beeps coming from tower

Jennifer

I've just noticed beeping noises coming from the tower of my computer. I
tried restarting it and that didn't fix it. I have no idea what to do.

does it beep right when you turn your PC on when windows hasn't started

or does it beep when your in windows?

"Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just noticed beeping noises coming from the tower of my computer. I
> tried restarting it and that didn't fix it. I have no idea what to do.

Jennifer, depending on the number of beeps and the frequency of them it
usually means a hardware component failure.
If you have no experience with the inside of a computer take it to a
Computer Repair shop.
"Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just noticed beeping noises coming from the tower of my computer. I
> tried restarting it and that didn't fix it. I have no idea what to do.

The beeps do mean things the typical few beeps you hear when booting up your
pc is the squence meaning all is okey, and I know from experience, a steedy
continuous beep means your ram has a problem.

peter

Could also mean an overheating problem. Take it to a PC fixit shop.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada