Desktop icons blue!Help

May 1, 2005 1:18:01 PM

Hi i have a background that is not blue and my program icons backgrounds are
all blue on the desktop i would like them to be clear and no blue how do i do
this please help its annoying!!!

More about : desktop icons blue

May 1, 2005 3:35:10 PM

Right click on your desktop and go to properties. Then click the Appearance
tab on the top and click adavanced. Go to the drop down entitled "item" and
click icon. From there you can customize the icon color, font and size.

"RJW" wrote:

> Hi i have a background that is not blue and my program icons backgrounds are
> all blue on the desktop i would like them to be clear and no blue how do i do
> this please help its annoying!!!
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:12:02 PM

Hi none of this works i cant change the icon colour. When i change the
desktop colour in this-->>>Right click on your desktop and go to properties.
Then click the Appearance
> tab on the top and click adavanced. Go to the drop down entitled "item" and
> click icon.
The icon colour changes. what colour should they be normally?

"theresa" wrote:

> Right click on your desktop and go to properties. Then click the Appearance
> tab on the top and click adavanced. Go to the drop down entitled "item" and
> click icon. From there you can customize the icon color, font and size.
>
> "RJW" wrote:
>
> > Hi i have a background that is not blue and my program icons backgrounds are
> > all blue on the desktop i would like them to be clear and no blue how do i do
> > this please help its annoying!!!
May 1, 2005 4:23:56 PM

Right-click on your desktop and select:

Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web (tab)
and uncheck "Lock Desktop Items", click OK and APPLY.

Also, check this setting:

Right-click MY COMPUTER and select:
Properties > Advanced > Performance settings >
Visual Effects, place a check next to "Use Drop Shadows
for Icon Labels on the Desktop", then click "apply".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"RJW" wrote:

| Hi i have a background that is not blue and my program icons backgrounds are
| all blue on the desktop i would like them to be clear and no blue how do i do
| this please help its annoying!!!
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:38:01 PM

Thank you for all of your help i have found out it was to do with the active
desktop thank you again!!!!

"RJW" wrote:

> Hi none of this works i cant change the icon colour. When i change the
> desktop colour in this-->>>Right click on your desktop and go to properties.
> Then click the Appearance
> > tab on the top and click adavanced. Go to the drop down entitled "item" and
> > click icon.
> The icon colour changes. what colour should they be normally?
>
> "theresa" wrote:
>
> > Right click on your desktop and go to properties. Then click the Appearance
> > tab on the top and click adavanced. Go to the drop down entitled "item" and
> > click icon. From there you can customize the icon color, font and size.
> >
> > "RJW" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi i have a background that is not blue and my program icons backgrounds are
> > > all blue on the desktop i would like them to be clear and no blue how do i do
> > > this please help its annoying!!!
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 2:28:01 PM

Help! I've got the same problem with blue shadows and blocks of text under my
icons on the desktop. I heard it might be due to my active desktop, but
unable to fix. Can you please help? Thanks

Chris

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Right-click on your desktop and select:
>
> Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web (tab)
> and uncheck "Lock Desktop Items", click OK and APPLY.
>
> Also, check this setting:
>
> Right-click MY COMPUTER and select:
> Properties > Advanced > Performance settings >
> Visual Effects, place a check next to "Use Drop Shadows
> for Icon Labels on the Desktop", then click "apply".
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "RJW" wrote:
>
> | Hi i have a background that is not blue and my program icons backgrounds are
> | all blue on the desktop i would like them to be clear and no blue how do i do
> | this please help its annoying!!!

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 3:10:01 PM

Yes i can help i resolved my problem try this: right click on the desktop, go
to properties then desktop, then customise desktop, then the web tab and
unckeck everything, that should not be there

"RJW" wrote:

> Hi none of this works i cant change the icon colour. When i change the
> desktop colour in this-->>>Right click on your desktop and go to properties.
> Then click the Appearance
> > tab on the top and click adavanced. Go to the drop down entitled "item" and
> > click icon.
> The icon colour changes. what colour should they be normally?
>
> "theresa" wrote:
>
> > Right click on your desktop and go to properties. Then click the Appearance
> > tab on the top and click adavanced. Go to the drop down entitled "item" and
> > click icon. From there you can customize the icon color, font and size.
> >
> > "RJW" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi i have a background that is not blue and my program icons backgrounds are
> > > all blue on the desktop i would like them to be clear and no blue how do i do
> > > this please help its annoying!!!
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 3:12:31 AM

Desktop icons and icon labels may not display background transparency or the
drop shadow effect in Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305117

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Desktop Icons w/ Blue Shadows" <Desktop Icons w/ Blue
Shadows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help! I've got the same problem with blue shadows and blocks of text under
> my
> icons on the desktop. I heard it might be due to my active desktop, but
> unable to fix. Can you please help? Thanks
>
> Chris
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Right-click on your desktop and select:
>>
>> Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web (tab)
>> and uncheck "Lock Desktop Items", click OK and APPLY.
>>
>> Also, check this setting:
>>
>> Right-click MY COMPUTER and select:
>> Properties > Advanced > Performance settings >
>> Visual Effects, place a check next to "Use Drop Shadows
>> for Icon Labels on the Desktop", then click "apply".
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/window...

>> "RJW" wrote:
>>
>> | Hi i have a background that is not blue and my program icons
>> backgrounds are
>> | all blue on the desktop i would like them to be clear and no blue how
>> do i do
>> | this please help its annoying!!!

Anonymous
August 11, 2009 7:19:44 AM

Thanks, tried it too and it worked, Damn!.. that was annoying!
!