EDGE availiability on Fido, when??

Anyone know if Fido is doing EDGE trials on their network and when we might
see them roll this out nationally? I don't recall hearing any announcements
and from some contacts I have it seems like Roger is a stones throw away
from national deployment.
A friend is actually using the Rogers implementation and he is getting
consistently over 200 kbps so I'm excited and hoping Fido isn't far behind
on this.

Thanks

--
Karan
5 answers Last reply

    In article <10bn5j65e2etm5c@corp.supernews.com>,
    "Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote:

    > Anyone know if Fido is doing EDGE trials on their network and when we might
    > see them roll this out nationally? I don't recall hearing any announcements

    No clue... and what's EDGE? :)

    --
    Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
    "Morituri Nolumus Mori."

    EDGE = Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution

    Basically it is an enhancement to GPRS that should see throroughputs of 3x
    GPRS. Rogers AT&T and AT&T Wireless are essentially done with their testing
    and are rolling out. I was wondering what the status (if any) was with Fido

    --
    Karan
    "Steven Fisher" <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > In article <10bn5j65e2etm5c@corp.supernews.com>,
    > "Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know if Fido is doing EDGE trials on their network and when we
    >> might
    >> see them roll this out nationally? I don't recall hearing any
    >> announcements
    >
    > No clue... and what's EDGE? :)
    >
    > --
    > Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
    > "Morituri Nolumus Mori."

    Rogers is about to launch the Sony Ericsson GC82 EDGE PC Card. It would be
    nice to see Fido follow suit. Any one have an inside scoop?

    CU

    "Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message
    > EDGE = Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution
    >
    > Basically it is an enhancement to GPRS that should see throroughputs of 3x
    > GPRS. Rogers AT&T and AT&T Wireless are essentially done with their
    testing
    > and are rolling out. I was wondering what the status (if any) was with
    Fido

    > --
    > Karan
    > "Steven Fisher" <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > > In article <10bn5j65e2etm5c@corp.supernews.com>,
    > > "Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Anyone know if Fido is doing EDGE trials on their network and when we
    > >> might
    > >> see them roll this out nationally? I don't recall hearing any
    > >> announcements
    > >
    > > No clue... and what's EDGE? :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
    > > "Morituri Nolumus Mori."

    ---

    i hope this one helps...

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=372688&highlight=%2BEDGE

    "Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message news:<10bnstmn0vkdsf1@corp.supernews.com>...
    > EDGE = Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution
    >
    > Basically it is an enhancement to GPRS that should see throroughputs of 3x
    > GPRS. Rogers AT&T and AT&T Wireless are essentially done with their testing
    > and are rolling out. I was wondering what the status (if any) was with Fido
    >
    > --
    > Karan
    > "Steven Fisher" <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > > In article <10bn5j65e2etm5c@corp.supernews.com>,
    > > "Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Anyone know if Fido is doing EDGE trials on their network and when we
    > >> might
    > >> see them roll this out nationally? I don't recall hearing any
    > >> announcements
    > >
    > > No clue... and what's EDGE? :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Steven Fisher; sdfisher@spamcop.net
    > > "Morituri Nolumus Mori."

    Thanks! That did help.

    CU

    "RRoSaLeS" <rrosales@mybc.com> wrote in message
    > i hope this one helps...

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=372688&highlight=%2BEDGE

    > "Karan Mavai" <karan_m.stopspam@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message
    > > EDGE = Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution
    > >
    > > Basically it is an enhancement to GPRS that should see throroughputs of
    3x
    > > GPRS. Rogers AT&T and AT&T Wireless are essentially done with their
    testing
    > > and are rolling out. I was wondering what the status (if any) was with
    Fido

    > > --
    > > Karan
    > > "Steven Fisher" <sdfisher@spamcop.net> wrote in message