Golden tee 2003 Upgrade HELP

Does anyone know if the board will take the update CD and chips without
calling in for security code verification?

I have the CD and chips for 2005 but no code- is it vital for upgrade?

How does it work really? I am guessing the cd and chips might be copies
(they were really cheap) I ordered them and have not gotten them yet, I just
want to make sure before I try and install, I would hate to mess up my
legitamate 2003 version. Any info would be great on the process.

Thanks

Terry

You absolutly need the code. Once a CD has been used its useless. I see
GT 03/04/05 CD's and keys sell on eBay all the time by people who know
that they are useless but still sell them hoping that uninformed people
will buy them.

Hey,
Every time I had order an updated, I had to tell ITS the motherboard
serial number (So that CD, and security chip will work only with that
specific game).

http://www.gatorcade.com

Terry Edwards wrote:
> But how does IT know? If it is never connected to a phone line...
>
> It's in my basement for home use, does it need to be "unlocked" via
the call
> in...
>
> And if i nstall the cd can I uninstal it?
>
> Thanks fo ryour help on this...
>
> "Gary Vitagliano" <v-dog@webtv.net> wrote in message
> > You absolutly need the code. Once a CD has been used its useless. I
see
> > GT 03/04/05 CD's and keys sell on eBay all the time by people who
know
> > that they are useless but still sell them hoping that uninformed
people
> > will buy them.

But how does IT know? If it is never connected to a phone line...

It's in my basement for home use, does it need to be "unlocked" via the call
in...

And if i nstall the cd can I uninstal it?

Thanks fo ryour help on this...

"Gary Vitagliano" <v-dog@webtv.net> wrote in message
> You absolutly need the code. Once a CD has been used its useless. I see
> GT 03/04/05 CD's and keys sell on eBay all the time by people who know
> that they are useless but still sell them hoping that uninformed people
> will buy them.

Midway though the upgrade the game calls into IT and you need to enter
the CD serial number to continue the update. Once that number is sent to
IT it cannot be used again.

I think it only over writes the current version once it connects with IT
but Im not sure.