Imapi problem

May 2, 2005 7:28:49 PM

I've narrowed a cd writing problem down to the fact that my Imapi
Service will not start. I've tried to manually start it, but get the
message:

Could not start the IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service on Local
Computer.
Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

This problem started when I stupidly installed a very old version of CD
Creator and then un-installed it after realizing it wasn't going to
work.

What do I do now?

Help!!!

Newfer

More about : imapi problem

May 3, 2005 12:04:57 AM

In news:1115072929.943718.178570@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
Newfer <bonnell_2001@yahoo.com> had this to say:

> I've narrowed a cd writing problem down to the fact that my Imapi
> Service will not start. I've tried to manually start it, but get the
> message:
>
> Could not start the IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service on Local
> Computer.
> Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> This problem started when I stupidly installed a very old version of
> CD Creator and then un-installed it after realizing it wasn't going to
> work.
>
> What do I do now?
>
> Help!!!
>
> Newfer

Well... There's a few options but let's TRY this one first unless someone
comes along with a better idea. I suppose you COULD extract the IMAPI files
from the XP installation disk perhaps though I don't know which ones that
would be. I suppose you could do a repair installation and just lose the
updates but that's a bit extreme for this. I'm not even certain that this
could be fixed by extracting stuff from the CD either way so I'd try this.

Head to this site:

CD/DVD Burning Tools:
http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwcdburn.html

From there grab another tool to burn CDs. Basically you will be looking for
the larger full sized applications as they're more likely to contain the
files you'll be needing to burn CDs with as well as any additional ATAPI
drivers or the like that are needed. DeepBurner or the CDBurnerXP Pro look
to be about the best two on the page for what you're needing.

Beyond that, if you right click on the drive in My Computer and select the
recording tab is burning enabled?

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes
!