Donkey Kong Junior T-Molding for Particle Board Cab???

I purchased the 5/8 t-molding from Arcadeshop that is described to be a
replacement for particle board Nintendo cabs. Unfortunately, this is
a poor replacement for the original because it is not off-set like the
original was.

Does anyone know where I can find a better replacement?

Thanks,
Kevin
www.krakboi.com
5 answers Last reply
More about donkey kong junior molding particle board

    The stuff I got from arcadeshop does not completely cover the front
    edge. There is no overlap. I would actually prefer an overlap to the
    way it looks now.

    The stuff for the ply cabs is 9/16 which is even skinnier, so that
    isn't going to work either.

    Mike Arcadeshop claims to have an exact replacement, but that does not
    seem possible since the measurement sheet does not show an off-set.
    http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=TMW58IN

    So, when you say go with the standard, did you end up using 5/8, or
    going with something wider? Since you got some overlap, I am thinking
    you must have used maybe 3/4?

    Thanks for your reply.

    The particle board cabs use a different width T-Molding. The one's the use
    the skinny tmolding are plywood. I've had a couple of the particle board
    ones and nothing really fits it right. You'll have to go with a standard
    size molding and just have the overlap. I think some of the Vs. cabs and
    maybe some Popeyes used the particle board since I've had blue and orange
    ones.

    Scott

    www.agelessarcade.com

    "Kevin Rhinehart" <kevinr@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I purchased the 5/8 t-molding from Arcadeshop that is described to be a
    > replacement for particle board Nintendo cabs. Unfortunately, this is
    > a poor replacement for the original because it is not off-set like the
    > original was.
    >
    > Does anyone know where I can find a better replacement?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kevin
    > www.krakboi.com

    I think I used the same size as whatever pac and williams games like Joust
    and Robotron are.

    Scott

    > The stuff I got from arcadeshop does not completely cover the front
    > edge. There is no overlap. I would actually prefer an overlap to the
    > way it looks now.
    >
    > The stuff for the ply cabs is 9/16 which is even skinnier, so that
    > isn't going to work either.
    >
    > Mike Arcadeshop claims to have an exact replacement, but that does not
    > seem possible since the measurement sheet does not show an off-set.
    > http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=TMW58IN
    >
    > So, when you say go with the standard, did you end up using 5/8, or
    > going with something wider? Since you got some overlap, I am thinking
    > you must have used maybe 3/4?
    >
    > Thanks for your reply.

    That is 3/4. Thanks.

    you use the bigger size and trim the one side down.
    > That is 3/4. Thanks.

Games Video Nintendo Video Games