TECH: WG K7000 picture shrink (follow up)

bill

Hi all,

A few weeks back I posted a tech question on a WG K7000.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.video.arcade.collecting/browse_thread/thread/79cafb2586c32303/5bea4ebe927ab760?q=WGK7000&rnum=2#5bea4ebe927ab760

Since this post I have replaced IC2 and IC3 with no change. Checked
components that are in series with the repaired trace and didn't find
anything wrong. Essentially, the picture it stretched vertically at the top
of the monitor and then it becomes shrunk near the middle of the scren and
there is nothing else below it. Here's a picture of what I'm still looking
at. http://www.msu.edu/~miekkawi/misc/xmenproblem.jpg

Testing the monitor with no video hooked up gives you the same thing only
it's just raster. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Do you have another Tube to try the 7000 board on?
The Short Might have damaged the windings on the yoke. The Proper Ohms
for V and H escape me for the moment. (Anyone??)

If You Do not have a Spare Monitor you can do a Swap on.

Then You are going to have to get into the circuit with a Scope. Use an
Isolation transformer on it also. Follow along with the WG manual and
verifiy the different patterns and the various points. Shot Gunning
parts will only get you so far and it becomes expensive.

Good Luck

J & R

bill

Thanks for the reply. I do have another 25" monitor. It's mounted onto
another K7000 frame that someone tried to swap on a Hanterax Polo (sp?)
chassis. The tube is a RCA and the one that's currently on this K7000 is a
Phillips. I'll check and see if they can be swapped. I've never messed with
taking the actual tube apart and I'm curious; is it hard to swap just the
yoke? I've read that the convergance rings are a pain to mess with but I
don't recall what I read about the yoke. Thanks again.

Bill

"J & R" <arcadeadventures@aol.com> wrote in message
> Do you have another Tube to try the 7000 board on?
> The Short Might have damaged the windings on the yoke. The Proper Ohms
> for V and H escape me for the moment. (Anyone??)
>
> If You Do not have a Spare Monitor you can do a Swap on.
>
> Then You are going to have to get into the circuit with a Scope. Use an
> Isolation transformer on it also. Follow along with the WG manual and
> verifiy the different patterns and the various points. Shot Gunning
> parts will only get you so far and it becomes expensive.
>
> Good Luck
>
> J & R

If it's not a sealed yoke, then it's not to bad. Use a Magic Marker and
mark were the yoke and the Convergance rings sit. Both front to back
and left to right. A Lot of Patience helps.You learn a lot when you
replace a Yoke and have to reconverge. You can measure the resistance
to see if the yoke will work on your 7000 board.

Good Luck

J & R

You should just swap the tubes and not mess with the yoke unless you
have too. It can run into a several hour project to redue the
convergance. It's much easier to just swap the chassis. Just make
sure you discharge the tube.

Don

It's not that bad to replace a Yoke. It is a lot cheaper than trying to
find a 25" tube with a Yoke.

If you mark were everything goes that is half the battle. If push comes
to shove. Drag your Monitor down to the local TV shop and have them
realign it. They might let you watch and you can learn a few things
for the future.

I am guilty of wearing a pair of Jersey gloves with Rubber fronts. I my
hands still sweat after 20 years, when I work on thje back of a tube.
Remeber to remove all of your jewelery before you start.

J & R

TRENDING THREADS