virus/trojan message help please i'm a novice

Hi not an expert or anything, i run avg scan yestersay as my computer was
running really slow, it detected a virus called Java/byteVerify, it would
not clean this for me. i was advised to go to the location of the file and
delete this, i did and emptied the recycle bin but it is still really slow,
can anyone help as i havent got a clue?
1 answer Last reply
More about virus trojan message novice

    Perform a scan with Panda Online:
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan/com/activescan_principal..htm

    "nickynfal" <nickynfal@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:F03CAF4B-358E-44F2-A019-269474ECD33D@microsoft.com...
    > Hi not an expert or anything, i run avg scan yestersay as my computer was
    > running really slow, it detected a virus called Java/byteVerify, it would
    > not clean this for me. i was advised to go to the location of the file and
    > delete this, i did and emptied the recycle bin but it is still really slow,
    > can anyone help as i havent got a clue?

Virus Trojan Windows XP