Why is it so hard to do business with Dell

Last Wednesday I ordered a Dell system through their online ordering system.
The system came to around $2400. During the checkout process I supplied my MC
number. Dell asks if there is a daily limit on the card. Of course, everyone
has a daily limit. Mine was $1500.

Assuming they asked what the limit was I simply figured they would break the
amount up and make two separate withdrawls. Yhey claim they don't access the
funds until they ship your PC. Apparently this is not true as within 3 hours I
received an email advisin me that the credit card comapny rejected
authorization.

I called the bank the next morning and was told Dell attempted to withdraw the
full amount. The failed authorization put my order on hold. So I called the
800 number listed in the email and told there was no problem with busting up
the amounts and doing two separate transactions. The fellow even told me how
much he was withdrawing at that moment and the balance the next day.

After waiting until Saturday and seeing no change in order status and no
activity in my bank account I called Dell to see what the problem was.

I was passed around to at least three people. None of them seemed to
understand what my problem was or how it could be rectified. Finally I got
ahold of one lady who understood, said there was no problem however she needed
to transfer me to another person. After 30 minutes of being on hold I
cancelled my order.

I then received an email from Dell asking me to reconsider and sine I was such
an esteemed customer they would provide me with a $90 coupon to use if I
reordered. They asured me this problem would be rectified if I reordered.

And so I did. ANd the same problem has occurred. I've tried all day to
straighten this simple matter out and no one at Dell has the intelligence to
handle this simple transaction.

Dell is a hi-tech company building hi-tech computers but can not handle a
lo-tech transaction? LOL!

The customer service I have received from Dell over the past few days is the
worst I have ever encountered. It's almost laughable. So screw Dell. I've
just cancelled the second order and tomorrow I'll head down to the store, buy a
case, a power supply a motherboard and all the extras and build my own.

I'll probably be better off anyway.
117 answers Last reply
More about hard business dell

    Consider yourself lucky. I had an order get into a weird status and it took
    me over 20 hours on the phone speaking to I don't know how many people in
    various depts. only to be told nobody could fix the problem because nobody
    had access to all of the information. Seems it required a conference call
    between 2-3 people in various depts. to get it cleared. Your situation
    seems like a scenario they should deal with many times a day. Sounds like
    sheer incompetence on their part.

    "Art Vandolay" <av@linuxmail.org> wrote in message
    > Last Wednesday I ordered a Dell system through their online ordering
    system.
    > The system came to around $2400. During the checkout process I supplied
    my MC
    > number. Dell asks if there is a daily limit on the card. Of course,
    everyone
    > has a daily limit. Mine was $1500.
    >
    > Assuming they asked what the limit was I simply figured they would break
    the
    > amount up and make two separate withdrawls. Yhey claim they don't access
    the
    > funds until they ship your PC. Apparently this is not true as within 3
    hours I
    > received an email advisin me that the credit card comapny rejected
    > authorization.
    >
    > I called the bank the next morning and was told Dell attempted to withdraw
    the
    > full amount. The failed authorization put my order on hold. So I called
    the
    > 800 number listed in the email and told there was no problem with busting
    up
    > the amounts and doing two separate transactions. The fellow even told me
    how
    > much he was withdrawing at that moment and the balance the next day.
    >
    > After waiting until Saturday and seeing no change in order status and no
    > activity in my bank account I called Dell to see what the problem was.
    >
    > I was passed around to at least three people. None of them seemed to
    > understand what my problem was or how it could be rectified. Finally I
    got
    > ahold of one lady who understood, said there was no problem however she
    needed
    > to transfer me to another person. After 30 minutes of being on hold I
    > cancelled my order.
    >
    > I then received an email from Dell asking me to reconsider and sine I was
    such
    > an esteemed customer they would provide me with a $90 coupon to use if I
    > reordered. They asured me this problem would be rectified if I reordered.
    >
    > And so I did. ANd the same problem has occurred. I've tried all day to
    > straighten this simple matter out and no one at Dell has the intelligence
    > handle this simple transaction.
    >
    > Dell is a hi-tech company building hi-tech computers but can not handle a
    > lo-tech transaction? LOL!
    >
    > The customer service I have received from Dell over the past few days is
    the
    > worst I have ever encountered. It's almost laughable. So screw Dell.
    I've
    > just cancelled the second order and tomorrow I'll head down to the store,
    buy a
    > case, a power supply a motherboard and all the extras and build my own.
    >
    > I'll probably be better off anyway.

    I know people who charge automobiles on their cards, it is your fault for
    having the limit.

    BigJim wrote:

    >I know people who charge automobiles on their cards, it is your fault for
    >having the limit.

    Note also that requesting authorization for payment is not the same as
    charging the account.

    >"Art Vandolay" <av@linuxmail.org> wrote in message
    >

    >>Last Wednesday I ordered a Dell system through their online ordering
    >>system.
    >>The system came to around $2400. During the checkout process I supplied
    >>my MC
    >>number. Dell asks if there is a daily limit on the card. Of course,
    >>everyone
    >>has a daily limit. Mine was $1500.
    >>
    >>Assuming they asked what the limit was I simply figured they would break
    >>the
    >>amount up and make two separate withdrawls. Yhey claim they don't access
    >>the
    >>funds until they ship your PC. Apparently this is not true as within 3
    >>hours I
    >>received an email advisin me that the credit card comapny rejected
    >>authorization.
    >>
    >>I called the bank the next morning and was told Dell attempted to withdraw
    >>the
    >>full amount. The failed authorization put my order on hold. So I called
    >>the
    >>800 number listed in the email and told there was no problem with busting
    >>up
    >>the amounts and doing two separate transactions. The fellow even told me
    >>how
    >>much he was withdrawing at that moment and the balance the next day.
    >>
    >>After waiting until Saturday and seeing no change in order status and no
    >>activity in my bank account I called Dell to see what the problem was.
    >>
    >>I was passed around to at least three people. None of them seemed to
    >>understand what my problem was or how it could be rectified. Finally I
    >>got
    >>ahold of one lady who understood, said there was no problem however she
    >>needed
    >>to transfer me to another person. After 30 minutes of being on hold I
    >>cancelled my order.
    >>
    >>I then received an email from Dell asking me to reconsider and sine I was
    >>such
    >>an esteemed customer they would provide me with a $90 coupon to use if I
    >>reordered. They asured me this problem would be rectified if I reordered.
    >>
    >>And so I did. ANd the same problem has occurred. I've tried all day to
    >>straighten this simple matter out and no one at Dell has the intelligence
    >>handle this simple transaction.
    >>
    >>Dell is a hi-tech company building hi-tech computers but can not handle a
    >>lo-tech transaction? LOL!
    >>
    >>The customer service I have received from Dell over the past few days is
    >>the
    >>worst I have ever encountered. It's almost laughable. So screw Dell.
    >>I've
    >>just cancelled the second order and tomorrow I'll head down to the store,
    >>buy a
    >>case, a power supply a motherboard and all the extras and build my own.
    >>
    >>I'll probably be better off anyway.

    I have never heard of a daily limit on a Master Card. I have no daily
    limits on any of the cards I hold.

    Regards,

    Jerry Seinfeld.

    "Art Vandolay" <av@linuxmail.org> wrote in message
    > Last Wednesday I ordered a Dell system through their online ordering
    > system.
    > The system came to around $2400. During the checkout process I supplied
    > my MC
    > number. Dell asks if there is a daily limit on the card. Of course,
    > everyone
    > has a daily limit. Mine was $1500.

    The Dell online form was probably asking about this situation.
    If you have placed a "fraud alert" on your card, the CC company will place a
    dollar limit on the cards daily usage. If any attempt is made to exceed that
    amount, you will have to contact them in person before it is approved. This
    will also apply to any large single purchase.

    In article <I6fSd.8621$0v5.3300@fe07.lga>, zipitydudu@zipitydada.com says...

    >Consider yourself lucky. I had an order get into a weird status and it took
    >me over 20 hours on the phone speaking to I don't know how many people in
    >various depts. only to be told nobody could fix the problem because nobody
    >had access to all of the information. Seems it required a conference call
    >between 2-3 people in various depts. to get it cleared. Your situation
    >seems like a scenario they should deal with many times a day. Sounds like
    >sheer incompetence on their part.

    Yes, same problem, no one knows anything. You are transferred from one person
    to the other. If their CS reps have to deviate from their prepared
    scripts....it's a major glitch.

    Well so much for their hi-tech online ordering system. As I previosuly stated
    when submitting the order and utilizing a bank or debit card they
    specifically ask if there is a daily limit on the account. Why certainly,
    everyone has a daily limit. One would assume they ask this in order to split
    the purchase price up and submit more than one withdrawl.

    Apparently it is supposed to be done but the option isn't working. After
    several hours and emails trying to straighten this matter out I got ahold of a
    young lady this morning who straighted the entire matter out in less than a
    minute and deducted 1/3 this morning and a 1/3 the next two days.

    I explained the problem came from their online ordering. She advised me several
    people had encountered this problem and apparently the option didn't work when
    ordering. As you say, this probably happens to everyone who uses online
    ordering. Yet they want you to contact the bank and straighen the matter out.
    My bank won't raise limits over the phone you have to go to the branch and wait
    to see a CS rep and that usually takes an hour or more. I wasn't about to do
    it.

    Seems Dell is creating much extra work and frustration for nothing.

    Really it was quite a laughable situation over a very simple matter.

    In article <D-edncbpBPIOD4TfRVn-qA@comcast.com>, woody10277@hotmail.com says...

    >I know people who charge automobiles on their cards, it is your fault for
    >having the limit.

    Hey moron, I have excellent credit and thousands in the bank. The bank set the
    default limit when I opened the account. I very rarelyt use the debit card,
    this is only maybe the 20th time in over a year with this bank.

    I don't use credit cards, ever. I pay cash and haven't had to use a credit
    card in over 15 years. It was a debit card. Do you understand the difference?

    The default limit is placed in order to protect one from theft and limit
    liability. Since the money is in the account there was no problem on my end.

    Obviously you do not understand the option Dell provides on it's online
    ordering. Turns out it's there for exactly the reason I stated, but apparently
    it does not work. Go figure. Some hi-tech company. LOL!

    Now go out and charge a meal at Burger King on your card and STFU.

    no credit card means bad credit that is why people don't use them.
    You sound like a person who blames everyone else for your short comings.
    A real pain in the ass.

    In article <9KiSd.54951$iC4.12510@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>,
    nospam@hotmail.com says...

    >I have never heard of a daily limit on a Master Card. I have no daily
    >limits on any of the cards I hold.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Jerry Seinfeld.
    >
    >"Art Vandolay" <av@linuxmail.org> wrote in message
    >> Last Wednesday I ordered a Dell system through their online ordering
    >> system.
    >> The system came to around $2400. During the checkout process I supplied
    >> my MC
    >> number. Dell asks if there is a daily limit on the card. Of course,
    >> everyone
    >> has a daily limit. Mine was $1500.

    BWAHAHA you have a limit! It's just higher then mine. Giddy-uP!

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:29:25 GMT, "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I have never heard of a daily limit on a Master Card. I have no daily
    >limits on any of the cards I hold.

    Turns out the OP was using a Debit Card of all things!
    --
    Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

    In article <XTsSd.12858$fz6.7314@fe03.lga>, girlsrule@hotmail.com says...

    >The Dell online form was probably asking about this situation.
    >If you have placed a "fraud alert" on your card, the CC company will place a
    >dollar limit on the cards daily usage. If any attempt is made to exceed that
    >amount, you will have to contact them in person before it is approved. This
    >will also apply to any large single purchase.

    No maam, was told it was specifically there so they could break the charges up
    and bill in separtate transactions. I was also told it isn't working
    properly, there was a problem with it.

    >"WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I have never heard of a daily limit on a Master Card. I have no daily
    >> limits on any of the cards I hold.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Jerry Seinfeld.
    >>
    >> "Art Vandolay" <av@linuxmail.org> wrote in message
    >> > Last Wednesday I ordered a Dell system through their online ordering
    >> > system.
    >> > The system came to around $2400. During the checkout process I
    >supplied
    >> > my MC
    >> > number. Dell asks if there is a daily limit on the card. Of course,
    >> > everyone
    >> > has a daily limit. Mine was $1500.

    Interesting, we have ordered 3 computers on line, all paid via MasterCard,
    all over $1500, and never experienced any thing like that.
    Must be something new at Dell. Our last order was nearly two years ago,
    though.

    BigJIm wrote:
    > no credit card means bad credit that is why people don't use them.
    > You sound like a person who blames everyone else for your short comings.

    Excuse me? I have an excellent credit rating, and I refuse to use credit
    cards simply because of the business practices of the credit card
    companies and issuing banks. Plus, I refuse to go into debt to buy
    anything I can pay cash for.

    You, sir, can kiss my hairy white ass.

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:12:26 -0800, Irene wrote:

    > Interesting, we have ordered 3 computers on line, all paid via MasterCard,
    > all over $1500, and never experienced any thing like that.
    > Must be something new at Dell. Our last order was nearly two years ago,
    > though.

    I ordered more than $30,000 in computers on my Amex a couple months ago
    and didn't have any problems.

    I ordered more than $12,000 of a few computers last month and didn't have
    any problem - I've never experienced a "daily" limit on any of my cards,
    not even the debit cards.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Like I said neither had we.

    We even made a very large down payment on a car using our MasterCard. No
    problem at all.

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:22:46 -0800, Irene wrote:

    > Like I said neither had we.

    I was just backing up your statement with my experience too.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Yes, I understood that.

    In article <G%tSd.12876$Py7.10447@fe03.lga>, girlsrule@hotmail.com says...

    >Interesting, we have ordered 3 computers on line, all paid via MasterCard,
    >all over $1500, and never experienced any thing like that.
    >Must be something new at Dell. Our last order was nearly two years ago,
    >though.

    I've explained it all yet no one gets it. The problem is with their online
    ordering and the option which one selcts a daily limit. This is to trigger
    their billing department into breaking the transaction into amounts under the
    daily limit and ,alking an additional withdrawl. The CS rep told me many
    people were having this problem and the function appeared not to be working.

    So for a hi-tech company why such a lo-tech problem which causes unneccesary
    delay for the consumer? Seems to me they would rectify the situation and avoid
    the calls to their CS dept. This was my entire point. A business, especially
    one selling expensive merchandise should do everything in their power to avoid
    any problems to the consumer and make online ordering hassle free.

    That's all I have to say about it.

    Why on earth did you check the box that indicated you had a $1500 limit.
    Common sense should have told you that it would do nothing but cause
    problems.
    If you had left it blank and the charge went through, that would have been
    the end of it. If the Charge didn't go through, I am quite sure Dell would
    have contacted you.

    > In article <G%tSd.12876$Py7.10447@fe03.lga>, girlsrule@hotmail.com says...
    >>

    >>Interesting, we have ordered 3 computers on line, all paid via MasterCard,
    >>all over $1500, and never experienced any thing like that.
    >>Must be something new at Dell. Our last order was nearly two years ago,
    >>though.
    >>

    > I've explained it all yet no one gets it. The problem is with their
    > online
    > ordering and the option which one selcts a daily limit. This is to
    > trigger
    > their billing department into breaking the transaction into amounts under
    > the
    > daily limit and ,alking an additional withdrawl. The CS rep told me many
    > people were having this problem and the function appeared not to be
    > working.
    >
    > So for a hi-tech company why such a lo-tech problem which causes
    > unneccesary
    > delay for the consumer? Seems to me they would rectify the situation and
    > avoid
    > the calls to their CS dept. This was my entire point. A business,
    > especially
    > one selling expensive merchandise should do everything in their power to
    > avoid
    > any problems to the consumer and make online ordering hassle free.
    >

    > That's all I have to say about it.

    In article <PHtSd.1326$Sd.350256@newshog.newsread.com>, mjhuffma@pro-ns.net
    says...

    >BigJIm wrote:
    >> no credit card means bad credit that is why people don't use them.
    >> You sound like a person who blames everyone else for your short comings.
    >

    >Excuse me? I have an excellent credit rating, and I refuse to use credit
    >cards simply because of the business practices of the credit card
    >companies and issuing banks. Plus, I refuse to go into debt to buy
    >anything I can pay cash for.
    >
    >You, sir, can kiss my hairy white ass.

    LOL. Exactly my reasons. All my friends are in hock up to their eyeballs and
    barely living from paycheck to paycheck and a layoff away from losing it all.
    One is about to lose his home over $2300 debt to a credit card company.

    I'm very comfortable with the fact I chucked them all in 1989 and went strictly
    to cash and debit cards and not one of the monthly slaves to high interest
    rates. But then again, I never really used them that much anyway except for
    when I was on business trips and reimbursed within a few days by my employer.

    Obviously you do not understand the problem. Of course the sale would have
    been stopped due to the daily limit.

    Again, some common sense very slowly so that you can understand it, the option
    exists precisely for the reason that Dell then splits the mount up into
    increments smaller then the limit and makes more then one withdrawl on two
    different business days.

    Dell did contact me with an email. It took 4 days to get ahold of a cs rep who
    could manually do what theur option at online ordering does, break the sale up
    into smaller amounts, somethign the option at online ordering is supposed to do
    or notify them to do.

    Obviously you do not understand the situation.

    In article <6QASd.18904$Xw2.12108@fe06.lga>, girlsrule@hotmail.com says...

    > Obviously you do not understand the problem. Of course the sale would
    > have
    > been stopped due to the daily limit.

    Obviously, I do understand the problem. IF you hadn't checked the box, Dell
    may have or may not have stopped the order. It would depend on whether or
    not your bank approved the charge. My bank calls me if they question a
    charge and your bank should be doing the same thing. If they don't, I would
    change banks so fast they wouldn't know what had happened.
    I assume they are not "the only game in town".

    In article <ZtKSd.13683$fg.6391@fe07.lga>, girlsrule@hotmail.com says...

    >"Linebacker" <linebacker@nolinuxmail.org> wrote in message
    >
    >> Obviously you do not understand the problem. Of course the sale would
    >> have
    >> been stopped due to the daily limit.
    >

    >Obviously, I do understand the problem. IF you hadn't checked the box, Dell
    >may have or may not have stopped the order. It would depend on whether or
    >not your bank approved the charge. My bank calls me if they question a
    >charge and your bank should be doing the same thing. If they don't, I would
    >change banks so fast they wouldn't know what had happened.
    >I assume they are not "the only game in town".

    ROFLMAO! "If you hadn't checked the box" LOL! Again you have no understanding
    of Dell's online ordering process nor the ability to understand why the dialog
    box is present and what it's purpose is even though it's been thoroughly
    explained several times.

    It's not a matter of the bank doing something with regard to the order. The
    bank is irrelvant. The bank should have to do nothing if you understand and can
    follow the reasoning why dell has the daily limit dialog box. It's dell who
    processes and submits the order. They simply did not do it in the manner the
    online ordering system prescribes. Dell even acknowledges it is not
    functioning correctly. The order was screwed up, not once but twice.

    So there you have it, you'll just have to accept the facts as Dell CS reps
    state. You simply have the inability to understand dell's online ordering
    system and the functions. If one calls in the order by phone, the CS rep
    processed the order precisely as I have previously stated, they break the
    freaking charges up into smaller amounts and process in separate transactions
    so the daily limit is not triggered. This is what the the options box on
    online ordering is for, it does the same thing. Get it now?

    I gave up and have now obtained a case, a power supply, a motherboard, memory,
    hard drives, dvd and cd drives, sound and video cards, an LCD monitor and
    decided to simply build my own tonight rather then deal with dell or this topic
    any further.

    This is absolutely funny. I've learned one thing not only are there some
    morons at Dell but there are some real lew-lews on the net.

    Let me guess this straight. You, apparently, have ordered one computer using
    the online order page and had it mess up.
    You have a $1500 daily limitation on your card that is causing you and Dell
    problems but you can't correct it with your bank. No one else in this group
    has been tied up with a $1500 daily limit on their bank cards. Our bank is
    very cooperative with us and Dell, causing neither of us any problems.
    We have ordered three computers using the online order page and not had any
    problems.

    But you're the expert.

    Linebacker wrote:

    > In article <PHtSd.1326$Sd.350256@newshog.newsread.com>, mjhuffma@pro-ns.net
    > says...
    >
    >>BigJIm wrote:
    >>
    >>>no credit card means bad credit that is why people don't use them.
    >>>You sound like a person who blames everyone else for your short comings.
    >>
    >>Excuse me? I have an excellent credit rating, and I refuse to use credit
    >>cards simply because of the business practices of the credit card
    >>companies and issuing banks. Plus, I refuse to go into debt to buy
    >>anything I can pay cash for.
    >>
    >>You, sir, can kiss my hairy white ass.
    >
    > LOL. Exactly my reasons. All my friends are in hock up to their eyeballs and
    > barely living from paycheck to paycheck and a layoff away from losing it all.
    > One is about to lose his home over $2300 debt to a credit card company.

    I have (note I didn't say carry) a couple of credit cards and I pay the
    full balance whenever I have charges. Can't remember when I paid a
    nickel in CC finance charges. At worst I'm in debt up to my ankles, plus
    I'm retired, so no job to lose.

    To sum up, it's not whether or not one has one or more credit cards,
    it's how he uses them. Having a CC does not compel one to charge up to
    his limit and pay the minimum balance every month, that's just stupid,
    not to mention financial suicide. Of course, not having a CC is no
    guarantee of being solvent. My CR report shows that I carry 2% of my
    combined CR limit - which is a plus when it comes to calculating one's
    CR score (important if one plans to apply for a mortgage).

    Paying cash for a car is a good rule of thumb, but it pays to run the
    numbers for each situation. E.g., I bought a new Honda in 2003 and had
    intended to write a check for it. However, I researched the interest
    rates on new car loans at the time and saw that I could finance the car
    thru Honda Finance for 3.64% and I was making about 3 times that in my
    Vanguard account, so I borrowed some $$$ from Honda & let them finance
    my car.

    Naturally, I have a DB card along with my checking account. The daily
    limit for cash withdrawals is $500. I have no idea if there is a limit
    to DB card *purchases* other than the balance in my account. I have
    never heard of a limit on DB card purchases as described.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Giovanni Azua wrote:

    > Hi Vandolay,
    >
    > Last month I ordered a Precision 670 worth over $5000USD and because
    > of their mistake (they added an additional 20'' FP for free) they
    > put my order on-hold for more than one moth with my card already
    > charged from the first day. I had been through their customer
    > no-care madness for a month with my order cancelled and restarted
    > 3 times!

    Are you sure Dell *charged* your account vs. getting authorization? An
    authorization will reduce your CR available but doesn't show up as a
    charge until later, i.e., no interest charges until after it posts
    (depends, of course, on the terms of your account).
  27. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Linebacker wrote:

    > In article <9KiSd.54951$iC4.12510@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>,
    > nospam@hotmail.com says...
    >

    >>I have never heard of a daily limit on a Master Card. I have no daily
    >>limits on any of the cards I hold.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>Jerry Seinfeld.
    >>
    >>"Art Vandolay" <av@linuxmail.org> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Last Wednesday I ordered a Dell system through their online ordering
    >>>system.
    >>>The system came to around $2400. During the checkout process I supplied
    >>>my MC
    >>>number. Dell asks if there is a daily limit on the card. Of course,
    >>>everyone
    >>>has a daily limit. Mine was $1500.
    >
    > BWAHAHA you have a limit! It's just higher then mine. Giddy-uP!

    Really? Unless you can substantiate that claim, you're just a HateDellbot.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > As I said, I think that I am beginning to understand the REAL
    > problem.

    Oh, most of us knew all along!! ;-)

    Tom J
  29. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    I TRIED to give him the benefit of the doubt. But this guy is intent on
    proving that he is the problem.

    "Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote in message

    > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> As I said, I think that I am beginning to understand the REAL problem.
    >
    > Oh, most of us knew all along!! ;-)
    >
    > Tom J

  30. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    >I TRIED to give him the benefit of the doubt. But this guy is intent on
    >proving that he is the problem.

    I'm surprised to see you post as much. There are legitmate gripes and then
    there are people who mess things up and then want to avoid any
    responsibility in the matter.

    This type of post (from the OP) isn't new.

    Stew
  31. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Hi Linebacker,

    "Linebacker" wrote in message
    > Obviously you do not understand the problem. Of course the
    > sale would have been stopped due to the daily limit.

    It is very simple, if they were able to understand
    your problem they would not be working for DELL as
    Dellbots right now, but doing something smarter.

    I was thinking about writing some kind of article
    "Guide to deal with Dell without putting your mental health
    at risk" probably writing an extensive review would be
    also good.

    Best Regards,
    Giovanni

    PS: Good luck building your system. I would do the same
    if I could.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    As I said, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

    > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I TRIED to give him the benefit of the doubt. But this guy is intent on
    >>proving that he is the problem.
    >>

    > I'm surprised to see you post as much. There are legitmate gripes and
    > then there are people who mess things up and then want to avoid any
    > responsibility in the matter.
    >
    > This type of post (from the OP) isn't new.
    >

    > Stew

  33. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Sparky" <nemo@moon.sun.edu> wrote in message
    > I have never heard of a limit on DB card purchases as described.

    Frankly, I doubt that anyone else has either.
    Not to mention a bank that refuses to do business over the phone.

    My husband and I got our first bank card from Bank of America, the year they
    began issuing them(I believe B of A was the first bank to use bank cards).
    That was more than 40 years ago. We have never had a purchase rejected
    because the bank refused to honor the charge or debit. We have been called
    by the bank to verify a particular transaction, but nothing beyond that.
    When needed for a one time large purchase, we have had no problem getting it
    authorized by a simple phone call, in advance of the purchase, to the bank
    involved. All things considered, I think what happened is that he messed up
    and rather than admitting it, he is looking for a scapegoat.

    The only reasons that I can think of for a bank to put such restrictions on
    a person's account, including that they come into the bank in person, would
    be a fraud alert or identity theft situation, a lack of credit history, or a
    poor credit history.

    "Sparky" <nemo@moon.sun.edu> wrote in message
    > Linebacker wrote:
    >
    >> In article <PHtSd.1326$Sd.350256@newshog.newsread.com>,
    >> mjhuffma@pro-ns.net says...

    >>>Excuse me? I have an excellent credit rating, and I refuse to use credit
    >>>cards simply because of the business practices of the credit card
    >>>companies and issuing banks. Plus, I refuse to go into debt to buy
    >>>anything I can pay cash for.
    >>>
    >>>You, sir, can kiss my hairy white ass.
    >>
    >> LOL. Exactly my reasons. All my friends are in hock up to their
    >> eyeballs and barely living from paycheck to paycheck and a layoff away
    >> from losing it all.
    >> One is about to lose his home over $2300 debt to a credit card company.
    >
    > I have (note I didn't say carry) a couple of credit cards and I pay the
    > full balance whenever I have charges. Can't remember when I paid a nickel
    > in CC finance charges. At worst I'm in debt up to my ankles, plus I'm
    > retired, so no job to lose.
    >
    > To sum up, it's not whether or not one has one or more credit cards, it's
    > how he uses them. Having a CC does not compel one to charge up to his
    > limit and pay the minimum balance every month, that's just stupid, not to
    > mention financial suicide. Of course, not having a CC is no guarantee of
    > being solvent. My CR report shows that I carry 2% of my combined CR
    > limit - which is a plus when it comes to calculating one's CR score
    > (important if one plans to apply for a mortgage).
    >
    > Paying cash for a car is a good rule of thumb, but it pays to run the
    > numbers for each situation. E.g., I bought a new Honda in 2003 and had
    > intended to write a check for it. However, I researched the interest rates
    > on new car loans at the time and saw that I could finance the car thru
    > Honda Finance for 3.64% and I was making about 3 times that in my Vanguard
    > account, so I borrowed some $$$ from Honda & let them finance my car.
    >
    > Naturally, I have a DB card along with my checking account. The daily
    > limit for cash withdrawals is $500. I have no idea if there is a limit to
    > DB card *purchases* other than the balance in my account. I have never
    > heard of a limit on DB card purchases as described.
  34. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Kind of OT, but what the hell...

    I remember my first credit card... I was in college and my limit
    was something like $1000. After a year of not using the card, AT
    ALL, I received a letter from the bank, telling me that because
    I was such a good customer, and never had any delinquent payments
    (Mind you, I never had ANY payments!), they were raising my limit
    to $5000.

    Unless you've done something terribly wrong, BANKS WANT TO LOAN
    YOU MONEY!!!

    Notan

    Irene wrote:

    > Frankly, I doubt that anyone else has either.
    > Not to mention a bank that refuses to do business over the phone.
    >
    > My husband and I got our first bank card from Bank of America, the year they
    > began issuing them(I believe B of A was the first bank to use bank cards).
    > That was more than 40 years ago. We have never had a purchase rejected
    > because the bank refused to honor the charge or debit. We have been called
    > by the bank to verify a particular transaction, but nothing beyond that.
    > When needed for a one time large purchase, we have had no problem getting it
    > authorized by a simple phone call, in advance of the purchase, to the bank
    > involved. All things considered, I think what happened is that he messed up
    > and rather than admitting it, he is looking for a scapegoat.
    >
    > The only reasons that I can think of for a bank to put such restrictions on
    > a person's account, including that they come into the bank in person, would
    > be a fraud alert or identity theft situation, a lack of credit history, or a
    > poor credit history.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    I don't know how long ago that was, but way back when, when I was just out
    of my teens, banks were a little more careful than today. Today, I can't
    imagine someone having problems unless they have a bad credit history and
    even then I have seen advertisements for credit cards for people who have
    bad credit.
    That is one of the reasons that the fees and interest rates are so high.

    > Kind of OT, but what the hell...
    >
    > I remember my first credit card... I was in college and my limit
    > was something like $1000. After a year of not using the card, AT
    > ALL, I received a letter from the bank, telling me that because
    > I was such a good customer, and never had any delinquent payments
    > (Mind you, I never had ANY payments!), they were raising my limit
    > to $5000.
    >
    > Unless you've done something terribly wrong, BANKS WANT TO LOAN
    > YOU MONEY!!!
    >
    > Notan
    >
    > Irene wrote:
    >>
    >> Frankly, I doubt that anyone else has either.
    >> Not to mention a bank that refuses to do business over the phone.
    >>
    >> My husband and I got our first bank card from Bank of America, the year
    >> they
    >> began issuing them(I believe B of A was the first bank to use bank
    >> cards).
    >> That was more than 40 years ago. We have never had a purchase rejected
    >> because the bank refused to honor the charge or debit. We have been
    >> called
    >> by the bank to verify a particular transaction, but nothing beyond that.
    >> When needed for a one time large purchase, we have had no problem getting
    >> it
    >> authorized by a simple phone call, in advance of the purchase, to the
    >> bank
    >> involved. All things considered, I think what happened is that he messed
    >> up
    >> and rather than admitting it, he is looking for a scapegoat.
    >>
    >> The only reasons that I can think of for a bank to put such restrictions
    >> on
    >> a person's account, including that they come into the bank in person,
    >> would
    >> be a fraud alert or identity theft situation, a lack of credit history,
    >> or a
    >> poor credit history.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Irene wrote:
    > "smh" wrote:
    >
    > Please read Linebacker's earlier posts near the beginning of this
    > thread.
    >
    > I have read all his posts.

    What I gather from the following are these:

    1. Dell asked about the limit, but there's no explicit instructions to
    raise the limit when the limit is not sufficient.

    2. Dell expected Linebaker to raise the limit while Linebacker assumed
    Dell would split the charges.

    (Note: There's some discrepancy on how the charges were split. That
    might have been caused by more than one Dell's botched charge split.)

    ------------------------------
    As I previosuly stated
    when submitting the order and utilizing a bank or debit card they
    specifically ask if there is a daily limit on the account. Why
    certainly,
    everyone has a daily limit. One would assume they ask this in order to
    split
    the purchase price up and submit more than one withdrawl.

    Apparently it is supposed to be done but the option isn't working.
    After
    several hours and emails trying to straighten this matter out I got
    ahold of a
    young lady this morning who straighted the entire matter out in less
    than a
    minute and deducted 1/3 this morning and a 1/3 the next two days.

    ------------------------------
    The fact is Dell gives you
    the option of picking the daily limit for the reason I outlined. Was
    told this
    morning it does not function properly and they are encountering this
    problem
    with many people. It;s not a matter of one not having good credit, it's
    matter of a faulty ordering system.

    Since dell inquires about the limit at the time of the order and amount
    their
    option was offered so they could do just as I stated, break the purchase
    price
    up into separate withdrawls.

    within one minute the matter was straighened out when I got lucky and
    found
    someone at Dell who knwew what the hell they were doing. The deducted a
    portion
    of the sale from my account i seconds, the remainder tomorrow.

    ------------------------------
    It took four days, several emails and calls to clear up a very simple
    matter that a lady who was helpful and knowlegeable this morning cleared
    up in
    60 seconds and acknowledged there was a problem with their online
    ordering. The
    problem was never on my end.

    ------------------------------
    Fortunately I reached the correct person this morning who was probably
    no more
    then a CS rep who recognized the problem from other buyers and rectified
    it
    immediately and who acknowleged the problem was a glitch in their online
    ordering where they specifically inquire about daily limits on credit or
    debit
    cards and the ammount it is set at. Apparently this is so they may
    break the
    withdrawls into smaller increments and withdraw over a couple days to
    avoid
    this type of problem.

    ------------------------------
  37. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Irene wrote:
    > "smh" wrote:
    >
    > Please read Linebacker's earlier posts near the beginning of this
    > thread.
    >
    > I have read all his posts.

    What I gather from the following are these:

    1. Dell asked about the limit, but there's no explicit instructions to
    raise the limit when the limit is not sufficient.

    2. Dell expected Linebaker to raise the limit while Linebacker assumed
    Dell would split the charges.

    (Note: There's some discrepancy on how the charges were split. That
    might have been caused by more than one Dell's botched charge split.)

    ------------------------------
    As I previosuly stated when submitting the order and utilizing a bank or
    debit card they specifically ask if there is a daily limit on the
    account. Why certainly, everyone has a daily limit. One would assume
    they ask this in order to split the purchase price up and submit more
    than one withdrawl.

    Apparently it is supposed to be done but the option isn't working. After
    several hours and emails trying to straighten this matter out I got
    ahold of a young lady this morning who straighted the entire matter out
    in less than a minute and deducted 1/3 this morning and a 1/3 the next
    two days.

    ------------------------------
    The fact is Dell gives you the option of picking the daily limit for the
    reason I outlined. Was told this morning it does not function properly
    and they are encountering this problem with many people. It;s not a
    matter of one not having good credit, it's a matter of a faulty ordering
[...]

  38. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > oops, typo. That should have been $1500 not $1599

    OK, I snipped a lot, but I was lazy.

    While I do agree, Irene, that the $1500 limit caused a problem, we should
    not ignore that the magic little check box should have worked.

    That said, the way I have always read the checkbox was that it let you enter
    TWO cards on which to split the charge NOT that it allows a single card to
    be split over two days.

    OK, wait, I actually went as far as to add a machine to my cart.

    There is a CHECKBOX to choose TWO cards.

    There is a DROPDOWN to choose what your Debit card limit is.

    So, we'll assume the original poster didn't remember what he did, and Dell
    screwed up.

    I believe they likely did. There's been a lot of abuse towards the Original
    poster, but Dell likely did screw up.

    The abuse comes from the BAD attitude expressed here.

    It has to be bad for Irene to be on Dell's side :)

    Tom
  39. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    we should
    > not ignore that the magic little check box should have worked.

    I agree and I said that I agree with Linebaker that Dell is responsible for
    fixing the bugs in their web sites, including that one. I am also of the
    opinion that they are very slow to do so.
    Witness the order tracking web page.

    What I fail to understand is why, knowing he had a self imposed $1500 daily
    limit on his card, didn't he raise the limit before placing the order,
    instead of days afterward. I believe that would have successfully avoided
    the problem, all together.
    I have always avoided the problems that he experienced by making sure that
    the limits of my card were sufficient to cover the purchase(s) that I
    planned on making. Not just with Dell, with whom we successfully order three
    very expensive computers using their online order web page, but with all
    merchants.
    Or am I wrong and have I just been lucky in never having a purchase put on
    hold, or split.

    > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> oops, typo. That should have been $1500 not $1599
    >>

    > OK, I snipped a lot, but I was lazy.
    >
    > While I do agree, Irene, that the $1500 limit caused a problem, we should
    > not ignore that the magic little check box should have worked.
    >
    > That said, the way I have always read the checkbox was that it let you
    > enter TWO cards on which to split the charge NOT that it allows a single
    > card to be split over two days.
    >
    > OK, wait, I actually went as far as to add a machine to my cart.
    >
    > There is a CHECKBOX to choose TWO cards.
    >
    > There is a DROPDOWN to choose what your Debit card limit is.
    >
    > So, we'll assume the original poster didn't remember what he did, and Dell
    > screwed up.
    >
    > I believe they likely did. There's been a lot of abuse towards the
    > Original poster, but Dell likely did screw up.
    >
    > The abuse comes from the BAD attitude expressed here.
    >
    > It has to be bad for Irene to be on Dell's side :)
    >

    > Tom

  40. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    He made several assumptions and we all know the "daffynition" of "assume".

    As you say, he assumed that Dell would split the charge.

    He also assumed that everyone has a daily limit(not so)

    He assumed that Dell and his bank would cooperate to correct the error he
    made in assuming the two above assumptions.

    At some point the individual has to except some responsibility for his
    finances. He should have ensured that his limits(daily and otherwise) were
    sufficiently high to make the planned purchase. He did not. Then, after the
    fact, and after repeatedly denying that the limit he placed on the card
    himself was the root cause of the problem, he went into the bank and raised
    the limit.
    By then it was too late.
    Go Figure.

    BTW, that in way excuses Dell for not fixing their on line order web page.

    "smh" <smhong@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    > matter that a lady who was helpful and knowlegeable this morning cleared
    > up in
    > 60 seconds and acknowledged there was a problem with their online
    > ordering. The
    > problem was never on my end.
    >
    > ------------------------------
    > Fortunately I reached the correct person this morning who was probably
    > no more
    > then a CS rep who recognized the problem from other buyers and rectified
    > it
    > immediately and who acknowleged the problem was a glitch in their online
    > ordering where they specifically inquire about daily limits on credit or
    > debit
    > cards and the ammount it is set at. Apparently this is so they may
    > break the
    > withdrawls into smaller increments and withdraw over a couple days to

  41. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    In article <421CF973.F4ED7B03@ddress.com>, notan@ddress.com says...

    >Kind of OT, but what the hell...
    >
    >I remember my first credit card... I was in college and my limit
    >was something like $1000. After a year of not using the card, AT
    >ALL, I received a letter from the bank, telling me that because
    >I was such a good customer, and never had any delinquent payments
    >(Mind you, I never had ANY payments!), they were raising my limit
    >to $5000.
    >
    >Unless you've done something terribly wrong, BANKS WANT TO LOAN
    >YOU MONEY!!!
    >
    >Notan
    >
    >Irene wrote:
    >>
    >> Frankly, I doubt that anyone else has either.
    >> Not to mention a bank that refuses to do business over the phone.
    >>
    >> My husband and I got our first bank card from Bank of America, the year they
    >> began issuing them(I believe B of A was the first bank to use bank cards).
    >> That was more than 40 years ago. We have never had a purchase rejected
    >> because the bank refused to honor the charge or debit. We have been called
    >> by the bank to verify a particular transaction, but nothing beyond that.
    >> When needed for a one time large purchase, we have had no problem getting it
    >> authorized by a simple phone call, in advance of the purchase, to the bank
    >> involved. All things considered, I think what happened is that he messed up
    >> and rather than admitting it, he is looking for a scapegoat.
    >>
    >> The only reasons that I can think of for a bank to put such restrictions on
    >> a person's account, including that they come into the bank in person, would
    >> be a fraud alert or identity theft situation, a lack of credit history, or a
    >> poor credit history.

    Don't use credit cards yet have over 635K in the bank, a new $500K home paid
    cash for and I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the account.
    No credit problems ever, have excellent credit Nuff said!
  42. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Lineacker" <linbacker@linxmail.org> wrote in message
    > In article <421CF973.F4ED7B03@ddress.com>, notan@ddress.com says...
    >>

    > Don't use credit cards yet have over 635K in the bank, a new $500K home
    > paid
    > cash for and I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the
    > account.
    > No credit problems ever, have excellent credit Nuff said!

    If you have only $635K in the bank and paid cash for a $500K home, then
    you're not very good with managing money, are you.

    Irrational
  43. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Lineacker" <linbacker@linxmail.org> wrote in message

    >I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the >account.

    Well, FINALLY, after all the BS, you just admitted the cause of the
    problem. You created it yourself and didn't have common sense enough to
    contact your bank IN ADVANCE to inform them you would have a one time
    "charge" coming through that exceeded your self imposed limit.
    All you had to do was tell your bank about the charge and from what company
    it was coming and you could have avoided all your problems.

    AND, I'm the "-------- stupid" one?

    I think not.

    "Lineacker" <linbacker@linxmail.org> wrote in message
    > In article <421CF973.F4ED7B03@ddress.com>, notan@ddress.com says...
    >>

    >>Kind of OT, but what the hell...
    >>
    >>I remember my first credit card... I was in college and my limit
    >>was something like $1000. After a year of not using the card, AT
    >>ALL, I received a letter from the bank, telling me that because
    >>I was such a good customer, and never had any delinquent payments
    >>(Mind you, I never had ANY payments!), they were raising my limit
    >>to $5000.
    >>
    >>Unless you've done something terribly wrong, BANKS WANT TO LOAN
    >>YOU MONEY!!!
    >>
    >>Notan
    >>
    >>Irene wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Frankly, I doubt that anyone else has either.
    >>> Not to mention a bank that refuses to do business over the phone.
    >>>
    >>> My husband and I got our first bank card from Bank of America, the year
    >>> they
    >>> began issuing them(I believe B of A was the first bank to use bank
    >>> cards).
    >>> That was more than 40 years ago. We have never had a purchase rejected
    >>> because the bank refused to honor the charge or debit. We have been
    >>> called
    >>> by the bank to verify a particular transaction, but nothing beyond that.
    >>> When needed for a one time large purchase, we have had no problem
    >>> getting it
    >>> authorized by a simple phone call, in advance of the purchase, to the
    >>> bank
    >>> involved. All things considered, I think what happened is that he messed
    >>> up
    >>> and rather than admitting it, he is looking for a scapegoat.
    >>>
    >>> The only reasons that I can think of for a bank to put such restrictions
    >>> on
    >>> a person's account, including that they come into the bank in person,
    >>> would
    >>> be a fraud alert or identity theft situation, a lack of credit history,
    >>> or a
    >>> poor credit history.
    >

    > Don't use credit cards yet have over 635K in the bank, a new $500K home
    > paid
    > cash for and I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the
    > account.
    > No credit problems ever, have excellent credit Nuff said!

  44. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > you're not very good with managing money, are you.
    >
    > Irrational

    Not to mention planning ahead for a one time purchase that he knows will
    exceed his self imposed $1500 limit. >g<

    > "Lineacker" <linbacker@linxmail.org> wrote in message
    >> In article <421CF973.F4ED7B03@ddress.com>, notan@ddress.com says...
    >>>

    >> Don't use credit cards yet have over 635K in the bank, a new $500K home
    >> paid
    >> cash for and I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the
    >> account.
    >> No credit problems ever, have excellent credit Nuff said!
    >>

    > If you have only $635K in the bank and paid cash for a $500K home, then
    > you're not very good with managing money, are you.
    >
    > Irrational

  45. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    In article <4E7Td.29665$Rl5.21547@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, tomtoo@softhome.net
    says...

    >"Lineacker" <linbacker@linxmail.org> wrote in message
    >> In article <421CF973.F4ED7B03@ddress.com>, notan@ddress.com says...
    >>>

    >> Don't use credit cards yet have over 635K in the bank, a new $500K home
    >> paid
    >> cash for and I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the
    >> account.
    >> No credit problems ever, have excellent credit Nuff said!
    >>

    >If you have only $635K in the bank and paid cash for a $500K home, then
    >you're not very good with managing money, are you.
    >
    >Irrational

    ROFLMAO! Jealous? Actually I am very good with managing money and I have
    excellent credit. I won't even list my investments. I think I'm doing rather
    well. Better then 75% of the interest paying slaves. I don't use credit ever.
    The debit card is simply my check book adm I am perfectly comfortable with the
    limit at the time I opened the checking account.
  46. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Lineacker wrote:

    > In article <4E7Td.29665$Rl5.21547@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, tomtoo@softhome.net
    > says...
    > >

    > >"Lineacker" <linbacker@linxmail.org> wrote in message
    > >> In article <421CF973.F4ED7B03@ddress.com>, notan@ddress.com says...
    > >>>

    > >> Don't use credit cards yet have over 635K in the bank, a new $500K home
    > >> paid
    > >> cash for and I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the
    > >> account.
    > >> No credit problems ever, have excellent credit Nuff said!
    > >>

    > >If you have only $635K in the bank and paid cash for a $500K home, then
    > >you're not very good with managing money, are you.
    > >
    > >Irrational
    > >

    > ROFLMAO! Jealous? Actually I am very good with managing money and I have
    > excellent credit. I won't even list my investments. I think I'm doing rather
    > well. Better then 75% of the interest paying slaves. I don't use credit ever.
    > The debit card is simply my check book adm I am perfectly comfortable with the
    > limit at the time I opened the checking account.

    I can pretty much guarantee that, in regards to this discussion, the word
    "jealous" has never pooped into anyone's head.

    Notan
  47. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > In article <4E7Td.29665$Rl5.21547@bignews4.bellsouth.net>,
    > tomtoo@softhome.net
    > says...
    >>

    >>"Lineacker" <linbacker@linxmail.org> wrote in message
    >>> In article <421CF973.F4ED7B03@ddress.com>, notan@ddress.com says...
    >>>>

    >>> Don't use credit cards yet have over 635K in the bank, a new $500K home
    >>> paid
    >>> cash for and I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the
    >>> account.
    >>> No credit problems ever, have excellent credit Nuff said!
    >>>

    >>If you have only $635K in the bank and paid cash for a $500K home, then
    >>you're not very good with managing money, are you.
    >>
    >>Irrational
    >>

    > ROFLMAO! Jealous? Actually I am very good with managing money and I have
    > excellent credit. I won't even list my investments. I think I'm doing
    > rather
    > well. Better then 75% of the interest paying slaves. I don't use credit
    > ever.
    > The debit card is simply my check book adm I am perfectly comfortable with
    > the
    > limit at the time I opened the checking account.

    Jealous, uh, no.

    Those figures were many years ago for me. I use M, not K, to describe my
    assets.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Notan wrote:

    > Lineacker wrote:
    > >
    > > In article <4E7Td.29665$Rl5.21547@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, tomtoo@softhome.net
    > > says...
    > > >

    > > >"Lineacker" <linbacker@linxmail.org> wrote in message

    > > >If you have only $635K in the bank and paid cash for a $500K home, then
    > > >you're not very good with managing money, are you.
    > > >
    > > >Irrational
    > > >

    > > ROFLMAO! Jealous? Actually I am very good with managing money and I have
    > > excellent credit. I won't even list my investments. I think I'm doing rather
    > > well. Better then 75% of the interest paying slaves. I don't use credit ever.
    > > The debit card is simply my check book adm I am perfectly comfortable with the
    > > limit at the time I opened the checking account.
    >
    > I can pretty much guarantee that, in regards to this discussion, the word
    > "jealous" has never pooped into anyone's head.

    Freudian slip... That should've been "popped!"

    Notan
  49. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    You can say that again.

    > Lineacker wrote:
    >>
    >> In article <4E7Td.29665$Rl5.21547@bignews4.bellsouth.net>,
    >> tomtoo@softhome.net
    >> says...
    >> >

    >> >"Lineacker" <linbacker@linxmail.org> wrote in message

    >> >If you have only $635K in the bank and paid cash for a $500K home, then
    >> >you're not very good with managing money, are you.
    >> >
    >> >Irrational
    >> >

    >> ROFLMAO! Jealous? Actually I am very good with managing money and I have
    >> excellent credit. I won't even list my investments. I think I'm doing
    >> rather
    >> well. Better then 75% of the interest paying slaves. I don't use credit
    >> ever.
    >> The debit card is simply my check book adm I am perfectly comfortable
    >> with the
    >> limit at the time I opened the checking account.
    >
    > I can pretty much guarantee that, in regards to this discussion, the word
    > "jealous" has never pooped into anyone's head.
    >
    > Notan

Dell Computers Product