Spy Hunter repair question

I have a Spyhunter arcade game, Bally/Midway upright model. Game works
fine, however the car will not accelerate properly. I do not think this
is a mechanical problem. This occurred after a problem with the power
board was repaired. Everything worked fine before, but now an
intermitent loss of the acceleration and top speed occurs during play.
Has anyone with a Spyhunter had this problem? Any advice would be
appreciated. Any possible fixes or suggestions. Thanks! Matt. Please
contact me at my E-mail address mattbliss@aol.com.
2 answers Last reply
More about hunter repair question

    spyslayer wrote:
    > I have a Spyhunter arcade game, Bally/Midway upright model. Game
    works
    > fine, however the car will not accelerate properly. I do not think
    this
    > is a mechanical problem. This occurred after a problem with the power
    > board was repaired. Everything worked fine before, but now an
    > intermitent loss of the acceleration and top speed occurs during
    play.
    > Has anyone with a Spyhunter had this problem? Any advice would be
    > appreciated. Any possible fixes or suggestions. Thanks! Matt. Please
    > contact me at my E-mail address mattbliss@aol.com.

    You need to look at the gears for the pedal. It's a mechanical problem,
    not electrical. Get some graphite lubricant. It's greaseless and could
    be found in a spray can in auto parts store. R & S strauss carries it.
    Spray it on the pedal gears very lightly and work the pedal back/forth.
    It will make the pedal glide nicely and your speed should come back

    John

    Could just be a dirty pot... get some contact cleaner and spray it into the
    pot...

    Could also be the AbsPos board.

    Or the SSIO.

    Or the power supply.

    *sigh*.... the joys of MCR games...

    "spyslayer" <mattbliss@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Spyhunter arcade game, Bally/Midway upright model. Game works
    > fine, however the car will not accelerate properly. I do not think this
    > is a mechanical problem. This occurred after a problem with the power
    > board was repaired. Everything worked fine before, but now an
    > intermitent loss of the acceleration and top speed occurs during play.
    > Has anyone with a Spyhunter had this problem? Any advice would be
    > appreciated. Any possible fixes or suggestions. Thanks! Matt. Please
    > contact me at my E-mail address mattbliss@aol.com.

Games Video Games