access to files after resore

Al

Hi,

I recently had to "reinstall" my computer. During the reinstall, some
files and folders that I now want to access were stored in a folder created
by Windows XP, called:
C:\My Backyp --02-05-05 1914\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents

When I try to open the folders I get a message that says that they are not
accessible and acess denied.

Could someone please help me?

Sorry, I am new to this and a little ignorant.

Thanks,
Al

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp
In XP Home you have to boot in safe mode to see the security tab. In
XP Pro you have to disable simple file sharing.