North Texas Classic gaming competition

Scott

Just a quick FYI to see who is interested!

We are currently bringing a storage shed of broken games back from the
dead for a local bar/club in Denton, TX. Some great classics back
there!

Was talking to the owner yesterday afternoon and he told me of his
plans to use part of his club as a classic arcade room!

So we talked about the idea of having a classic gaming contest when
that comes to be. It would be a great way to advertise his club as
well as our repair business, not to mention a lot of fun.

No details until the job is finished, but just a quick shout out....
who would be interested in attending this? Lots of great classics and
ice cold beer!

http://www.HyperspaceArcade.com

scott@hyperspacearcade.com wrote:
> Really thought this would have some response....

The problem is that so many guys talk about doing this or that event,
and it really doesn't pan out.

If you were established already then I think it would generate more
excitement. The number and variety of games would be important.(But you
don't have that info yet).

I also wouldn't put a lot of value in a classic arcade tournament being
considered great advertising for his club or your repair business.

I myself go to the Funspot classic game tournament which is held
annually in New Hampshire. A lot of guys can't make it because it is
too far(as far as travel time and cost), so something in a different
area of the country might work. It would be great to have these
tournaments in the California and the Florida areas also.

Anyway, you'd need to set up something like that in order for people to
want to travel to you.(After we all have classic games already). :)

You could give Walter a ring(www.twingalaxies.com). He would be glad to
discuss possibilities with you on this.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Scott

Established? I've been on this board for 7 years...but ok.

I don't want to mention games or location until the games there are all
up and running. You know how people can be about "hey, lemme try and
buy his game" and stuff...

It's just a matter of getting the games finished. Business is picking
up, so I'm being pulled in a lotta directions.

The devil will be in the details and all....but I was curious to see
interest.

I'm in it for the beer and embarrassment at my poor arcade playing
skills. Besides, you're just 15 minutes away. Count me in.

Pat D.

scott@hyperspacearcade.com wrote:
> Just a quick FYI to see who is interested!
>
> We are currently bringing a storage shed of broken games back from the
> dead for a local bar/club in Denton, TX. Some great classics back
> there!
>
> Was talking to the owner yesterday afternoon and he told me of his
> plans to use part of his club as a classic arcade room!
>
> So we talked about the idea of having a classic gaming contest when
> that comes to be. It would be a great way to advertise his club as
> well as our repair business, not to mention a lot of fun.
>
> No details until the job is finished, but just a quick shout out....
> who would be interested in attending this? Lots of great classics and
> ice cold beer!
>
> http://www.HyperspaceArcade.com

scott@hyperspacearcade.com wrote:
> Established? I've been on this board for 7 years...but ok.

I was referring to the games being up and running in the bar/club you
mentioned.

Right now what you have is a dream.

Darren Harris
Staten ISland, New York.