My router keeps disconnecting and reconnecting all the time

Hi,
I have a LAN at home with a router of trade mark D-Link DI-624 with both
wired and wireless communication. Everything functions well except that Win
XP keeps telling me all the time that the LAN is discoonnected and after a
while it is connected again. I am frustrated with this "little" problem and
wish to know what it depends on and how I can get rid of it. Is this a known
issue? Can it come from the router or is it a software or setting issue?

I would appriciate any help on this issue.

Best Regards
M Shafaat
3 answers Last reply
More about router disconnecting reconnecting time

    You should contact the support section for the router. This newsgroup
    supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software, not D-Link.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "M Shafaat" <MShafaat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have a LAN at home with a router of trade mark D-Link DI-624 with both
    > wired and wireless communication. Everything functions well except that
    > Win
    > XP keeps telling me all the time that the LAN is discoonnected and after a
    > while it is connected again. I am frustrated with this "little" problem
    > and
    > wish to know what it depends on and how I can get rid of it. Is this a
    > known
    > issue? Can it come from the router or is it a software or setting issue?
    >
    > I would appriciate any help on this issue.
    >
    > Best Regards
    > M Shafaat

  2. I used to have a DI-624, D-Link shipped them with undersized power supplies, which forces them to reboot under load, or sometimes completely at random. It seems D-Link messed up with this product.
  3. I have the DI-624 and I had the same problem.
    The router used to really annoy me but not anymore :)
    Dowload the beta firmware 2.71b7 or 2.71b10.
    I'm using the 2.71b10 it works great, it doesnt disconnect anymore. With this firmware I got better performance and also range.
    Try it out but remember it is a beta driver. That means that its not an official final D-Link firmware.

    You can download it here- ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/di624_revC/Firmware/

Routers LAN Networking