files and settings transfer

I recently set up my files and settings transfer wizard via serial cable to
transfer files to a new computer both with XP. It said it'll take almost 4
days.....could this be right? Also it seems to have stopped after 70.99%
complete, although the wizard still shows the transfer in progress. Any
help? Did I do something wrong?
1 answer Last reply
More about files settings transfer

    Transfer of data over the serial cable would be very slow. I'd use a network
    interface instead, or store the data locally and transfer to another hard
    drive by slaving it.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "nannyb" <nannyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently set up my files and settings transfer wizard via serial cable to
    > transfer files to a new computer both with XP. It said it'll take almost
    > 4
    > days.....could this be right? Also it seems to have stopped after 70.99%
    > complete, although the wizard still shows the transfer in progress. Any
    > help? Did I do something wrong?

Microsoft Windows XP