Longhorn image on desktop following SP2 installation

ragman

Distinguished
May 2, 2005

Some months ago I downloaded and installed SP2. I have had no problems to
speak of. However, following the installation the image of a Longhorn steer
appeared on my desktop in the form of several red dots which outline the
horns and head.
Most of the time I can't see the image, but when viewing something on a
darkened screen (such as wathing videos or DVDs), the image is there, and is
somewhat annoying.
Any idea why it is there, and what I can do about it?

Hi Ragman,

Would you send a screenshot of this to me? I would like to take a
look.

Send to bert@NSmvps.org remove the NS.

In the meantime I would suggest checking for malware.
Virus and Spyware removal and prevention
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/body_spyware.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

ragman wrote:
> Some months ago I downloaded and installed SP2. I have
> had no problems to speak of. However, following the
> installation the image of a Longhorn steer appeared on my
> desktop in the form of several red dots which outline the
> horns and head.
> Most of the time I can't see the image, but when viewing
> something on a darkened screen (such as wathing videos or
> DVDs), the image is there, and is somewhat annoying.
> Any idea why it is there, and what I can do about it?

SOunds like you "Downloaded" an advance (pirated) copy of Windows Longhorn.
I think I would REFORMAT that system and buy a "Legal" copy of Windows to
install on your computer.
What website did you "Download" that from????

ragman wrote:
> Some months ago I downloaded and installed SP2. I have had no
> problems to speak of. However, following the installation the image
> of a Longhorn steer appeared on my desktop in the form of several red
> dots which outline the horns and head.
> Most of the time I can't see the image, but when viewing something on
> a darkened screen (such as wathing videos or DVDs), the image is
> there, and is somewhat annoying.
> Any idea why it is there, and what I can do about it?

May I suggest you lay off whatever it is you're smoking/popping/imbibing...?