virus/trojan message help please i'm a novice

Hi not an expert or anything, i run avg scan yestersay as my computer was
running really slow, it detected a virus called Java/byteVerify, it would
not clean this for me. i was advised to go to the location of the file and
delete this, i did and emptied the recycle bin but it is still really slow,
can anyone help as i havent got a clue?

Perform a scan with Panda Online:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan/com/activescan_principal..htm