Imapi problem

I've narrowed a cd writing problem down to the fact that my Imapi
Service will not start. I've tried to manually start it, but get the
message:

Could not start the IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service on Local
Computer.
Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

This problem started when I stupidly installed a very old version of CD
Creator and then un-installed it after realizing it wasn't going to
work.

What do I do now?

Help!!!

Newfer
2 answers Last reply
More about imapi problem

    In news:1115072929.943718.178570@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
    Newfer <bonnell_2001@yahoo.com> had this to say:

    > I've narrowed a cd writing problem down to the fact that my Imapi
    > Service will not start. I've tried to manually start it, but get the
    > message:
    >
    > Could not start the IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service on Local
    > Computer.
    > Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
    >
    > This problem started when I stupidly installed a very old version of
    > CD Creator and then un-installed it after realizing it wasn't going to
    > work.
    >
    > What do I do now?
    >
    > Help!!!
    >
    > Newfer

    Well... There's a few options but let's TRY this one first unless someone
    comes along with a better idea. I suppose you COULD extract the IMAPI files
    from the XP installation disk perhaps though I don't know which ones that
    would be. I suppose you could do a repair installation and just lose the
    updates but that's a bit extreme for this. I'm not even certain that this
    could be fixed by extracting stuff from the CD either way so I'd try this.

    Head to this site:

    CD/DVD Burning Tools:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwcdburn.html

    From there grab another tool to burn CDs. Basically you will be looking for
    the larger full sized applications as they're more likely to contain the
    files you'll be needing to burn CDs with as well as any additional ATAPI
    drivers or the like that are needed. DeepBurner or the CDBurnerXP Pro look
    to be about the best two on the page for what you're needing.

    Beyond that, if you right click on the drive in My Computer and select the
    recording tab is burning enabled?

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes
  2. Latest version IMAPI stuff can be downloaded from micro$oft here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932716

    William

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP