EDGE availiability on Fido, when??

Last response: in Network Providers
May 31, 2004 5:32:29 PM

Anyone know if Fido is doing EDGE trials on their network and when we might
see them roll this out nationally? I don't recall hearing any announcements
and from some contacts I have it seems like Roger is a stones throw away
from national deployment.
A friend is actually using the Rogers implementation and he is getting
consistently over 200 kbps so I'm excited and hoping Fido isn't far behind
on this.

Thanks

--
Karan
Anonymous

In article <10bn5j65e2etm5c@corp.supernews.com>,
"Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote:

> Anyone know if Fido is doing EDGE trials on their network and when we might
> see them roll this out nationally? I don't recall hearing any announcements

No clue... and what's EDGE? :)

--
Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
"Morituri Nolumus Mori."

EDGE = Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution

Basically it is an enhancement to GPRS that should see throroughputs of 3x
GPRS. Rogers AT&T and AT&T Wireless are essentially done with their testing
and are rolling out. I was wondering what the status (if any) was with Fido

--
Karan
"Steven Fisher" <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> In article <10bn5j65e2etm5c@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone know if Fido is doing EDGE trials on their network and when we
>> might
>> see them roll this out nationally? I don't recall hearing any
>> announcements
>
> No clue... and what's EDGE? :)
>
> --
> Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
> "Morituri Nolumus Mori."
June 2, 2004 3:39:58 PM

Rogers is about to launch the Sony Ericsson GC82 EDGE PC Card. It would be
nice to see Fido follow suit. Any one have an inside scoop?

CU

"Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message
> EDGE = Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution
>
> Basically it is an enhancement to GPRS that should see throroughputs of 3x
> GPRS. Rogers AT&T and AT&T Wireless are essentially done with their
testing
> and are rolling out. I was wondering what the status (if any) was with
Fido

> --
> Karan
> "Steven Fisher" <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> > In article <10bn5j65e2etm5c@corp.supernews.com>,
> > "Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Anyone know if Fido is doing EDGE trials on their network and when we
> >> might
> >> see them roll this out nationally? I don't recall hearing any
> >> announcements
> >
> > No clue... and what's EDGE? :)
> >
> > --
> > Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
> > "Morituri Nolumus Mori."

---
June 4, 2004 5:14:52 PM

i hope this one helps...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=...

"Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message news:<10bnstmn0vkdsf1@corp.supernews.com>...
> EDGE = Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution
>
> Basically it is an enhancement to GPRS that should see throroughputs of 3x
> GPRS. Rogers AT&T and AT&T Wireless are essentially done with their testing
> and are rolling out. I was wondering what the status (if any) was with Fido
>
> --
> Karan
> "Steven Fisher" <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> > In article <10bn5j65e2etm5c@corp.supernews.com>,
> > "Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Anyone know if Fido is doing EDGE trials on their network and when we
> >> might
> >> see them roll this out nationally? I don't recall hearing any
> >> announcements
> >
> > No clue... and what's EDGE? :)
> >
> > --
> > Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
> > "Morituri Nolumus Mori."
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 2:57:55 PM

Thanks! That did help.

CU

"RRoSaLeS" <rrosales@mybc.com> wrote in message
news:D ec02ba3.0406041214.614e85aa@posting.google.com...
> i hope this one helps...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=...

> "Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message
> > EDGE = Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution
> >
> > Basically it is an enhancement to GPRS that should see throroughputs of
3x
> > GPRS. Rogers AT&T and AT&T Wireless are essentially done with their
testing
> > and are rolling out. I was wondering what the status (if any) was with
Fido

> > --
> > Karan
> > "Steven Fisher" <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote in message