Cannot accept "Take Control"

I currently have a policy that configures all pc's in our network to allow a
group of Remote Helpers to Offer Remote assistance. Anyone that belongs to
the remote helpers group can offer assistance and view the users desktop
just fine. The problem arises when we try to "Take Control". The remote user
is prompted to allow the "Expert" to take control but when they click the
Yes button nothing happens.The worst part is it doesn't happen all the time.

Is there a setting or GP setting that restricts users from allowing a user
to give control to other users? I have not had any luck finding an answer so
any help would be appreciated.

Clint

875357 - Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2:

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
..
"Clint Holliday" <cholliday@pconcall.com> wrote in message news:%23x0twCsTFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I currently have a policy that configures all pc's in our network to allow a
> group of Remote Helpers to Offer Remote assistance. Anyone that belongs to
> the remote helpers group can offer assistance and view the users desktop
> just fine. The problem arises when we try to "Take Control". The remote user
> is prompted to allow the "Expert" to take control but when they click the
> Yes button nothing happens.The worst part is it doesn't happen all the time.
>
> Is there a setting or GP setting that restricts users from allowing a user
> to give control to other users? I have not had any luck finding an answer so
> any help would be appreciated.
>
> Clint

We are not running XP SP2 yet. Any other suggestions?

"Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> 875357 - Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service
> Pack 2: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875357
>

> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> marfers notes for windows xp
> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
> .
> "Clint Holliday" <cholliday@pconcall.com> wrote in message
>>I currently have a policy that configures all pc's in our network to allow
>> group of Remote Helpers to Offer Remote assistance. Anyone that belongs
>> the remote helpers group can offer assistance and view the users desktop
>> just fine. The problem arises when we try to "Take Control". The remote
>> user
>> is prompted to allow the "Expert" to take control but when they click the
>> Yes button nothing happens.The worst part is it doesn't happen all the
>> time.
>>
>> Is there a setting or GP setting that restricts users from allowing a
>> user
>> to give control to other users? I have not had any luck finding an answer
>> so
>> any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Clint

Are they also trying to use MSN Messenger?

Remote Assistance, Application Sharing, or Whiteboard Session Does Not Start After Remote Computer Accepts Your Invitation:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330113

--

"Clint Holliday" <cholliday@pconcall.com> wrote in message news:OelPMgKUFHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> We are not running XP SP2 yet. Any other suggestions?
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKhc03%23TFHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> 875357 - Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
>>

>> --
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
>> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
>> .
>> "Clint Holliday" <cholliday@pconcall.com> wrote in message news:%23x0twCsTFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>>I currently have a policy that configures all pc's in our network to allow a
>>> group of Remote Helpers to Offer Remote assistance. Anyone that belongs to
>>> the remote helpers group can offer assistance and view the users desktop
>>> just fine. The problem arises when we try to "Take Control". The remote user
>>> is prompted to allow the "Expert" to take control but when they click the
>>> Yes button nothing happens.The worst part is it doesn't happen all the time.
>>>
>>> Is there a setting or GP setting that restricts users from allowing a user
>>> to give control to other users? I have not had any luck finding an answer so
>>> any help would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Clint

TRENDING THREADS