Something just got me!!!!! Help

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello everybody,
I was just on the net and I downloaded something called "begin2search.com"
It looks like it's in the history but I can't find history on the computer.
If anyone has heard of this one please send me some help in getting rid of
it. I am running Microsoft win xp sp2 everything up to date. This thing
turns words on pages green and makes them clickable like a link then you are
taken to a page that wants to sell you something. Thanks in advance if you
can help.
Bob

Hi Bob

Please try the following programs to search for any spyware that may be on
your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

Also see the following links:

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Bob" <bob@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello everybody,
> I was just on the net and I downloaded something called
> "begin2search.com" It looks like it's in the history but I can't find
> history on the computer. If anyone has heard of this one please send me
> some help in getting rid of it. I am running Microsoft win xp sp2
> everything up to date. This thing turns words on pages green and makes
> them clickable like a link then you are taken to a page that wants to sell
> you something. Thanks in advance if you can help.
> Bob

Yup, you infected yourself with Adware, and probably mountain of other
things by downloading and installing that... Just a word of advice that
everyone should follow, DON'T install anything unless you know what it is.
ALWAYS read the EULA that a user has to agree to before an item is
installed. Generally this will disclose any Spyware or Adware that the
install package may be hiding within...

In any case, a few programs you can try to use to get rid of this, and
countless other devious programs are SpyBot - Search and Destroy
(http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html), Ad-Aware
(http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/), and Microsoft AntiSpyware
(http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx).

NOTE: Microsoft AntiSpyware is BETA software, meaning it is in testing
stages right now. Basically this means that there can be (and most likely
are) flaws with the software, and there is the chance that on one system, it
could work perfectly fine, and on another, it could completely screw
everything up... The software comes with essentially NO support, and you
would be using it at your own risk... If you are unwilling to take the
chance of loosing important information or having your computer messed up,
then I would advise NOT to install this until the final release version is
issued sometime later this year...

"Bob" <bob@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello everybody,
> I was just on the net and I downloaded something called
"begin2search.com"
> It looks like it's in the history but I can't find history on the
computer.
> If anyone has heard of this one please send me some help in getting rid of
> it. I am running Microsoft win xp sp2 everything up to date. This thing
> turns words on pages green and makes them clickable like a link then you
are
> taken to a page that wants to sell you something. Thanks in advance if you
> can help.
> Bob

Latest posts