Needing 'Control-Alt-Delete' to log on

I used to need to enter 'Control-Alt-Delete' before logging on, but a few
days ago that disappeared. On the Microsoft Help Site it says I should go
to Control Panel > User Accounts > Advanced tab and tick the required box
...... but my 'User Account' page hasn't got an Advanced tab ! (This problem
refers to my lap-top, but I've looked on my Desktop computer and that hasn't
got one either)

Brian Frith
3 answers Last reply
More about needing control delete

    "Brian Frith" <frith@shrublands.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I used to need to enter 'Control-Alt-Delete' before logging on, but a
    >few
    > days ago that disappeared. On the Microsoft Help Site it says I
    > should go
    > to Control Panel > User Accounts > Advanced tab and tick the required
    > box
    > ..... but my 'User Account' page hasn't got an Advanced tab ! (This
    > problem
    > refers to my lap-top, but I've looked on my Desktop computer and that
    > hasn't
    > got one either)

    Type the following in the Run command box (WinKey+R)

    control userpasswords2

    You will find the option there.

    --
    William

    Thanks for the tip - I can now see the advanced tab and open up the dialogue
    box .... but the option to select 'Control Alt Delete' is greyed out! Any
    more ideas?

    Brian

    > Thanks for the tip - I can now see the advanced tab and open up the
    > dialogue
    > box .... but the option to select 'Control Alt Delete' is greyed out!
    > Any
    > more ideas?

    Not sure why it is greyed out.

    But you can edit the Registry to have CTRL-ALT-DEL require to logon.

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System
    and
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

    DisableCAD
    REG_DWORD
    0 = CTL-ALT-DEL is on at logon
    1= CTL-ALT-DEL is off at logon