Help with Parition

I am trying to format my hard drive in dos, but for some reason it gives my
an error stating that I can not delete the volume. What do I need to do?
1 answer Last reply
More about help parition

    Hi

    Please have a look at the following article by Michael Stevens:

    "How do I format a NTFS, FAT/FAT32 drive with XP installed?"
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#02

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Shawn" <Shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to format my hard drive in dos, but for some reason it gives my
    > an error stating that I can not delete the volume. What do I need to do?

Microsoft Windows XP