cheating in valve's game and they will prosecute?

entium

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
<A HREF="http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=238" target="_new">http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=238</A>

When is going to far too much? I hope Valve's pockets as deep as MS, this isn't going to be easy for them to do!

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
A new front for the legal wars. Those a-holes that make hacks/trainers is manipulating software which is a violation of software liscence agreement and should be sued for every penny they have. Personally it should only target the online cheaters and not the single-player ones.

Mobile Barton 2500+ @ 2420mhz 11x220 1.7v
Asus A7N8X Dlx 440 FSB
1gb Geil GD pc3500 Dual Channel (2-3-3-6)
Segata 80gb SATA 8.5ms seek
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro to XT(420/730)

entium

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
its so hard to catch them thats the problem, if one guy gets caught other will find different ways to get around not getting caught. Hopefully it turns out for the better and they are able to clamp down cheaters and hackers.

"if it can be made it can be broken"......

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Yes it will be hard but at least it will so down the distribution of hacks and less flamers online.

Mobile Barton 2500+ @ 2420mhz 11x220 1.7v
Asus A7N8X Dlx 440 FSB
1gb Geil GD pc3500 Dual Channel (2-3-3-6)
Segata 80gb SATA 8.5ms seek
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro to XT(420/730)

Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
It's funny those guys talking about being banned for being too good. Hopefully if you play HL2 online now and you get owned, you won't have the "you cheated" defense, you'll just have to admit the other guys were better than you.

"It's too late now anyway. That song is stuck in my head and the only way to get rid of it is to blow it out. With a bullet!! - Carl

cefoskey

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2003
legal action for video game cheating...this will get laughed out of any court. There are no laws or precedents for this, it will never work.

"Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my drive?"
P4 3.0 HT, Intel D865GBF, 512MB Crucial PC3200 DDR, WD 36GB Raptor 10,000RPM, BBA Radeon 9600PRO, SB Audigy, Hauppage WinTV

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
I guess you like to cut and paste your news info from [H]'s front page, just like you cut and paste all of your technical information from "other" sources :lol:

I know more about coding than you do chump!

<A HREF="http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf" target="_new">All your base are belong to us.</A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2216718" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>

entium

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
lol GW what me to shut you up again?
News is news, You think everyone has the time to go find it all?

I suggest you shut up now before I really start flaming you again.

And this time I will really make your shader explination look bad. What you explained there was a 2 year old baby slobbering over a newspaper with a thumb stuck in his mouth.

Oh yeah not to mention it was a cut and paste from nV's promotion of the fx line, where you missed the more important parts to come up with your crap explination.

Btw what is the differece between a pixel and fragment shader? What happened to the fragement shader in your explination? What Ogl doesn't exsist anymore?

dhlucke

Polypheme
Settle down Beavis

<font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>SE</font color=yellow> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue>
<font color=yellow>SWEDEN SE SWEDEN SWEDEN</font color=yellow>
<font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>SE</font color=yellow> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=blue>SWEDEN

entium

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
lol just want to add one more thing :). You couldn't even explain vertex and pixel shaders right so how can you say your a programmer in the first place?

dhlucke

Polypheme
I don't recall saying I was a programmer.

<font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>SE</font color=yellow> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=yellow>SE</font color=yellow> <font color=blue>SWEDEN</font color=blue> <font color=blue>SWEDEN

entium

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
not you dhlucke :), Genetic weapon he said he was a better programmer then I which I would commend him if he was but just can't cut whats not there :)

Just one more off set remark.

What do you know GW?

"hello world"

If you were a programmer this is the first lesson you would learn. lol Probably didn't even know that.

Zeekfu

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
you guys are pretty cut-throat on this side of the tracks aren't ya? grape jackass and you guys just sit around arguing about the hypothetics of video cards 24/7, lol?

The graphics section of this "community" is like visiting a danged immature, punk arse eq flame site. Deep breaths guys, deep breaths....

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'd rather you calm down.

dhlucke

Polypheme
It's just that if you clam down I think we'll have a mess.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
:lol:

While we're on the subject of cheating though - Is someone going to sue Denmark/Sweden for collaborating to knock out Italy? :wink:

---
Epox 8RDA+ V1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
Summer's here! so ease off the overclock...
XP1700+ @166x12 (~2Ghz), 1.475 Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL 2-2-2-4
Sapphire 9800Pro 400/730

dhlucke

Polypheme
No