KODAK camera

I bought a KODAK DC4800 digital camera just a few months before Windows XP
was released. It came with a CD that installed the necessary drivers on my
then Windows ME.
Recently, I got a new DELL computer with XP SP2 installed and it does not
have the drivers to download the pictures form the camera. The original
camera CD does not work with XP.
The KODAK site, although listing the camera as discontinued, informs that no
additional software is needed to work with XP (???). The site also offers
the EASYSHARE software (free), a 24 MB monster with lots of functions I do
not need as they are supplied with XP.
Is there a way to make XP work with this camera without having to install
additional software? A site where I can find the drivers for the camera?

Presently, the only way I have to use the camera is to download the pictures
to my old Windows ME PC then burn them to a CD and transfer the pictures
from the CD to the XP PC. Quite cumbersome.

--
Luiz Carlos Gonçalves Monteiro
lcgmont@globo.com

    Try http://www.google.com In search,enter the info,you might find drivers,
    or software.You might also try,microsoft research,they have some camera
    software for xp.

    "Luiz Carlos G Monteiro" wrote:

    > I bought a KODAK DC4800 digital camera just a few months before Windows XP
    > was released. It came with a CD that installed the necessary drivers on my
    > then Windows ME.
    > Recently, I got a new DELL computer with XP SP2 installed and it does not
    > have the drivers to download the pictures form the camera. The original
    > camera CD does not work with XP.
    > The KODAK site, although listing the camera as discontinued, informs that no
    > additional software is needed to work with XP (???). The site also offers
    > the EASYSHARE software (free), a 24 MB monster with lots of functions I do
    > not need as they are supplied with XP.
    > Is there a way to make XP work with this camera without having to install
    > additional software? A site where I can find the drivers for the camera?
    >
    > Presently, the only way I have to use the camera is to download the pictures
    > to my old Windows ME PC then burn them to a CD and transfer the pictures
    > from the CD to the XP PC. Quite cumbersome.
    >
    > --
    > Luiz Carlos Gonçalves Monteiro
    > lcgmont@globo.com

    Try this link it lets you use the XP scanner and camera wizard ie Windows
    Image Application.
    although it says for ME it does work with XP ok

    I use it without any other software ie Kodak easyshare or any other and you
    dont need any drivers

    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/software/dcDsu/winMillennium.shtml

    cleggy

Windows XP Cameras Kodak