Spy Hunter repair question

I have a Spyhunter arcade game, Bally/Midway upright model. Game works
fine, however the car will not accelerate properly. I do not think this
is a mechanical problem. This occurred after a problem with the power
board was repaired. Everything worked fine before, but now an
intermitent loss of the acceleration and top speed occurs during play.
Has anyone with a Spyhunter had this problem? Any advice would be
appreciated. Any possible fixes or suggestions. Thanks! Matt. Please
contact me at my E-mail address mattbliss@aol.com.

spyslayer wrote:
> I have a Spyhunter arcade game, Bally/Midway upright model. Game
works
> fine, however the car will not accelerate properly. I do not think
this
> is a mechanical problem. This occurred after a problem with the power
> board was repaired. Everything worked fine before, but now an
> intermitent loss of the acceleration and top speed occurs during
play.
> Has anyone with a Spyhunter had this problem? Any advice would be
> appreciated. Any possible fixes or suggestions. Thanks! Matt. Please
> contact me at my E-mail address mattbliss@aol.com.

You need to look at the gears for the pedal. It's a mechanical problem,
not electrical. Get some graphite lubricant. It's greaseless and could
be found in a spray can in auto parts store. R & S strauss carries it.
Spray it on the pedal gears very lightly and work the pedal back/forth.
It will make the pedal glide nicely and your speed should come back

John

Could just be a dirty pot... get some contact cleaner and spray it into the
pot...

Could also be the AbsPos board.

Or the SSIO.

Or the power supply.