn't got an Advanced tab ! (This
> problem
> refers to my lap-top, but I've looked on my Desktop computer and that
> hasn't
> got one either)

Type the following in the Run command box (WinKey+R)

control userpasswords2

You will find the option there.

--
William

Thanks for the tip - I can now see the advanced tab and open up the dialogue
box .... but the option to select 'Control Alt Delete' is greyed out! Any
more ideas?

Brian

> Thanks for the tip - I can now see the advanced tab and open up the
> dialogue
> box .... but the option to select 'Control Alt Delete' is greyed out!
> Any
> more ideas?

Not sure why it is greyed out.

But you can edit the Registry to have CTRL-ALT-DEL require to logon.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System
and
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

DisableCAD
REG_DWORD
0 = CTL-ALT-DEL is on at logon
1= CTL-ALT-DEL is off at logon