Cost to send pics?

Last response: in Network Providers
June 2, 2004 1:03:11 PM

I'd like to buy the Ericsson Z600, which comes with the camera built in. I
have the $20/200 min package, but will change to the Fido to Fido $20/month
promo in 2-3 weeks (when the Fido Dollars promo *finally* gets off the
ground so I can get said handset). How much does it cost to send a picture
taken with said phone?

Might be a silly question, but I don't want to open my 1st bill and see that
sending 10 pics cost me $10.

Thanks!

More about : cost send pics

Anonymous
June 2, 2004 2:02:24 PM

$0.50 each, limited to 50kB. TTYL

"Missy" <yes@no.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to buy the Ericsson Z600, which comes with the camera built in.
> have the $20/200 min package, but will change to the Fido to Fido
$20/month
> promo in 2-3 weeks (when the Fido Dollars promo *finally* gets off the
> ground so I can get said handset). How much does it cost to send a
picture
> taken with said phone?
>
> Might be a silly question, but I don't want to open my 1st bill and see
that
> sending 10 pics cost me $10.
>
> Thanks!

Anonymous
June 2, 2004 2:26:39 PM

Thank you!

"repatch" <repatch42@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> $0.50 each, limited to 50kB. TTYL
>
> "Missy" <yes@no.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to buy the Ericsson Z600, which comes with the camera built in.
> > have the $20/200 min package, but will change to the Fido to Fido
> $20/month
> > promo in 2-3 weeks (when the Fido Dollars promo *finally* gets off the
> > ground so I can get said handset). How much does it cost to send a
> picture
> > taken with said phone?
> >
> > Might be a silly question, but I don't want to open my 1st bill and see
> that
> > sending 10 pics cost me $10.
> >
> > Thanks!

June 2, 2004 3:33:30 PM

It's actually $0.25 per message sent, but it's free until June 15th. Also,
it is free to receive MMS (picture messages). I don't know where he got the
$0.50 price from.

CU

> Thank you!
>

> "repatch" <repatch42@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > $0.50 each, limited to 50kB. TTYL
> >
> > "Missy" <yes@no.com> wrote in message
> > > I'd like to buy the Ericsson Z600, which comes with the camera built
in.
> > > have the $20/200 min package, but will change to the Fido to Fido
> > $20/month
> > > promo in 2-3 weeks (when the Fido Dollars promo *finally* gets off the
> > > ground so I can get said handset). How much does it cost to send a
> > picture
> > > taken with said phone?
> > >
> > > Might be a silly question, but I don't want to open my 1st bill and
see
> > that
> > > sending 10 pics cost me $10.
> > >
> > > Thanks!

---
June 2, 2004 5:09:16 PM

My mistake, sorry about that.

"Cellular Unlocker" <cellularunlocker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It's actually $0.25 per message sent, but it's free until June 15th.
Also,
> it is free to receive MMS (picture messages). I don't know where he got
the
> $0.50 price from.
>
> CU
>
> "Missy" <yes@no.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you!
> >

> > "repatch" <repatch42@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > $0.50 each, limited to 50kB. TTYL
> > >
> > > "Missy" <yes@no.com> wrote in message
> in.
> > > $20/month
> > > picture

> see
> > > that

> ---

June 2, 2004 6:33:17 PM

No problem. Here's a link to Fido's official page on MMS:
http://www.fido.ca/portal/mms/promo.jsp

CU

> My mistake, sorry about that.
>
> "Cellular Unlocker" <cellularunlocker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > It's actually $0.25 per message sent, but it's free until June 15th.
> Also,
> > it is free to receive MMS (picture messages). I don't know where he got
> the
> > $0.50 price from.
> >
> > CU
> >
> > "Missy" <yes@no.com> wrote in message
> > > Thank you!
> > >

> > > "repatch" <repatch42@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > in.
> the

> > see

> > ---

---
June 3, 2004 2:27:46 AM

Hi,

This is slightly off-topic on the thread but deals with MMS so I thought
that I would post it here as opposed to creating a new thread.

I'm trying to configure MMS on my Treo600 for Fido. I went to the webpage
that you specified and after some searching through Fido's webpages, I came
across the following settings for MMS:
Expire time (not currently supported)
Def. priority
Def. duration
Retrieval
MMS relaysrv. (http://mms.fido.ca)
IP settings (205.151.011.013, port 9201)
Conn. profile (Fido MMS)

However, on the Treo 600, the MMS settings are specified/defined as being
"MMS Gateway Address", "MMSC URL", and "MMSC Port Number"

Is "MMS Gateway Address" the same as "MMS relaysrv"? Do I specify the IP
address from IP settings (205.151.011.013) in "MMSC URL"? or is it vice
versa (MMS Gateway Address" being the IP address from "IP settings" and
"MMSC URL" being the same as "MMS relaysrv"? I know that the "MMSC Port
Number" that the Treo 600 is referring to is "9201" (taken from "IP
settings")

Thanks.

> No problem. Here's a link to Fido's official page on MMS:
> http://www.fido.ca/portal/mms/promo.jsp
>
> CU
>
> "repatch" <repatch42@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > My mistake, sorry about that.
> >
> > "Cellular Unlocker" <cellularunlocker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > It's actually $0.25 per message sent, but it's free until June 15th.
> > Also,
> > > it is free to receive MMS (picture messages). I don't know where he
got
> > the
> > > $0.50 price from.
> > >
> > > CU
> > >
> > > "Missy" <yes@no.com> wrote in message

> built
> > > in.
Fido
> > the

> and
> > > see

> > > ---
> > >

> ---

June 9, 2004 9:46:18 AM

Since Fido's MMS feature (Picture Messaging feature) is free until
June 15, you can just try the various settings if the Fido customer
service representatives can't help you and aren't familiar with the
terminology used by the Treo 600.

!