can't get past alt-ctrl-del - help me please??

ak

I have XP Pro on my laptop. the laptop is password protected. On boot up
when it asks you to alt-ctrl-del to get into the password screen it does
nothing, it just sticks at that point so I can't get to the point of putting
in my password. So I can't get into my computer. I have tried starting in
safe mode but it still stops at alt-ctrl-del............please someone help

Angela

What you might want to try is to boot up to your windows xp cd and run a
repair on the OS.

Good Luck

"AK" <anyoldmail@gmail.getridofme.com> wrote in message
>I have XP Pro on my laptop. the laptop is password protected. On boot up
> when it asks you to alt-ctrl-del to get into the password screen it does
> nothing, it just sticks at that point so I can't get to the point of
> putting
> in my password. So I can't get into my computer. I have tried starting
> in
> safe mode but it still stops at alt-ctrl-del............please someone
> help
>
> Angela

"AK" <anyoldmail@gmail.getridofme.com> wrote in message
>I have XP Pro on my laptop. the laptop is password protected. On boot up
> when it asks you to alt-ctrl-del to get into the password screen it does
> nothing, it just sticks at that point so I can't get to the point of
> putting
> in my password. So I can't get into my computer. I have tried starting
> in
> safe mode but it still stops at alt-ctrl-del............please someone
> help

Try an external keyboard, the normal keyboard may be broken.

--
WH