Suddenly "Open With" menu doesn't work in Explorer

May 2, 2005 12:15:23 AM

the casacading effect with "Open With" doesn't work any more when
right-clicking a file. Before it broke, it showed a list of programs to open
with, now it doesnt show anything. Is there a fix?
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 4:05:07 PM

Michael,

See if explains your problem.

Open-with list is collapsed; No items listed in the open-with menu:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/openwithissue.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Michael" <nospam@email.com> wrote in message
> the casacading effect with "Open With" doesn't work any more when
> right-clicking a file. Before it broke, it showed a list of programs to
> open
> with, now it doesnt show anything. Is there a fix?

May 3, 2005 11:30:38 PM

I installed ShellExView and I found out WinZip destroyed the context menus.
I installed WinZip and everything is back to normal. thanks
May 4, 2005 1:19:32 PM

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback.

--

news:o HzDLFFUFHA.3244@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I installed ShellExView and I found out WinZip destroyed the context menus.
> I installed WinZip and everything is back to normal. thanks

January 24, 2010 3:29:47 PM

I'm also having same issue. and also i can't extract to with winrar. or play all music. or preview graphics. and i opened shellexview and everything in the list is disabled.
January 24, 2010 5:28:26 PM

Nevermind i got it. thanks for the help. i had to re-read and open the program and retry it
!