Scandisk runs at startup unexpectantly

For several days now at startup scandisk runs saying my C: drive needs to be
checked for integrity. When I shutdown I don't get any errors, everything
seems fine. I don't understand why windows thinks my system has a problem.
Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?
-Phil

I would like to know why scandisk runs on your computer everyday also.

I am assuming that you DO have Windows XP, as you posted to this news group!
Scandisk is NOT included with Windows XP. Are you using Windows 98 by any
chance. If so, post in one of the appropriate news groups.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Philburg2" <philburg2@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> For several days now at startup scandisk runs saying my C: drive needs to
> be checked for integrity. When I shutdown I don't get any errors,
> everything seems fine. I don't understand why windows thinks my system
> has a problem. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?
> -Phil

Of course I have XP and it does have a version of scan disk. You didn't
have to be a smartass about it. I called it scandisk as its basically the
easiest thing to compare it to.