Champ Manager 5 Demo

Dazza

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2002

Is there going to be one or do we have to wait until Friday to play the
game.

Dazza
--
www.wyerangers.co.uk

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:54:54 -0000, "Dazza"
<darren@NOSPAMeidosnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Is there going to be one or do we have to wait until Friday to play the
>game.

if theres no demo, it can mean but one thing.

they dont want anyone playing it before its on sale.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

"Dazza" <darren@NOSPAMeidosnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> Is there going to be one or do we have to wait until Friday to play the
> game.
>
> Dazza
> --
> www.wyerangers.co.uk

Seems like it leeked today on the net :
Championship_Manager_5-VNGCLONE

But it doesnt seem worth the efford or money buying looking at the
screenshots released, i'll stick to FM2005 - well worth the money !

Stig

"Michael Murray" <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> Dazza wrote:
>> Is there going to be one or do we have to wait until Friday to play
>> the game.
>>
>> Dazza
>
> You can get a feel for the match engine by downloading there flash
> animation for the goal of the afternoon comp they ran:
>
> http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/shownews.php?id=151
>
> http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/files/media/afternoon.zip - 8.7mb
> download.
>
> It doesn't look good.
>

> --
> Michael Murray

I Concur... Reminds me of porntris without the porn...

"Michael Murray" <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Dazza wrote:
>> Is there going to be one or do we have to wait until Friday to play
>> the game.
>>
>> Dazza
>
> You can get a feel for the match engine by downloading there flash
> animation for the goal of the afternoon comp they ran:
>
> http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/shownews.php?id=151
>
> http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/files/media/afternoon.zip - 8.7mb
> download.
>
> It doesn't look good.
>

> --
> Michael Murray

I think the match engine looks pretty good, nice pitch

better than FM2005

however were those goals in slow mo? if not its a bit jerky which means its
not better than fm2005

thats just looks though, have to see if the effort has been put in on
players etc.

Christo wrote:
> "Michael Murray" <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>Dazza wrote:
>>
>>>Is there going to be one or do we have to wait until Friday to play
>>>the game.
>>>
>>>Dazza
>>
>>You can get a feel for the match engine by downloading there flash
>>animation for the goal of the afternoon comp they ran:
>>
>>http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/shownews.php?id=151
>>
>>http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/files/media/afternoon.zip - 8.7mb
>>download.
>>
>>It doesn't look good.
>>

>>--
>>Michael Murray
>

> I think the match engine looks pretty good, nice pitch
>
> better than FM2005
>
> however were those goals in slow mo? if not its a bit jerky which means its
> not better than fm2005
>
> thats just looks though, have to see if the effort has been put in on
> players etc.

I felt it was too hmm edgy?.. too clumpsy or whats the word.. Like it
looked non-smoothed or something.

It was was jerky for me to watch, so I could hardly see the ball.

I like the goals though - the goals in themselves.. the way the net goes
when they score..

For those of you who can afford it, be sure to buy both games.
Competition is only good, and CM (now FM) has been the only serious
footie manager on the market for too long.

Nothing bad said about FM, of course; I love it, and I am really eager
to see if CM5 can deliver.

On 16 Mar 2005 16:48:38 -0800, toreau@gmail.com wrote:

>For those of you who can afford it, be sure to buy both games.
>Competition is only good, and CM (now FM) has been the only serious
>footie manager on the market for too long.
>
>Nothing bad said about FM, of course; I love it, and I am really eager
>to see if CM5 can deliver.

why should we buy it for the sake of competition?

its absolutely shite.

if you thought cm4 was buggy when it was released, just wait until
friday.
--

Mikael Schøler wrote:
> Christo wrote:
>> "Michael Murray" <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
>> message news:39odpsF6487idU1@individual.net...

>>> You can get a feel for the match engine by downloading there flash
>>> animation for the goal of the afternoon comp they ran:
>>>
>>> http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/shownews.php?id=151
>>>
>>> http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/files/media/afternoon.zip -
>>> 8.7mb download.
>>>
>>> It doesn't look good.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Michael Murray
>>

>> I think the match engine looks pretty good, nice pitch
>>
>> better than FM2005
>>
>> however were those goals in slow mo? if not its a bit jerky which
>> means its not better than fm2005
>>
>> thats just looks though, have to see if the effort has been put in on
>> players etc.
>>

> I felt it was too hmm edgy?.. too clumpsy or whats the word.. Like it
> looked non-smoothed or something.
>
> It was was jerky for me to watch, so I could hardly see the ball.
>
> I like the goals though - the goals in themselves.. the way the net
> goes when they score..

I think they have compressed the game down for the flash animation hence the
jerkness (at least I hope :) ).

--
Michael Murray

> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>> Christo wrote:
>>> "Michael Murray" <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
>>> message news:39odpsF6487idU1@individual.net...

>>> I think the match engine looks pretty good, nice pitch
>>>
>>> better than FM2005
>>>
>>> however were those goals in slow mo? if not its a bit jerky which
>>> means its not better than fm2005
>>>
>>> thats just looks though, have to see if the effort has been put in on
>>> players etc.
>>>

>> I felt it was too hmm edgy?.. too clumpsy or whats the word.. Like it
>> looked non-smoothed or something.
>>
>> It was was jerky for me to watch, so I could hardly see the ball.
>>
>> I like the goals though - the goals in themselves.. the way the net
>> goes when they score..
>
> I think they have compressed the game down for the flash animation hence
> the jerkness (at least I hope :) ).
>

> --
> Michael Murray

Should be... Last time I let an DTP-guru design some thingies for an
application it looked sharp, when the ICT-nerd put it in flash - my
application was jerky as Roseanne Barr in her undies

"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
> On 16 Mar 2005 16:48:38 -0800, toreau@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >For those of you who can afford it, be sure to buy both games.
> >Competition is only good, and CM (now FM) has been the only serious
> >footie manager on the market for too long.
> >
> >Nothing bad said about FM, of course; I love it, and I am really eager
> >to see if CM5 can deliver.
>
> why should we buy it for the sake of competition?
>
> its absolutely shite.
>
> if you thought cm4 was buggy when it was released, just wait until
> friday.
> --

haven't tried it yet, but from others' input, it's utter shite, full with
bugs, Drogba scoring 6 goals in one match ...

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:46:33 +0200, "GargoyleBG"
<minkov@haskovo.spnet.net> wrote:

>"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
>> On 16 Mar 2005 16:48:38 -0800, toreau@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >For those of you who can afford it, be sure to buy both games.
>> >Competition is only good, and CM (now FM) has been the only serious
>> >footie manager on the market for too long.
>> >
>> >Nothing bad said about FM, of course; I love it, and I am really eager
>> >to see if CM5 can deliver.
>>
>> why should we buy it for the sake of competition?
>>
>> its absolutely shite.
>>
>> if you thought cm4 was buggy when it was released, just wait until
>> friday.
>> --
>
>haven't tried it yet, but from others' input, it's utter shite, full with
>bugs, Drogba scoring 6 goals in one match ...

it is a travesty of the game.

fair enough, i didnt see any fatal bugs (ie no crashes to desktop)

but the gameplay is so riddled with them, its almost laughable.

mark my words, this game WILL kill eidos.