My router keeps disconnecting and reconnecting all the time

Hi,
I have a LAN at home with a router of trade mark D-Link DI-624 with both
wired and wireless communication. Everything functions well except that Win
XP keeps telling me all the time that the LAN is discoonnected and after a
while it is connected again. I am frustrated with this "little" problem and
wish to know what it depends on and how I can get rid of it. Is this a known
issue? Can it come from the router or is it a software or setting issue?

I would appriciate any help on this issue.

Best Regards
M Shafaat

You should contact the support section for the router. This newsgroup
supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software, not D-Link.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"M Shafaat" <MShafaat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a LAN at home with a router of trade mark D-Link DI-624 with both
> wired and wireless communication. Everything functions well except that
> Win
> XP keeps telling me all the time that the LAN is discoonnected and after a
> while it is connected again. I am frustrated with this "little" problem
> and
> wish to know what it depends on and how I can get rid of it. Is this a
> known
> issue? Can it come from the router or is it a software or setting issue?
>
> I would appriciate any help on this issue.
>
> Best Regards
> M Shafaat

thinair

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2005
I used to have a DI-624, D-Link shipped them with undersized power supplies, which forces them to reboot under load, or sometimes completely at random. It seems D-Link messed up with this product.

Rockblaster13

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
I have the DI-624 and I had the same problem.
The router used to really annoy me but not anymore :)
Dowload the beta firmware 2.71b7 or 2.71b10.
I'm using the 2.71b10 it works great, it doesnt disconnect anymore. With this firmware I got better performance and also range.
Try it out but remember it is a beta driver. That means that its not an official final D-Link firmware.

You can download it here- ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/di624_revC/Firmware/