turn off button on login screen

This is not a problem as such, but when I turn my computer on and when I am
at the login screen the "turn off" is not showing at the bottom left of the
screen.

Does any one know why it is not there.

Any help or information would be great.

NIK

--
Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup.

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Technically it should be there! Are you using, or has anyone used, tweaking
programs? I could find no option anywhere nor help file relating to the
issue.

"niknik1971" <niknik1971@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> This is not a problem as such, but when I turn my computer on and when
> I am
> at the login screen the "turn off" is not showing at the bottom left
> of the
> screen.
>
> Does any one know why it is not there.
>
> Any help or information would be great.

If the registry option that Ramesh points you too is not there you may
find it here:

Navigate to the following key:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system

then locate "shutdownwithoutlogon" in the right-hand pane and change the
value to 1.

--
William

Hi Nik,

ShutdownWithoutLogon:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/12328.asp

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"niknik1971" <niknik1971@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> This is not a problem as such, but when I turn my computer on and when I
> am
> at the login screen the "turn off" is not showing at the bottom left of
> the
> screen.
>
> Does any one know why it is not there.
>
> Any help or information would be great.
>
> NIK
>
> --
> Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup.

Ramesh:

Worked a treat. Thanks a lot.

I don't suppose you know how or why the turn off computer reg entry changed
by the way (I do not have any tweaking software on my computer).

NIK

--
> Hi Nik,
>
> ShutdownWithoutLogon:
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/12328.asp
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "niknik1971" <niknik1971@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> This is not a problem as such, but when I turn my computer on and when I
>> am
>> at the login screen the "turn off" is not showing at the bottom left of
>> the
>> screen.
>>
>> Does any one know why it is not there.
>>
>> Any help or information would be great.
>>
>> NIK
>>
>> --
>> Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup.

You're welcome! NIK. No idea why the setting has changed.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User