generic host processes for win32

Hi

Not an urgent enquiry, more just curiosity, a couple of XP boxes i`ve been
working with lately have both had this issue. When starting windows XP,
sometimes, but not always, they immediatley get the message "generic host
processes for Win32 has encountered an error and has to close." Closing it
does not seem to degrade windows in any way, but its a little strange. Both
machines were running SP2. Any ideas?

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

I have had the same problem. Microsoft is aware of it and is working on a
fix for release at a later date. It shouldn't cause any problems.
Damo

"Matt Buxton" <nospampleaseimbritish@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Not an urgent enquiry, more just curiosity, a couple of XP boxes i`ve
> been working with lately have both had this issue. When starting
> windows XP, sometimes, but not always, they immediatley get the
> message "generic host processes for Win32 has encountered an error and
> has to close." Closing it does not seem to degrade windows in any way,
> but its a little strange. Both machines were running SP2. Any ideas?

This may help you,
Generic Host Process Error Message and a Flashlight Icon Appear
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821690

--
William