Theresa

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

I can't get my disc drive open! Why?

Tech support told me it might have been because of spyware I had (had to do
a complete system restore) but it's still not opening.

theresa wrote:
> I can't get my disc drive open! Why?
>
> Tech support told me it might have been because of spyware I had (had to do
> a complete system restore) but it's still not opening.

Do you mean CDROM drive? If so, there should be a small hole on the
front, put a paper clip in there and it will pop open.

--
See what I am selling (if you have nothing better to do that is!!!):
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Smarter-org-uk

Theresa

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

Yeah, it's the CD-Rom drive. But is there any way to fix it aso I won't have
to sue a paperclip EVERY time I want to open it?

"theresa" <theresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, it's the CD-Rom drive. But is there any way to fix it aso I
> won't have
> to sue a paperclip EVERY time I want to open it?

Maybe this will help:
Just right-click on the CD drive in My Computer and select "Eject". You
could also create a Shortcut of the CD Drive to your Desktop and
right-click on the shortcut to Eject the CD or open the tray.

--
William