Blues future

Yesterday at Yahoo, Frank was telling me about Chelsea boringness and that
we lack good striker force.
I can agree with the secong, but don't accept a 11 points gap is boring at
all.
Papers talk very much about us now, it's the Mour row, Gerrard, Cole
(Ashley), Joaquim, etc.
In my view, Chelsea will sell some names this summer, Geremi, Parker,
Cudicini, who knows, all dependant on the new signings.
Kenyon said we will be under budget normalty, but who can trully say what
is normalty to Roman?
I just hope we will keep most of the actual squad, if Cole is coming, it
seems natural as we have only one DL, but the tapping thing is a bit
annoying, despite not new in England as per reports from Sir Alex past
attitudes. Gerrard? May be if he is to replace aging Makelele, but I don't
see him as a DMC, so I can't really understand where he will play...at
right? If so why Joaquim? Well maybe it's all just specullation.
We have two great keepers and can't trust Cud will rest calm for another
season, and surely United and Pool need a good keeper like him.
At back right we don't need any changes as Ferreira plus Johnson gave a
good work.
At left Cole is a possibility, but I would spend less in an young promisse.
Centre-backs are just fine, Terry alongside Carvalho or Gallas makes us
strong enough, and Huth has kept his development been constantly capped at
Germany.
Central midfield with Lampard/Cole is just great, Makelele is good enough
for me, but I think Mourinho will sell him, Tiago might stay, Parker,
Smertin and Jarosik are too many, but it all depends on José view of squad
size for next season. Veron prolly will be sold.
At right Geremi is passed and we should have a proper player on that
position, but as Duff and Robben have been there on great performances I
don't know what is on JM mind. I would sign an AMR for sure.
On opposite we have the left wing perfect covered with above duo, and also
Cole can move there as 3rd choice.
Then comes the problem, strikers...Eidur is a nice fella, he can score,
but not enough to rule the game. Drogba has been very inconsistant, and
last game x WBA proved he is out of form. Kezman was a great hope, but
despite the winning goal at Carling Cup he has proved to be the wrong lad
to fulfil our hopes. Crespo done a great spell at Milan so far, but I
don't think he wants to stay in London next season. But who we could sign?
I don't clear see a good prospect, as the one I'd like to see there seems
to be already a Madrid player (Robinho).
Too much to happen yet, but I'm confident Chelsea wont make another
"revolution".

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of

Deleted member k

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Yesterday at Yahoo, Frank was telling me about Chelsea boringness and
> that we lack good striker force.
> I can agree with the secong, but don't accept a 11 points gap is boring
> at all.
> Papers talk very much about us now, it's the Mour row, Gerrard, Cole
> (Ashley), Joaquim, etc.
> In my view, Chelsea will sell some names this summer, Geremi, Parker,
> Cudicini, who knows, all dependant on the new signings.
> Kenyon said we will be under budget normalty, but who can trully say
> what is normalty to Roman?
> I just hope we will keep most of the actual squad, if Cole is coming,
> it seems natural as we have only one DL, but the tapping thing is a
> bit annoying, despite not new in England as per reports from Sir Alex
> past attitudes. Gerrard? May be if he is to replace aging Makelele, but
> I don't see him as a DMC, so I can't really understand where he will
> play...at right? If so why Joaquim? Well maybe it's all just specullation.
> We have two great keepers and can't trust Cud will rest calm for
> another season, and surely United and Pool need a good keeper like him.
> At back right we don't need any changes as Ferreira plus Johnson gave a
> good work.
> At left Cole is a possibility, but I would spend less in an young promisse.
> Centre-backs are just fine, Terry alongside Carvalho or Gallas makes us
> strong enough, and Huth has kept his development been constantly capped
> at Germany.
> Central midfield with Lampard/Cole is just great, Makelele is good
> enough for me, but I think Mourinho will sell him, Tiago might stay,
> Parker, Smertin and Jarosik are too many, but it all depends on José
> view of squad size for next season. Veron prolly will be sold.
> At right Geremi is passed and we should have a proper player on that
> position, but as Duff and Robben have been there on great performances
> I don't know what is on JM mind. I would sign an AMR for sure.
> On opposite we have the left wing perfect covered with above duo, and
> also Cole can move there as 3rd choice.
> Then comes the problem, strikers...Eidur is a nice fella, he can score,
> but not enough to rule the game. Drogba has been very inconsistant, and
> last game x WBA proved he is out of form. Kezman was a great hope, but
> despite the winning goal at Carling Cup he has proved to be the wrong
> lad to fulfil our hopes. Crespo done a great spell at Milan so far, but
> I don't think he wants to stay in London next season. But who we could
> sign? I don't clear see a good prospect, as the one I'd like to see
> there seems to be already a Madrid player (Robinho).
> Too much to happen yet, but I'm confident Chelsea wont make another
> "revolution".

Chelsea definitly need to obtain a left-back, that's a certainity for
the summer, whether it's Cole or not, I'm not sure. As for the others,
Veron and Crespo both are doing well for Inter and Milan, and they might
decide to purchase them, so they'll go. Strikers, don't you still have
that Forsell and Carlton Cole on loan as well??

Em Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:40:26 +0000, K <k@k.com> escreveu:

> [...]
>> a great hope, but despite the winning goal at Carling Cup he has
>> proved to be the wrong lad to fulfil our hopes. Crespo done a great
>> spell at Milan so far, but I don't think he wants to stay in London
>> next season. But who we could sign? I don't clear see a good prospect,
>> as the one I'd like to see there seems to be already a Madrid player
>> (Robinho).
>> Too much to happen yet, but I'm confident Chelsea wont make another
>> "revolution".
>>
> Chelsea definitly need to obtain a left-back, that's a certainity for
> the summer, whether it's Cole or not, I'm not sure. As for the others,
> Veron and Crespo both are doing well for Inter and Milan, and they might
> decide to purchase them, so they'll go. Strikers, don't you still have
> that Forsell and Carlton Cole on loan as well??

yep we do, but don't know if they're high enough to it.
Forsell injury proneness and Cole inconsistancy are not what we need.
My real feeling is that kezman and Drogba can grow yet, as both have great
potential, but I do think JM will try to bring a target man.

--

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> [...]
>>> London next season. But who we could sign? I don't clear see a good
>>> prospect, as the one I'd like to see there seems to be already a
>>> Madrid player (Robinho).
>>> Too much to happen yet, but I'm confident Chelsea wont make another
>>> "revolution".
>>>
>> Chelsea definitly need to obtain a left-back, that's a certainity for
>> the summer, whether it's Cole or not, I'm not sure. As for the
>> others, Veron and Crespo both are doing well for Inter and Milan, and
>> they might decide to purchase them, so they'll go. Strikers, don't
>> you still have that Forsell and Carlton Cole on loan as well??
>

> yep we do, but don't know if they're high enough to it.
> Forsell injury proneness and Cole inconsistancy are not what we need.
> My real feeling is that kezman and Drogba can grow yet, as both have
> great potential, but I do think JM will try to bring a target man.

I still think he made a mistake getting rid of JFH, he's still got a few
years in him

Em Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:21:17 +0000, K <k@k.com> escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:

>>> Chelsea definitly need to obtain a left-back, that's a certainity for
>>> the summer, whether it's Cole or not, I'm not sure. As for the
>>> others, Veron and Crespo both are doing well for Inter and Milan, and
>>> they might decide to purchase them, so they'll go. Strikers, don't
>>> you still have that Forsell and Carlton Cole on loan as well??
>> yep we do, but don't know if they're high enough to it.
>> Forsell injury proneness and Cole inconsistancy are not what we need.
>> My real feeling is that kezman and Drogba can grow yet, as both have
>> great potential, but I do think JM will try to bring a target man.
>>

> I still think he made a mistake getting rid of JFH, he's still got a few
> years in him

you might be right, but I doubt JFH was keen to be on rotation, and this
was the major factor on his departure

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
Have fun!

The Brazilian Man wrote:

<snipped>

Very interesting post Edu.

Basically our core players for next season will be...

Cech, Terry, Makelele, Lampard, Robben & Duff.

Around these players will come the squad players. Joe Cole has been a
revelation in the last month, and would be interesting how it is played
when he, Duff and Robben are all fit!

The main players I can see going are...

Geremi, Smertin (although I like him) and Parker.

Tiago hasn't impressed me one bit since he's come over.

If Gerrard did come - then the side would look like this...

GK - Cech
RB - Ferreira
LB - Bridge
CB - Terry
CB - Gallas
DMC- Makelele
MC - Lampard
MC - Gerrard
AML- Duff
AMR- Robben
ST - Drogba/Kezman/Eidur/Forssell

I honestly believe we'd see Gerrard a better footballer if he's got
someone like Makelele behind him - so he can go forward.

One thing is certain - we desperately need a RvN, Henry, Raul, Adriano -
who are 25+ goal machines!

--
"Having seen Chelsea close up I am still 100% confident that we will go
through to the quarter-finals! We have a better team than Chelsea and

Chelsea 4 Barcelona 2 (5-4 on agg)

Em Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:30:57 +0000, Toby Briggs <toby.briggs@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> Very interesting post Edu.
>
> Basically our core players for next season will be...
>
> Cech, Terry, Makelele, Lampard, Robben & Duff.
>
> Around these players will come the squad players. Joe Cole has been a
> revelation in the last month, and would be interesting how it is played
> when he, Duff and Robben are all fit!
>
> The main players I can see going are...
>
> Geremi, Smertin (although I like him) and Parker.
>
> Tiago hasn't impressed me one bit since he's come over.
>
> If Gerrard did come - then the side would look like this...
>
> GK - Cech
> RB - Ferreira
> LB - Bridge
> CB - Terry
> CB - Gallas
> DMC- Makelele
> MC - Lampard
> MC - Gerrard
> AML- Duff
> AMR- Robben
> ST - Drogba/Kezman/Eidur/Forssell
>
> I honestly believe we'd see Gerrard a better footballer if he's got
> someone like Makelele behind him - so he can go forward.
>
> One thing is certain - we desperately need a RvN, Henry, Raul, Adriano -
> who are 25+ goal machines!

could agree with all but Raul, pls not him! :)
and we need cover for Bridge too.

--

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Em Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:21:17 +0000, K <k@k.com> escreveu:
>
>> The Brazilian Man wrote:

>>> yep we do, but don't know if they're high enough to it.
>>> Forsell injury proneness and Cole inconsistancy are not what we need.
>>> My real feeling is that kezman and Drogba can grow yet, as both have
>>> great potential, but I do think JM will try to bring a target man.
>>>

>> I still think he made a mistake getting rid of JFH, he's still got a
>> few years in him
>

> you might be right, but I doubt JFH was keen to be on rotation, and
> this was the major factor on his departure

If you play for a club challenging to win trophies domestically and in
Europe, you have to be part of a squad rotation and accept the fact that
you won't play all the games (unless you're called Frank Lampard - that
guy never seems to get tired)

>>> I still think he made a mistake getting rid of JFH, he's still got a
>>> few years in him
>> you might be right, but I doubt JFH was keen to be on rotation, and
>> this was the major factor on his departure
>>

> If you play for a club challenging to win trophies domestically and in
> Europe, you have to be part of a squad rotation and accept the fact that
> you won't play all the games (unless you're called Frank Lampard - that
> guy never seems to get tired)

agree, but remember he was having bad times with Ranieri for not been an
all timer.

--

K wrote:
> The Brazilian Man wrote:

>>> I still think he made a mistake getting rid of JFH, he's still got a
>>> few years in him
>>

>> you might be right, but I doubt JFH was keen to be on rotation, and
>> this was the major factor on his departure
>>

> If you play for a club challenging to win trophies domestically and in
> Europe, you have to be part of a squad rotation and accept the fact that
> you won't play all the games (unless you're called Frank Lampard - that
> guy never seems to get tired)

He seems to be a wonderful buy for £11m - priceless now!

--
"Having seen Chelsea close up I am still 100% confident that we will go
through to the quarter-finals! We have a better team than Chelsea and
I'm certain that we will score at Stamford Bridge to take us through." -
Ronaldinho, March 2005

Chelsea 4 Barcelona 2 (5-4 on agg)

>> If you play for a club challenging to win trophies domestically and in
>> Europe, you have to be part of a squad rotation and accept the fact
>> that you won't play all the games (unless you're called Frank Lampard -
>> that guy never seems to get tired)
>
> He seems to be a wonderful buy for £11m - priceless now!

I like very mush Terry, but Lampard is the real Chelsea heart!
My order of preference would be:

1-Lampard
2-Terry
3-Robben
4-Cech
5-Duff

--
The Brazilian Man
* before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of
not read it*
a strong fan of Brazil, Palmeiras and Chelsea!
Have fun!

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:30:57 +0000, Toby Briggs put finger to keyboard
and typed:

>The Brazilian Man wrote:
>
><snipped>
>
>Very interesting post Edu.
>
>Basically our core players for next season will be...
>
>Cech, Terry, Makelele, Lampard, Robben & Duff.

Yup.

>Around these players will come the squad players. Joe Cole has been a
>revelation in the last month, and would be interesting how it is played
>when he, Duff and Robben are all fit!

I think you may have answered your own question a bit lower down...

>The main players I can see going are...
>
>Geremi, Smertin (although I like him) and Parker.
>
>Tiago hasn't impressed me one bit since he's come over.

Nor me - he seems skilful enough, but a bit lightweight. I think that
this is probably Joe Cole's best chance of claiming a regular starting
position in the long term.

I don't think Mourinho will sell Geremi, Smertin or Parker unless they
ask to leave, though. He doesn't need the money, and he's used Smertin
and Parker often enough as squad players to suggest that he thinks
they're useful. And he's on record as saying that he likes to have
Geremi on the bench, as he's one of their more versatile players and
can fill in if needed for an injury to a player who doesn't have a
natural replacement among the subs.

The most likely departure, IMO, is Cudicini - it must be hard to go
from being the best keeper in the Premiership to being only the
second-best at your club. I'm surpsied he isn't already appearing in
the rumour pages being linked to Man U or Arsenal, both of whom would
love a keeper of that quality. Maybe Arsenal would do a part-exchange
for Ashley Cole?

>If Gerrard did come - then the side would look like this...
>
>GK - Cech
>RB - Ferreira
>LB - Bridge
>CB - Terry
>CB - Gallas
>DMC- Makelele
>MC - Lampard
>MC - Gerrard
>AML- Duff
>AMR- Robben
>ST - Drogba/Kezman/Eidur/Forssell

In the short term, yes. But Makelele is 33 and one of the older
players in the squad. In the long run, I think Mourinho has Gerrard
earmarked as Makelele's replacement, rather than to play alongside
him. A midfield trio of Gerrard, Lampard and Joe Cole could be not
only Chelsea's first choice for the next five years or so but also
England's.

>I honestly believe we'd see Gerrard a better footballer if he's got
>someone like Makelele behind him - so he can go forward.
>
>One thing is certain - we desperately need a RvN, Henry, Raul, Adriano -
>who are 25+ goal machines!

I think Forsell could turn out to be one of these, at least in the
Premiership - he did well enough for Birmingham when on loan there. As
for another - maybe Michael Owen? :)

Mark
--
http://www.OrangeHedgehog.com - blog and forum
"So rock and roll, so corporate suit"

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Yesterday at Yahoo, Frank was telling me about Chelsea boringness and
> that we lack good striker force.

I'm quite happy with the strike force you have at the moment, though you
could have loaned Crespo elsewhere :-(

> I can agree with the secong, but don't accept a 11 points gap is
> boring at all.
> Papers talk very much about us now, it's the Mour row, Gerrard, Cole
> (Ashley), Joaquim, etc.

Is there a reason why you sold Babayaro to Newcastle in Jan? As it leaves
you without a real backup left back which leads some weight to the rumours
about A.Cole. I doubt Gerrard would join at the end of this season, end of
next season possibly depending on how Liverpool do. If Football manager is
anything to go buy you'll be buying Rosicky and Totti, both quite likely due
to the financial problems at Dortmund and Roma.

> In my view, Chelsea will sell some names this summer, Geremi, Parker,
> Cudicini, who knows, all dependant on the new signings.
> Kenyon said we will be under budget normalty, but who can trully say
> what is normalty to Roman?
> I just hope we will keep most of the actual squad, if Cole is coming,
> it seems natural as we have only one DL, but the tapping thing is a
> bit annoying, despite not new in England as per reports from Sir Alex
> past attitudes.

I think it is the rather blantent way Chelsea tapped up (supposed - so I
don't get sued :) ) Ashley Cole, previous tapping reports have been more
shaddy and harder to prove. Though their defence of Cole approached us so
it's not our fault is not the best - it was still illegal, all they had to
do was say no and tell Arsenal Cole approached them and Chelsea would be
fine. But with the problems Mourinho has been causing recently it's looking
more likely that you'll be losing points or facing a large fine. 12 points
deducted will do me, also ban Cole for a few months and the title should be
ours :)

Gerrard? May be if he is to replace aging Makelele,
> but I don't see him as a DMC, so I can't really understand where he
> will play...at right? If so why Joaquim? Well maybe it's all just
> specullation. We have two great keepers and can't trust Cud will rest calm
> for
> another season, and surely United and Pool need a good keeper like
> him. At back right we don't need any changes as Ferreira plus Johnson gave
> a good work.
> At left Cole is a possibility, but I would spend less in an young
> promisse. Centre-backs are just fine, Terry alongside Carvalho or
> Gallas makes us strong enough, and Huth has kept his development been
> constantly capped at Germany.
> Central midfield with Lampard/Cole is just great, Makelele is good
> enough for me, but I think Mourinho will sell him, Tiago might stay,
> Parker, Smertin and Jarosik are too many, but it all depends on José
> view of squad size for next season. Veron prolly will be sold.
> At right Geremi is passed and we should have a proper player on that
> position, but as Duff and Robben have been there on great
> performances I don't know what is on JM mind. I would sign an AMR for
> sure.

Agree with you on the general positions, though the sale of Cudinci would
require you to sign a backup goalie.

> On opposite we have the left wing perfect covered with above duo, and
> also Cole can move there as 3rd choice.
> Then comes the problem, strikers...Eidur is a nice fella, he can
> score, but not enough to rule the game. Drogba has been very
> inconsistant, and last game x WBA proved he is out of form. Kezman
> was a great hope, but despite the winning goal at Carling Cup he has
> proved to be the wrong lad to fulfil our hopes. Crespo done a great
> spell at Milan so far, but I don't think he wants to stay in London
> next season. But who we could sign? I don't clear see a good
> prospect, as the one I'd like to see there seems to be already a
> Madrid player (Robinho).

I expect you'd snap up a youngster or a decent striker playing for a lower
team, though most of the best strikers do seem to be quite happy at their
clubs. And don't get any ideas about RvN :)

> Too much to happen yet, but I'm confident Chelsea wont make another
> "revolution".

Unless they fail to win anything :)

--
Michael Murray

Em Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:09:28 -0000, Michael Murray
<NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> Yesterday at Yahoo, Frank was telling me about Chelsea boringness and
>> that we lack good striker force.
>
> I'm quite happy with the strike force you have at the moment, though you
> could have loaned Crespo elsewhere :-(

they're good names, but i.e. Kezman goal rate is way far from good :)

>> I can agree with the secong, but don't accept a 11 points gap is
>> boring at all.
>> Papers talk very much about us now, it's the Mour row, Gerrard, Cole
>> (Ashley), Joaquim, etc.
>
> Is there a reason why you sold Babayaro to Newcastle in Jan? As it leaves
> you without a real backup left back which leads some weight to the
> rumours
> about A.Cole. I doubt Gerrard would join at the end of this season, end
> of
> next season possibly depending on how Liverpool do. If Football manager
> is
> anything to go buy you'll be buying Rosicky and Totti, both quite likely
> due
> to the financial problems at Dortmund and Roma.

I don't think any of them right for our missing position, as both play at
Lampard role.

>> In my view, Chelsea will sell some names this summer, Geremi, Parker,
>> Cudicini, who knows, all dependant on the new signings.
>> Kenyon said we will be under budget normalty, but who can trully say
>> what is normalty to Roman?
>> I just hope we will keep most of the actual squad, if Cole is coming,
>> it seems natural as we have only one DL, but the tapping thing is a
>> bit annoying, despite not new in England as per reports from Sir Alex
>> past attitudes.
>
> I think it is the rather blantent way Chelsea tapped up (supposed - so I
> don't get sued :) ) Ashley Cole, previous tapping reports have been more
> shaddy and harder to prove. Though their defence of Cole approached us so
> it's not our fault is not the best - it was still illegal, all they had
> do was say no and tell Arsenal Cole approached them and Chelsea would be
> fine. But with the problems Mourinho has been causing recently it's
> looking
> more likely that you'll be losing points or facing a large fine. 12
> points
> deducted will do me, also ban Cole for a few months and the title should
> be
> ours :)

don't believe in it, as it would look like an action on purpose to demote
Chelsea success.

> Gerrard? May be if he is to replace aging Makelele,
>> but I don't see him as a DMC, so I can't really understand where he
>> will play...at right? If so why Joaquim? Well maybe it's all just
>> specullation. We have two great keepers and can't trust Cud will rest
>> calm
>> for
>> another season, and surely United and Pool need a good keeper like
>> him. At back right we don't need any changes as Ferreira plus Johnson
>> gave
>> a good work.
>> At left Cole is a possibility, but I would spend less in an young
>> promisse. Centre-backs are just fine, Terry alongside Carvalho or
>> Gallas makes us strong enough, and Huth has kept his development been
>> constantly capped at Germany.
>> Central midfield with Lampard/Cole is just great, Makelele is good
>> enough for me, but I think Mourinho will sell him, Tiago might stay,
>> Parker, Smertin and Jarosik are too many, but it all depends on José
>> view of squad size for next season. Veron prolly will be sold.
>> At right Geremi is passed and we should have a proper player on that
>> position, but as Duff and Robben have been there on great
>> performances I don't know what is on JM mind. I would sign an AMR for
>> sure.
>
> Agree with you on the general positions, though the sale of Cudinci would
> require you to sign a backup goalie.

that's not so hard, with so many keepers with experience to fit this hole.

>> On opposite we have the left wing perfect covered with above duo, and
>> also Cole can move there as 3rd choice.
>> Then comes the problem, strikers...Eidur is a nice fella, he can
>> score, but not enough to rule the game. Drogba has been very
>> inconsistant, and last game x WBA proved he is out of form. Kezman
>> was a great hope, but despite the winning goal at Carling Cup he has
>> proved to be the wrong lad to fulfil our hopes. Crespo done a great
>> spell at Milan so far, but I don't think he wants to stay in London
>> next season. But who we could sign? I don't clear see a good
>> prospect, as the one I'd like to see there seems to be already a
>> Madrid player (Robinho).
>
> I expect you'd snap up a youngster or a decent striker playing for a
> lower
> team, though most of the best strikers do seem to be quite happy at their
> clubs. And don't get any ideas about RvN :)
>
>> Too much to happen yet, but I'm confident Chelsea wont make another
>> "revolution".
>
> Unless they fail to win anything :)

we won't, at least EPL is ours. *fingers crossed* :-D

--

The Brazilian Man wrote:

> Yesterday at Yahoo, Frank was telling me about Chelsea boringness and
> that we lack good striker force.
> I can agree with the secong, but don't accept a 11 points gap is boring
> at all.
> Papers talk very much about us now, it's the Mour row, Gerrard, Cole
> (Ashley), Joaquim, etc.
> In my view, Chelsea will sell some names this summer, Geremi, Parker,
> Cudicini, who knows, all dependant on the new signings.
> Kenyon said we will be under budget normalty, but who can trully say
> what is normalty to Roman?
> I just hope we will keep most of the actual squad, if Cole is coming,
> it seems natural as we have only one DL, but the tapping thing is a
> bit annoying, despite not new in England as per reports from Sir Alex
> past attitudes. Gerrard? May be if he is to replace aging Makelele, but
> I don't see him as a DMC, so I can't really understand where he will
> play...at right? If so why Joaquim? Well maybe it's all just specullation.
> We have two great keepers and can't trust Cud will rest calm for
> another season, and surely United and Pool need a good keeper like him.
> At back right we don't need any changes as Ferreira plus Johnson gave a
> good work.
> At left Cole is a possibility, but I would spend less in an young promisse.
> Centre-backs are just fine, Terry alongside Carvalho or Gallas makes us
> strong enough, and Huth has kept his development been constantly capped
> at Germany.
> Central midfield with Lampard/Cole is just great, Makelele is good
> enough for me, but I think Mourinho will sell him, Tiago might stay,
> Parker, Smertin and Jarosik are too many, but it all depends on José
> view of squad size for next season. Veron prolly will be sold.
> At right Geremi is passed and we should have a proper player on that
> position, but as Duff and Robben have been there on great performances
> I don't know what is on JM mind. I would sign an AMR for sure.
> On opposite we have the left wing perfect covered with above duo, and
> also Cole can move there as 3rd choice.
> Then comes the problem, strikers...Eidur is a nice fella, he can score,
> but not enough to rule the game. Drogba has been very inconsistant, and
> last game x WBA proved he is out of form. Kezman was a great hope, but
> despite the winning goal at Carling Cup he has proved to be the wrong
> lad to fulfil our hopes. Crespo done a great spell at Milan so far, but
> I don't think he wants to stay in London next season. But who we could
> sign? I don't clear see a good prospect, as the one I'd like to see
> there seems to be already a Madrid player (Robinho).
> Too much to happen yet, but I'm confident Chelsea wont make another
> "revolution".

And still you manage to play boring football...

Deleted member k

Sunhill wrote:
> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>
>> Yesterday at Yahoo, Frank was telling me about Chelsea boringness and
>> that we lack good striker force.
>> I can agree with the secong, but don't accept a 11 points gap is
>> boring at all.
>> Papers talk very much about us now, it's the Mour row, Gerrard, Cole
>> (Ashley), Joaquim, etc.
>> In my view, Chelsea will sell some names this summer, Geremi, Parker,
>> Cudicini, who knows, all dependant on the new signings.
>> Kenyon said we will be under budget normalty, but who can trully say
>> what is normalty to Roman?
>> I just hope we will keep most of the actual squad, if Cole is coming,
>> it seems natural as we have only one DL, but the tapping thing is a
>> bit annoying, despite not new in England as per reports from Sir Alex
>> past attitudes. Gerrard? May be if he is to replace aging Makelele,
>> but I don't see him as a DMC, so I can't really understand where he
>> will play...at right? If so why Joaquim? Well maybe it's all just
>> specullation.
>> We have two great keepers and can't trust Cud will rest calm for
>> another season, and surely United and Pool need a good keeper like him.
>> At back right we don't need any changes as Ferreira plus Johnson gave
>> a good work.
>> At left Cole is a possibility, but I would spend less in an young
>> promisse.
>> Centre-backs are just fine, Terry alongside Carvalho or Gallas makes
>> us strong enough, and Huth has kept his development been constantly
>> capped at Germany.
>> Central midfield with Lampard/Cole is just great, Makelele is good
>> enough for me, but I think Mourinho will sell him, Tiago might stay,
>> Parker, Smertin and Jarosik are too many, but it all depends on José
>> view of squad size for next season. Veron prolly will be sold.
>> At right Geremi is passed and we should have a proper player on that
>> position, but as Duff and Robben have been there on great performances
>> I don't know what is on JM mind. I would sign an AMR for sure.
>> On opposite we have the left wing perfect covered with above duo, and
>> also Cole can move there as 3rd choice.
>> Then comes the problem, strikers...Eidur is a nice fella, he can
>> score, but not enough to rule the game. Drogba has been very
>> inconsistant, and last game x WBA proved he is out of form. Kezman
>> was a great hope, but despite the winning goal at Carling Cup he has
>> proved to be the wrong lad to fulfil our hopes. Crespo done a great
>> spell at Milan so far, but I don't think he wants to stay in London
>> next season. But who we could sign? I don't clear see a good
>> prospect, as the one I'd like to see there seems to be already a
>> Madrid player (Robinho).
>> Too much to happen yet, but I'm confident Chelsea wont make another
>> "revolution".
>>

> And still you manage to play boring football...

Does it really matter to the Chelsea fan when you're winning every game?

Em Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:32:07 +0000, K <k@k.com> escreveu:

> [...]
>>> also Cole can move there as 3rd choice.
>>> Then comes the problem, strikers...Eidur is a nice fella, he can
>>> score, but not enough to rule the game. Drogba has been very
>>> inconsistant, and last game x WBA proved he is out of form. Kezman
>>> was a great hope, but despite the winning goal at Carling Cup he has
>>> proved to be the wrong lad to fulfil our hopes. Crespo done a great
>>> spell at Milan so far, but I don't think he wants to stay in London
>>> next season. But who we could sign? I don't clear see a good
>>> prospect, as the one I'd like to see there seems to be already a
>>> Madrid player (Robinho).
>>> Too much to happen yet, but I'm confident Chelsea wont make another
>>> "revolution".
>>>

>> And still you manage to play boring football...
>
> Does it really matter to the Chelsea fan when you're winning every game?

as said before, 9 goals conceded in 29 games is not boring at all ;-)

--

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Em Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:32:07 +0000, K <k@k.com> escreveu:
>
>> Sunhill wrote:

>>> And still you manage to play boring football...
>>

>> Does it really matter to the Chelsea fan when you're winning every game?
>

> as said before, 9 goals conceded in 29 games is not boring at all ;-)

that must be a record if they finish the season like that..Doesn't
Arsenal hold the current record for least goals conceded, but I'm sure
that's into double figures though...

K wrote:
> [...]
>>> also Cole can move there as 3rd choice.
>>> Then comes the problem, strikers...Eidur is a nice fella, he can
>>> score, but not enough to rule the game. Drogba has been very
>>> inconsistant, and last game x WBA proved he is out of form. Kezman
>>> was a great hope, but despite the winning goal at Carling Cup he has
>>> proved to be the wrong lad to fulfil our hopes. Crespo done a great
>>> spell at Milan so far, but I don't think he wants to stay in London
>>> next season. But who we could sign? I don't clear see a good
>>> prospect, as the one I'd like to see there seems to be already a
>>> Madrid player (Robinho).
>>> Too much to happen yet, but I'm confident Chelsea wont make another
>>> "revolution".
>>>

>> And still you manage to play boring football...
>

> Does it really matter to the Chelsea fan when you're winning every game?

I`m just having fun with Edu. The games I\ve seen with chelsea haven`t
been boring at all. Remember that they create many chances as well, but
they haven`t got strikers that score on 50% of the chances. If they had,
they would`ve scored mored.

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:32:01 +0000, K wrote:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:

>>> I still think he made a mistake getting rid of JFH, he's still got a
>>> few years in him
>>

>> you might be right, but I doubt JFH was keen to be on rotation, and
>> this was the major factor on his departure
>>

> If you play for a club challenging to win trophies domestically and in
> Europe, you have to be part of a squad rotation and accept the fact that
> you won't play all the games (unless you're called Frank Lampard - that
> guy never seems to get tired)

He gets alot of energy from all that fat that he carries...

--
- / - Daniel - / -

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:32:07 +0000, K wrote:

> [...]
>>> also Cole can move there as 3rd choice.
>>> Then comes the problem, strikers...Eidur is a nice fella, he can
>>> score, but not enough to rule the game. Drogba has been very
>>> inconsistant, and last game x WBA proved he is out of form. Kezman
>>> was a great hope, but despite the winning goal at Carling Cup he has
>>> proved to be the wrong lad to fulfil our hopes. Crespo done a great
>>> spell at Milan so far, but I don't think he wants to stay in London
>>> next season. But who we could sign? I don't clear see a good
>>> prospect, as the one I'd like to see there seems to be already a
>>> Madrid player (Robinho).
>>> Too much to happen yet, but I'm confident Chelsea wont make another
>>> "revolution".
>>>

>> And still you manage to play boring football...
>
> Does it really matter to the Chelsea fan when you're winning every game?

It matters to the Brazilan Chelsea fan I'd think.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

>> If you play for a club challenging to win trophies domestically and in
>> Europe, you have to be part of a squad rotation and accept the fact that
>> you won't play all the games (unless you're called Frank Lampard - that
>> guy never seems to get tired)
>
> He gets alot of energy from all that fat that he carries...

????

--

Daniel Marsh wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:32:01 +0000, K wrote:
>

>>The Brazilian Man wrote:

>>>you might be right, but I doubt JFH was keen to be on rotation, and
>>>this was the major factor on his departure
>>>

>>If you play for a club challenging to win trophies domestically and in
>>Europe, you have to be part of a squad rotation and accept the fact that
>>you won't play all the games (unless you're called Frank Lampard - that
>>guy never seems to get tired)
>

> He gets alot of energy from all that fat that he carries...

Funny, I carry loads of fat, I don't get any energy...:)

K wrote:

> Daniel Marsh wrote:

>>> If you play for a club challenging to win trophies domestically and
>>> in Europe, you have to be part of a squad rotation and accept the
>>> fact that you won't play all the games (unless you're called Frank
>>> Lampard - that guy never seems to get tired)
>>

>> He gets alot of energy from all that fat that he carries...
>>

> Funny, I carry loads of fat, I don't get any energy...:)

Can`t say it`s energy I feel either. More the feeling of "couch-time".

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:32:16 -0300, The Brazilian Man wrote:

>>> If you play for a club challenging to win trophies domestically and in
>>> Europe, you have to be part of a squad rotation and accept the fact that
>>> you won't play all the games (unless you're called Frank Lampard - that
>>> guy never seems to get tired)
>>
>> He gets alot of energy from all that fat that he carries...
>>

> ????

He's on the chubby side...

--
- / - Daniel - / -