my monitor (lcd) when I turned comp back on after hardware..

I was installing a motherboard cooling fan and when I restarted the computer
after all was installed, my monitor wouldnt display anything but when I
pressed the button to reset to factory settings it said in save power mode
press keyboard of mouse and I did so and nothing happened, I haven't the
slightest clue on what is wrong please help.

-DAVE

Do you get the initial beep of the BIOS Startup? Sounds like maybe the
system is not posting. Try repeatedly hitting the "Del" key when you start
up to see if the BIOS Setup screen will come up. If it wont, then you may
have a shorted Motherboard.
Did you install a "Motherboard Fan" or a "CPU" fan??
If you changed the CPU fan maybe it is not seated properly and therefore
powering OFF the CPU due to Overheating.

"iempire" <iempire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was installing a motherboard cooling fan and when I restarted the
>computer
> after all was installed, my monitor wouldnt display anything but when I
> pressed the button to reset to factory settings it said in save power mode
> press keyboard of mouse and I did so and nothing happened, I haven't the
> slightest clue on what is wrong please help.
>
> -DAVE

I'm sure it was a motherboard fan, and yes I get the inital beeps from
booting up. the fan for the cpu is connected and spinning the right way. I
think I need to find a way to boot the monitor out of save power mode thats
invoked on the computer somehow. any more suggestions please keep them
comming.

"Rattleon" wrote:

> Do you get the initial beep of the BIOS Startup? Sounds like maybe the
> system is not posting. Try repeatedly hitting the "Del" key when you start
> up to see if the BIOS Setup screen will come up. If it wont, then you may
> have a shorted Motherboard.
> Did you install a "Motherboard Fan" or a "CPU" fan??
> If you changed the CPU fan maybe it is not seated properly and therefore
> powering OFF the CPU due to Overheating.
>
> "iempire" <iempire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was installing a motherboard cooling fan and when I restarted the
> >computer
> > after all was installed, my monitor wouldnt display anything but when I
> > pressed the button to reset to factory settings it said in save power mode
> > press keyboard of mouse and I did so and nothing happened, I haven't the
> > slightest clue on what is wrong please help.
> >
> > -DAVE

What happened when you tried to get into the BIOS as I suggested in my
earlier post to you?? You didn't say what happened when you tried it !
Computers (As far as I know) do not boot to a "save power mode" ??
If you can not get to a BIOS Setup screen as I have advised, then I would
STRONGLY suggest you take it to a "qualified" repair person.

Good Day
"iempire" <david1983@verizon.net> wrote in message

> I'm sure it was a motherboard fan, and yes I get the inital beeps from
> booting up. the fan for the cpu is connected and spinning the right way. I
> think I need to find a way to boot the monitor out of save power mode
> thats
> invoked on the computer somehow. any more suggestions please keep them
> comming.
>

> "Rattleon" wrote:
>
>> Do you get the initial beep of the BIOS Startup? Sounds like maybe the
>> system is not posting. Try repeatedly hitting the "Del" key when you
>> start
>> up to see if the BIOS Setup screen will come up. If it wont, then you may
>> have a shorted Motherboard.
>> Did you install a "Motherboard Fan" or a "CPU" fan??
>> If you changed the CPU fan maybe it is not seated properly and
>> therefore
>> powering OFF the CPU due to Overheating.
>>
>> "iempire" <iempire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I was installing a motherboard cooling fan and when I restarted the
>> >computer
>> > after all was installed, my monitor wouldnt display anything but when I
>> > pressed the button to reset to factory settings it said in save power
>> > mode
>> > press keyboard of mouse and I did so and nothing happened, I haven't
>> > the
>> > slightest clue on what is wrong please help.
>> >
>> > -DAVE

well I couldnt get in to BIOS, it does boot up , it doesnt boot to that
message screen I actually have to press one of the 6 function keys on my
monitor inorder for it to prompt itself up....I was thinking about perhaps
just installing another vide cards I need a better one anyways...